• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox to honor late fan as an NPC in Borderlands 2

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This kind of thing always causes some salty discharge to appear. Fuck cancer.

Gong

I will be very proud to earn that achievement next week when I get my copy of Borderlands 2. Well played Gearbox *sniff*

moai

great story and awesome that they took the time to this.
of course the mourinho avatar guy has to be an idiot, fits it well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Friggin' RiccochetJ's ninjas are spreading everwhere.

tFtKZ.png

Tribute To A Vault Hunter (15 points) Achievement

I love it. Not only did the memorialize the fan, but they pretty much ensured everyone would see it since people (1) love achievements/trophies and (2) the npc in question offers good things if you keep visiting him.

KAOz

Short bus special
This is so awesome! Really nice of them. Incredible. A Borderlands 2 copy was allready secured in my world, since I love the first one, but this makes me want to support them even more.

Once again:

This .gif always bugs me. It's not supposed to be used in approval. Kane HATES the performance. HATES. He basically claps because he hates it. It's supposed to be used in disapproval.

Just a fun little fact there.

i already appreciated the existence of the character when he gave me some pretty choice pieces of loot, i put two and two together when i recalled seeing a thread title about gearbox and a fan.. may he rest in peace, it was nice of them to go this route, welll above and beyond.

U2NUMB

Fantastic story.. anyone know exactly what video it is under? That link in the OP goes to a list of them and it is hard to know which one to click on. I would love to see Randy's speech.

Marleyman

Banned
Big props to Gearbox for doing this. Got this last night actually but my buddy couldn't get it; Michael told him to come back another time.

Glix

This is so awesome! Really nice of them. Incredible. A Borderlands 2 copy was allready secured in my world, since I love the first one, but this makes me want to support them even more.

This .gif always bugs me. It's not supposed to be used in approval. Kane HATES the performance. HATES. He basically claps because he hates it. It's supposed to be used in disapproval.

Just a fun little fact there.

I think it's meant to be taken at face value. Without the context of the film, it seems like severe approval.

AlexBasch

Good god, I was hoping nobody on GAF would hate on this but I was mistaken.

ANYWAY.

Awesome props to Gearbox, I recall they did a special thing for a guy who asked his girlfriend to marry him or something? Awesome devs.

Top Bottom