• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop sucks and I need help getting MGS4:LE

I never had luck ordering from gamestop.com, which has caused me to lose many a preorder bonus in the past (e.g. I place a preorder, thinking all is well, then on shipping time I find my order canceled and it's too late to preorder somewhere else). I didn't want to risk the same scenario happening with MGS4, so I thought I'd buy a GS Gift Card for the total amount (which would get processed immediately) and then I can use the funds to preorder MGS4, so I wouldn't have to wait until the last day to find out if my order is going through or not.

Well, the above didn't work, and my Gift Certificate preorder was cancelled. Usually I'd admit defeat and move on, but MGS is my favorite series and I really want to have the Limited Edition... So I sent them the following email, hoping to get the issue resolved:

Me to GS said:
Dear GameStop.com

I have been trying to order from your website for the longest time but
always find that my orders have been canceled and without any word or
justification from you. I think that's an unprofessional way to treat
customers.

I don't understand the reason why my orders are being canceled. I have
been shopping online since 1999 and I have become a regular customer for
some of your competitors. I only faced these problems with GameStop.com

Please let me know what I can do to solve this. I can send you any
documentation you need to verify my identity, credit card statements,
scans of the cards themselves, utility bills showing my billing address,
ID cards, etc.

I hope to hear from you soon.

They replied with the following:

GS to me said:
Dear [Naked Snake],

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com

We currently do not take orders from, or ship to your country or
territory. We regret not being able to do business with you. We
apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we can do business with
you sometime in the near future.

Best Regards,
Edward
Customer Service Agent

Damn you Gamestop and your semi-monopoly on the American gaming retail market.

Long story short: MGS4LE is exclusive to Gamestop. I don't live in America. They wont accept online orders from my country.

Solution: I ask kind NeoGAF members to help me out. If someone can secure a copy for me (or ideally 2 copies, but I wont frown on 1 obviously), I would be greatly thankful and will pay them back in whichever way they find convenient (PayPal, wire transfer, Amazon.com gift certificate, sexual favors, etc). Extra points if I get the Saga Vol.2 disc as well.

PS. I just need the game shipped to an address in New York, so no international shipping required on the volunteer's part.

eba_help.jpg

sexual favors

This person means business!

have you tried to go get LE from other sites? i know Europe may have not officially announced one but some are taking preorders and is it possible to order from them? ;o

DMPrince said:
This person means business!

have you tried to go get LE from other sites? i know Europe may have not officially announced one but some are taking preorders and is it possible to order from them? ;o

Has the LE even been announced for Europe yet?

Spoit

Can't really help, but I found it amusing that this was right next to the "NOT pre-ordering" thread

grandjedi6 said:
Where do you live?

I live in Jordan, but that shouldn't make a difference since I want the game shipped to an address in New York (it's a forwarding address I use for all my online orders).

Hey, maybe I don't need someone to buy me the game, if they can get me a GS Gift Card I can probably place the order myself, since I wont have to enter my billing address and such.

fernoca

Exactly.
The problem doesn't seem to be on shipping,. but when they verify the address of the card you used to get a giftcard/preorder/etc..

If you're planning on having the game shipped to NY, I suppose you have a relative or someone you know that lives there..why don't ask that person to preorder it over there and then ship it to you??

EDIT:
Oh, forwarding address..hmm..that makes thing difficult then..
You need to find then, someone to get a giftcard bought in the US...

Naked Snake said:
I just need the game shipped to an address in New York, so no international shipping required on the volunteer's part.[

if its near manhattan/long island i could drop an LE right off at the door =). also i know a gamestop that might still have saga discs, so i'll have to ask my friend that works there. let me know where in NY.

Hellshadow said:
ebay is your friend
inflated prices by scum looking for a quick buck is not.

battleMAUS said:
if its near manhattan/long island i could drop an LE right off at the door =). also i know a gamestop that might still have saga discs, so i'll have to ask my friend that works there. let me know where in NY.

It's in Springfield Gardens, zip code 11413-4058

dasupremeone said:
Sounds like a scam to me

I've been a regular on these forums for 10 years now, and I've had GAFers help me out in similar situations before. And I can send the money first.

Top Bottom