• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

playing Gears 2 again at the weekend on 20xp week I forgot how shit the match making system is. Not being able to choose maps is weak.

chandoog said:
where's all the brown at ?
Kibbles said:
2qjj2xg.gif

the upper half of the gif

super hyped for this, hoping to get in on some gaf games when this launches

painey said:
playing Gears 2 again at the weekend on 20xp week I forgot how shit the match making system is. Not being able to choose maps is weak.
Nearly all matchmaking games on the 360 limit you to the next map played, personally I don't mind it as you end up playing games over all the maps instead of 50% of servers being one popular map.

Going the way of Reach's vote system would be stellar but epic had it hard enough with the current matchmaking system.

JB1981

The Gears 2 shotgun does have ridiculous range now but I feel like I have a much better chance of actually winning a shotgun duel now, so it all evens out. Game is better than ever, as well as the netcode

@painey: i just play social matches now. get into games instantly, no wait time.

bumpkin

JB1981 said:
The Gears 2 shotgun does have ridiculous range now but I feel like I have a much better chance of actually winning a shotgun duel now, so it all evens out. Game is better than ever, as well as the netcode

@painey: i just play social matches now. get into games instantly, no wait time.
Wait a sec... Is your gamertag the same as your name on here? If so, you infuriated me the other night in a match on Memorial. I kept ending up on the business end of your gnasher. :lol

JB1981

bumpkin said:
Wait a sec... Is your gamertag the same as your name on here? If so, you infuriated me the other night in a match on Memorial. I kept ending up on the business end of your gnasher. :lol

Nah, wasn't me. Gamertag on XBL is different than here. My shotty is very hit and miss lol

Ballistik

Gears of War 3 delayed until Fall 2011.
The headline says it all. We wanted you to hear it directly from us, so here’s the statement we just released to the media: "Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011. The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the spring of 2011. However, we’ve elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."

Yeah, we know—waiting’s a pain, especially for a game as eagerly anticipated as Gears of War 3. The teams at Epic and Microsoft Game Studios have done tremendous work and excited fans with huge new features and additions—an astounding four-player cooperative campaign, the groundbreaking new Beast mode, and breathtaking new visual effects, just to name a few.

But as Epic Games executive producer Rod Fergusson tells us, there’s plenty more to show before the game launches next holiday:

"I know fans are going to be disappointed with the new release date, but rest assured that this is a business decision between partners, and not a quality issue. Gears 3 was on track to be the most polished Gears of War game ever when it released in April, and this additional time allows us to polish it that much more before it hits shelves next fall. Next week we have a major multiplayer press visit at Epic HQ, and I'm really looking forward to the fans seeing and hearing about Gears 3 versus multiplayer for the first time. Lots more exciting news to come."
Keep your eyes on www.gearsofwar.com for all the latest updates on Gears of War 3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
surly said:

you bumped an ancient thread to the front page that is titled "Gears of War 3 April 2011".

make a new fucking thread.

surly

Banned
op_ivy said:
you bumped an ancient thread to the front page that is titled "Gears of War 3 April 2011".

make a new fucking thread.
Calm down angry kid. Someone can make a new thread or a mod can change the thread title.

PR:

Gears of War 3 Release Date Revealed!
LONDON – 23 February 2011 – Get your calendar out, get a pen, and mark the 20th September 2011 as the day when Gears of War 3, this year’s biggest blockbuster title, launches worldwide.
Gears of War 3 is the glorious conclusion to one of the most memorable sagas in video games’ history and this is a date you certainly don’t want to miss.

The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilisation, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.

Here is what else you can expect from 2011’s most highly anticipated game:

· An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
· Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
· New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
· New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
· New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!

DaBuddaDa

surly said:
Calm down angry kid. Someone can make a new thread or a mod can change the thread title.
In such a rush to be the FIRST to post news you neglected to think it through. It's ok, we've all done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom