• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming burnout...help me explore

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Try visual novel, one of the better one I can recommend don steam is The Devil on G-String.

It is like reading a book, except you are playing a game, but you mostly reading, but it is a game.

Braid.

Life Is Strange.

Mario Galaxy 2 if you've still got a Wii or Wii U kicking around.

King's Quest remake. It's quite funny and narrated by Christopher Lloyd.

Sotha_Sil

So short and sweet thread...I have gotten burnt out from the common action/adventure game.
Replayed wolfenstein and it was a slog to replay even though I love it. Played uncharted. Don't want to play through games like evil within or the order again.

Please recommend some out of the box type games or possibly online coop type games. Thanks GAF

Going from that list of games, you might be looking for something more.... substantial.

It'll help if you have a PC. Fear not, most of these games will run on a toaster. Check out:

-Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (GOTY edition)
-Fallout: New Vegas
-Dark Souls
-The Witness
-Ori and the Blind Forest

HeeHo

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is blowing my mind after the extremely plain Tales of Zestiria.

I didn't expect it to be so much like Persona. I agree with whoever said to play a story rich game. Just make sure it's worth your time.

Stiler

What about narrative driven games?

Life is Strange, SOMA, Firewatch, Gone Home, etc. Definitely might be a nice change of pace if you're used to action-heavy games.

What about narrative driven games?

Life is Strange, SOMA, Firewatch, Gone Home, etc. Definitely might be a nice change of pace if you're used to action-heavy games.
Someone already suggested it, but Persona 4 Golden brings the feels in ways I hadn't known were possible outside of childhood/adolescence.

Top Bottom