• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/WH Rumor: Microsoft dropping basically all Xbox One DRM, announcement today

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
Now they need to drop the price, remove Kinect.

I wonder if the DRM stuff was going to help them fund those azure servers. Could they backpedal "The Cloud" too?

pargonta

this is an insane reversal... i mean all those comments last week, all the defense... crazy.

for me, microsoft both gains respect for doing the right thing, and loses respect for going against their vision.

a much happier future for this industry and artform i love so well, though.

cheers.

Krisprolls

Banned
Good, we can thank Sony for making them move, but even with all that I can't see myself buying one since :

- it's less powerful than PS4
- it's 100$ more expensive
- Kinect is forced upon us and it's watching (always connected)
- it's focused on sports and television and I only care about games, plus I live in Europe where most things outside games won't work anyway
- Live Gold has not enough value anymore compared to PS+
- they could start again with DRM crap any day since they already tried once

There's still a lot to fix to make it okay. But that's a good first step.

Gammacide

These guys spent YEARS developing their strategy and vision for XBox One and in a matter of weeks it was COMPLETELY DESTROYED because they were greedy fucking idiots who flew too close to the sun. When they realized they were crashing and burning falling back to earth they decide to change things 100%?? Stunning how they could get it THAT wrong.

As Robert Florence so eloquently put it on Twitter today, "Hey Xbox One. I changed my policy too. I thought you were evil pricks. I now think you are evil cowards." LOL

artist

Banned
Pretty sure that 10:1 pre-order spoke loudly than the gamers. Remember Spencer's comments? "There are all sorts of gamers, even unhappy ones"

Yeah.

Also wonder the rumor of Gamestop stopping the pre-orders for Xbone? Was it related?
True, but they haven't got a camera in the box. Give the generation 6 months, and this will become a significant issue for Sony.
That crystal balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom