• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Lair **New** "HD" clips

NeXuSDK

Cutscenes look awesome, but the gameplay... the graphics made the same impression on me as N3 did... lots of units, but nothing too impressive and some things (like the enviroment, not counting the water) could look pretty bad...

Also the gameplay, again as with N3, doesn't look that inspiring...

Looks damn nice but the gameplay is the same old crappy Factor 5 formula.

Still could be fun to pick up at a lower price sometime next year I guess.

NeXuSDK said:
Cutscenes look awesome, but the gameplay... the graphics made the same impression on me as N3 did... lots of units, but nothing too impressive and some things (like the enviroment, not counting the water) could look pretty bad...

Also the gameplay, again as with N3, doesn't look that inspiring...
Well I don't know what N3 is Nights 3? I think LAIR does looking amazing. Plus those clips are not really HD and the game runs in full HD 1080 and thats not what the video clips were in. So of coarse the textures will look muddy.

jakershaker said:

yep.

looks like a solid rental.

jakershaker said:

Eh, what? I'm not going to say it looks great or anything, but I also don't understand how you can call it the same old Factor 5 formula. Did you actually watch the videos? Or was there a part of the RS games that I missed that involved hijacking other crafts, or tear off parts of other crafts and proceed to use said parts to take out ground troops?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Eh, what? I'm not going to say it looks great or anything, but I also don't understand how you can call it the same old Factor 5 formula. Did you actually watch the videos? Or was there a part of the RS games that I missed that involved hijacking other crafts, or tear off parts of other crafts and proceed to use said parts to take out ground troops?
That looks fun :D Taking a part of a creature and hucking it towards the ground troopers.

1-D_FTW

I don't get the same old Factor 5 complaints either. I'm pretty shocked to discover it's got a huge Dynasty Warrior element to it. That's a series people either love or hate... and I don't love it.

The water looks amazing. A jetski game of that quality would be amazing.

Thought the night attack on the fortress was really cool. Hopefully there's more flying action than "kill 2000 enemies to proceed" that a lot of the footage was.

NeXuSDK

InterMoniker said:
Well I don't know what N3 is Nights 3? I think LAIR does looking amazing. Plus those clips are not really HD and the game runs in full HD 1080 and thats not what the video clips were in. So of coarse the textures will look muddy.

Ninety Nine Nights... Mizuguchi's not-so-good 360 debut...

And you're saying by reducing the size of the image, things will look worse? It's usually the other way around, as long as the image quality is high...

1-D_FTW said:
I don't get the same old Factor 5 complaints either. I'm pretty shocked to discover it's got a huge Dynasty Warrior element to it. That's a series people either love or hate... and I don't love it.

The water looks amazing. A jetski game of that quality would be amazing.

Thought the night attack on the fortress was really cool. Hopefully there's more flying action than "kill 2000 enemies to proceed" that a lot of the footage was.

It's a lazy troll and it appears in all console exclusive game threads. He's going to have a little time to reconsider for the next time.

D O W N

Color me reasonably impressed, actually.

The swatting at soldiers stuff doesn't look too thrilling, so hopefully that isn't a huge element of the total game package, but the aerial stuff at least looks slick as advertised.

I keep hearing mixed things about the motion control, but yeah- pending that, this looks like a buy.

Core407

Banned
D O W N said:
Color me reasonably impressed, actually.

The swatting at soldiers stuff doesn't look too thrilling, so hopefully that isn't a huge element of the total game package, but the aerial stuff at least looks slick as advertised.

I keep hearing mixed things about the motion control, but yeah- pending that, this looks like a buy.

Hopefully the soldiers are just lower level ground enemies. Maybe later in the game we will see ground dragon fighting.

Mifune

Mehmber
I must be alone in thinking that the on-foot stuff looks awesome. I mean, you're a megaton dragon swiping piddly humans all over the place, and then setting them ablaze for the hell of it.

What's not to love?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I like the concept. I like the combat elements that seem to take a page from God of War with a splash of Kameo and a hint of Rogue Squadron. I am really tempering my excitement but I like what I am seeing and where it is heading.

Tieno

At times it seems very impressive. But it lacks something, kind of like nintey nine nights...I don't know. I think the colors are too dark and hide too much.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It looks good but (please don't attack me) it doesn't look very fun IMO.

J-Rzez

Mifune said:
I must be alone in thinking that the on-foot stuff looks awesome. I mean, you're a megaton dragon swiping piddly humans all over the place, and then setting them ablaze for the hell of it.

What's not to love?

No no no, I thought it was really cool just slaughtering the ground troops... Then saw you can rip another creatures head off and use it like a bowling ball :lol ... That was pretty cool... I like the scale of the game... I know that when I play it on my TV it'll look much better as well... I'm just curious about the gameplay stuff... I'll probably pick this up because it's pretty different, and the sound is supposed to be crazy in this as well...

It looks ok, but the GOTTA HAVE IT FACTOR is missing for me. The on-foot aspects don't look so fun. The flying bits look fun. The grass looks bad, the water looks GREAT and the dragons somewhere in between.

I'm holding out until I play a demo.

tribal24

Banned
the second video is just awesome and they show a new level at night it looked the way i expected it to look. but i think we should wait till the games come out though it would shine there definatly

The graphics on this title are really puzzling me. The dragon looks merely okay and the flying fire attack looks downright horrible but the landscape, weather, backgrounds and soldiers look absolutely superb.

ELS-01X said:
Except for the ghosting.
I know we need a real HD video site, but thats got to be pretty bandwidth intenseive and expensive.
Mifune said:

What's not to love?
I love it looks awesome! In one the pics on ign shows a guy riding a horse. I hope riding a horse makes it in the game

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Better than IGN's vids. They convey the sense of the wind quite well in that exclusive clip. The amount of stuff going on is impressive. I still don't particularly feel the aesthetics though, and there's lots of 'little things' they need to fix (I swear that a big tree just magically pops-in right beside the player's dragon in one part..).

There's an interview with Julian Eggebrecht here:

http://ps3.gamezone.com/news/04_13_07_12_20PM.htm

NeXuSDK

InterMoniker said:
I love it looks awesome! In one the pics on ign shows a guy riding a horse. I hope riding a horse makes it in the game

Actually, that picture right there shows, IMO, the worst side of the game. It looks way better flying around above the water and canyons, but these army-fighting scenes... look really not good at all :-/

NeXuSDK said:
Actually, that picture right there shows, IMO, the worst side of the game. It looks way better flying around above the water and canyons, but these army-fighting scenes... look really not good at all :-/
UUUUUgggggggggghhh I even resized the pic you douche!!!!! :lol

IMO it looks better in motion

Das-J

Law of the West
I think they stated that you'll never get off of your dragon... but mauling that horse and drinking its blood for health is entirely possible! :D

Das-J said:
I think they stated that you'll never get off of your dragon... but mauling that horse and drinking its blood for health is entirely possible! :D
:lol @ your avatar I was thinking about that movie in regards to getting on the horse. Imagine jumping on the horse and slicing people's heads off with a sword LoTR style :)

tribal24

Banned
isnt it still in alpha though, i hope thy fix the fire effect -_- i wanna see the liquid flames come out its mouth like anohter movie with dragons forgot which one

Amir0x

Banned
Man the graphics are insane, and the flight combat looks fun as hell... they really should have ditched that ground dragon combat though. It's basically flailing wildly with slow mo thrown annoyingly in between. It doesn't even have an appropriately satisfying crunch imo for what is essentially a Dragon mauling. I mean on paper Dragon mauling should have been cool as hell, but ehh... i guess i shouldn't judge from a video, but this aspect looks boring.

Flight combat looks ace though, definitely feeling that.

antiloop

I take back what I said in the other thread.

This looks sick in motion. Dunno about the gameplay though.

What is up with the vids at IGN?

veinkman

Cut scenes looked great, but the gameplay/in-game graphics looked absolutely horrid. This game comes out in July? Yikes.

antiloop

ThirdEye said:
Is the cut scene realtime? If so Mass Effect is far behind IMO.

I just thought the same thing. It could be with this kind of LOD.

Just imagine this engine in other games. Although 1080p seems overkill as I don't have a TV that supports it

veinkman

AltogetherAndrews said:
Absolutely horrid, eh? I bet it's also unforgivable, right?
Nothing about unforgivable. Just think that it looks like crap at this point in development. It used to look better, but that looks like the new trend in certain games these days.

Top Bottom