• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Pre-order bonuses (Civilian Marcus, Tomorrow Anya, ...Zombie Dom!?)

aBarreras

I'm going to agree with him on this one. Dom's wife's death is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things Iv seen in a game.

The minute he starts raising the gun thats about twice the size as her head I fucking broke out in a roar of laughter.

that's what i gain from reading all the information about gears before playing gears 2 on launch day, i knew the struggle dom has suffered for 10 years, his dead kids, dead parents, dead brother.

for me it was a whim of hope on dom miserable's life, just to be crushed right away.

for me, it wasnt funny, neither was for dom

edit: also since i'm mexican i played the game dubbed, and the latin american dub , its fucking top noch, heart and soul poured into it, maybe thats why also had more impact on me

Ivan 3414

Disappointed Tomorrow Anya doesn't look as old as Marcus.

Tomorrow Anya is the Anya in the Gears 4 commercial. Both Marcus and Anya were were younger in this commercial and JD was a child(and adult in a future sequence)

That being said, I have serious doubts that there will be an "Old Woman Anya" skin. And if Anya is shown in the game at all I'm sure time will have been very generous to her.

aBarreras

$10 says Anya died prior to the game's events and her death is what caused a wedge between Marcus and JD.

JD went AWOL from the new cog for things we dont know yet, i dont think they are that mad at each other, JD just joined the outsiders because he is now a war criminal, like his father :)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I know its probably just an MP skin but if there were zombies in the campaign that would be... interesting?

Jobbs

Banned
I generally like the Gears games (this is partly nostalgia) but holy shit is the art design hideous when it comes to how men are rendered

it can't be said enough

blakep267

The reason why Dom killing his wife was so funny is becafunny se ether gun was huge and it was maybe kinda in humane. Like the bolt shot explodes locusts heads. He could've smothered her or stabbed her or something. Blowing her head off seems kinda op

Forsythia

lol, zombie Dom. His and Maria's death were so fucking dumb and cheesy. Both were some of the cringiest moments in gaming.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
$10 says Anya died prior to the game's events and her death is what caused a wedge between Marcus and JD.

From the stuff they have shown so far, I'm not seeing a wedgw other than JD not being home in ages. According to the press release for these pre-order skins, Marcus left the COG right after the last war was over, so just like JD and crew he isn't with the COG.

Tomorrow Anya is the Anya in the Gears 4 commercial. Both Marcus and Anya were were younger in this commercial and JD was a child(and adult in a future sequence)

That being said, I have serious doubts that there will be an "Old Woman Anya" skin. And if Anya is shown in the game at all I'm sure time will have been very generous to her.

Why not? Gears has already had an older lady in MP

LVvx03h.jpg

It was funny because Dom blasted Maria with a boltok pistol that gets the head explosion thing so he basically just blew her entire head up with a pistol that was the size of her head. An elegant coup de grace.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Unless you're jumping on the same recent train of thought that was criticising Overwatch before Ana came out, Gears 3 has Bernie. I see I was beaten to it above as well.

The reason why Dom killing his wife was so funny is becafunny se ether gun was huge and it was maybe kinda in humane. Like the bolt shot explodes locusts heads. He could've smothered her or stabbed her or something. Blowing her head off seems kinda op

A mercy killing is supported to be instant instead of the methods you mentioned - putting someone you care about our their misery by stabbing or suffocation to suffer even more? Okay.

Mifec

Or snapped her neck if he wanted her dead instantly.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The most dedicated Gears players probably already have codes for all the previous 4 Gears of war games...why do they keep giving them away?

Still gonna preorder for Tomorrow Anya...Civilian Anya was my go to in Gears 3.

P.S I really want a Gears of War 3 or Judgement code....sold my X360 editions same time i sold my X360 cuz no BC, then BC was announced.
:(

The most dedicated Gears players probably already have codes for all the previous 4 Gears of war games...why do they keep giving them away?

Still gonna preorder for Tomorrow Anya...Civilian Anya was my go to in Gears 3.

P.S I really want a Gears of War 3 or Judgement code....sold my X360 editions same time i sold my X360 cuz no BC, then BC was announced.
:(
LOL

You complain about MS giving away codes for Gears games and then ask for a code for Gears games.

jesu

It was funny because Dom blasted Maria with a boltok pistol that gets the head explosion thing so he basically just blew her entire head up with a pistol that was the size of her head. An elegant coup de grace.

That means no zombie Maria then :(

SMG

Zombie Dom just doesn't seem right to me...

Yeah. One one hand they will try and say their story is 'Deep(TM)' and 'Full Of Feelz(TM)' and on the other they will yuck it up about a scene in the last game that was meant to get us to give a shit.
When MK did this it felt more in-fitting with the wire fu movies they were aping.

krang

Yeah. One one hand they will try and say their story is 'Deep(TM)' and 'Full Of Feelz(TM)' and on the other they will yuck it up about a scene in the last game that was meant to get us to give a shit.

It's not like you'll be groaning your way through the campaign as Zombie Dom. MP and Horde have never meant to be part of lore or even serious.

Kazooie

Banned
For digital Xbox One users in the UK: keep an eye out on Waiki for cheap Xbox Live credit. Got £50 credit and a movie rental yesterday for £38.

£38 for Gears 1/2/3, Judgement and Gears 4. Plus the Gold skins and character skins. Really great deal.

Top Bottom