• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two orders shipped from AmiAmi back in 12/22.

One order is stuck in SF customs for 6 days and other one is still no show since leaving Japan.

What can do I about customs holding onto package?

How do you know it's in Customs, does the tracking website say that when you look it up? I have a SAL Registered order from around the same time but the last thing mine says is "left Tokyo"

hayejin

How do you know it's in Customs, does the tracking website say that when you look it up? I have a SAL Registered order from around the same time but the last thing mine says is "left Tokyo"

One order Parcel arrived in SF and been stuck for a week

Another SAL registered order much like yours has it say "left Tokyo" since 12/28. Not sure how long I have to wait before asking for refund

LiK

some Hot Toys arrived over the weekend

97553CAF-A187-45FF-ADF0-B062D6400549-11307-0000097C5E4EDC46.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
One order Parcel arrived in SF and been stuck for a week

Another SAL registered order much like yours has it say "left Tokyo" since 12/28. Not sure how long I have to wait before asking for refund
If they were sent on 12/22 by sal, then you have to keep waiting. That's not even long for sal at all. You can start panicking after a month, but 17 days isn't that long.

welp I canceled my order from kirin hobby for kurisu kotobukiya since there was no ETA outside of "atleast 1-2 months". Saw somebody put a used one up on sale on Myfigure and imma go there. 65+shipping no taxxxx yus

SUPARSTARX

They had Snake for discount on GoHastings. It was like $170 after discount or something.

I ordered the DX Luke Skywalker and just got it. It's preowned and there's a broken diorama with it. Pissed off at the moment because it doesn't say used or preowned on the site.

They had Snake for discount on GoHastings. It was like $170 after discount or something.

I ordered the DX Luke Skywalker and just got it. It's preowned and there's a broken diorama with it. Pissed off at the moment because it doesn't say used or preowned on the site.

Fuck now I'm almost glad I didnt order anything from that sale, what horse shit

fmpanda

After marathoning SAO im really glad I preordered the Kirito & Asuna figmas.
Wish they were releasing sooner though.

I'm kicking myself for not watching SAO sooner, as I missed out on Koto Asuna until landing a preorder spot recently.

I don't know if I could do any of the Alfheim versions of the characters though, but that may be due to my grrrrarghhhhness towards that arc.

I'm kicking myself for not watching SAO sooner, as I missed out on Koto Asuna until landing a preorder spot recently.

I don't know if I could do any of the Alfheim versions of the characters though, but that may be due to my grrrrarghhhhness towards that arc.

I preordered them as soon as they were up because for figmas Kirito is kind unique and Asuna has a nice design.
now after finally watching the show today im glad I had.
Yeah don't think I want Alfheim versions either.

cajunator

Banned
I've looked at some pictures and even I'd be tempted to get it.

But it's one thing for my family to see me receive a Nendoroid. I think it's a bit soon to suddenly be ordering something as big as UM.

CPHrC.jpg

Its a huge box but do you live with parents? I have all my stuff shipped to their place because its easy to go pick it up so the see all my shipments.
Mother was amazed at how big the box was.

Same problem here. Just that box is friggin' enormous! I would certainly buy her if I could solve the display problem.

Buy her and leave her in box u til you find space.
She will no doubt go up in value and it may get ridiculous if you wait too long.

How does everyone display their figures? I personally bought a display cabinet from IKEA a few years back and it's working fine for me. Granted, I have like no space left for anything so I just rotate......

I will take pics of my curio for you guys when I get home.
I did manage to fit Madoka in the curio along with the other four girls but it was really close.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Its a huge box but do you live with parents? I have all my stuff shipped to their place because its easy to go pick it up so the see all my shipments.
Mother was amazed at how big the box was.

Yeah I live at home with the parents since prices are high in London and the location is convenient.

While I think the figure is impressive it's a bit much for me at the moment. Also while I did enjoy the show, I didn't become a super fan of the show. Maybe I'll just get the Nendoroid version HA HA HA.

And to all you SAO fans, you should vote for it in the Anime of the Year thread. It needs you support!

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I live at home with the parents since prices are high in London and the location is convenient.

While I think the figure is impressive it's a bit much for me at the moment. Also while I did enjoy the show, I didn't become a super fan of the show. Maybe I'll just get the Nendoroid version HA HA HA.

And to all you SAO fans, you should vote for it in the Anime of the Year thread. It needs you support!

You just want Kayos to eat his hat.

Buy her and leave her in box u til you find space.
She will no doubt go up in value and it may get ridiculous if you wait too long.

I was actually thinking the same, though after getting the Alter Ui you linked me to (and thanks again for that, btw) I've blown through my figure budget for the month. If I can get my taxes done soon-ish then that's probably where it will go.

Nothing wrong with the nendo version...that's what I'm getting.
And that's not just me trying to justify cheaping out lol

As much as I would like to vote for SAO
for kayos hat-eating purposes
I can't in good conscience put it on the list.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finished painting this dude the other day. Some issues with the topcoat eating the paint, but I'm int he process of fixing that. I'll be repainting the legs and putting a coat of future on him.

After I finalize Mega Man and his process, I'll work on the REX or Proto Man. I want to do a small diorama for Mega Man and Proto Man (action shot!).

FOR SIZE! said:
Snapfit the kit:
9B0C19C3-85EF-4B67-AE38-01CB802C7089-6981-0000042C2965DD1D.jpg

Painted:
AFB74528-C998-47C4-B73F-84D26F00816E-17092-00000A754FDE4D9A.jpg

LiK

Bambaland REX shipping update. Finally~

MGS REX shipping update

I mentioned back in December, that we plan to send all MGS REX orders (Bambalandstore and remaining retail batches) before Chinese New Year (first week of February 2013). Few hours ago, I received final confirmation that all MGS REX Bambalandstore orders are starting to roll out.
Batch of Bambalandstore REX order to United States customers is already on the way (sent by boat) and other batches are starting shipping out next week.
If you need tracking number of your REX, please send an email with your order number to cs@threeaonline.com next week and once it enters the shipping system, they will get back to you.
Thank you so much for your patience during the extra REX wait and sorry if it sucked some fun of your upcoming REX experience. Extra wait issue aside – I think it’s one awesome 1:48th REX model and I was glued to REX display at Re-Venture and loved REX photos in all the reviews. It’s the most complicated & detailed figure of such scale, we ever produced yet (wait when RAY comes though) and we wanted to make it flawless and gave it a lot of extra love, care and attention. Huge thanks to KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS and all Metal Gear Solid fans for the support!

I received my Bakemonogatari figmas today,
I like all of them but Hanekawa not including an alternate white hair cat head is a major disappointment.
Especially considering the other head accessories she did have.

cajunator

Banned
updated my curio. This is how it is now. Extremely crowded with recent additions. Will have to take some of the older figurines out and leave them exposed to dust again :(

Senjougahara, Momohime, Millhiore F Biscotti, Lala Satalin Deviluke, Merry Nightmare, XiaoMei
K63v4.jpg

Stocking, Hatsune Miku, Elsie De Lute Irma, Saber Lily
rKmvp.jpg

Sakura 'Penguin' Nankyoku, Dark Magician girl, Kaname Madoka, Tsubasa Hanekawa, Popura Taneshima, Ika Musume, Yamada, Ruri Gokou/Kuroneko
Gpv61.jpg

Miki Sayaka, Ultimate Madoka, Akemi Homura, Mami Tomoe, Kyoko Sakura
zC9xS.jpg

Aoba Tsugumi, Michelle, Anita, Maggie, Holo, Ruri Gokou, Izumi Sawatari, Hazuki, Millfeuille Sakuraba
hhzpy.jpg

The whole curio.
cAglS.jpg

Charles Dunois bunnygirl again :D
BCI7C.jpg

BadWolf

Finished painting this dude the other day. Some issues with the topcoat eating the paint, but I'm int he process of fixing that. I'll be repainting the legs and putting a coat of future on him.

After I finalize Mega Man and his process, I'll work on the REX or Proto Man. I want to do a small diorama for Mega Man and Proto Man (action shot!).

I'd never have the balls to color something like that lol, great job. Looks nice and clean.

updated my curio. This is how it is now. Extremely crowded with recent additions. Will have to take some of the older figurines out and leave them exposed to dust again :(

That is one sweet collection you have there.

I would have figured you'd have Madoka higher up on the thing. Though it doesn't really matter to me, I just have my figures on my desk. I don't have that many anyways.
Nice stuff!

cajunator

Banned
I would have figured you'd have Madoka higher up on the thing. Though it doesn't really matter to me, I just have my figures on my desk. I don't have that many anyways.
Nice stuff!

Thats really the only place in the curio that fits. the top shelf light hangs too low. the other shelves are spaces wrong. Thats the ideal place for her.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, you mean there's more? :D

Pics!!!

couple of artbooks, a few bookcases of anime, several more figures outside the Curio including a big Kyubey, lots of wallscrolls, posters, Newtype pinups and magazines, and my gaming stuff. typical anime fan nerd stuff everywhere. Its my cozy little fancave.

couple of artbooks, a few bookcases of anime, several more figures outside the Curio including a big Kyubey, lots of wallscrolls, posters, Newtype pinups and magazines, and my gaming stuff. typical anime fan nerd stuff everywhere. Its my cozy little fancave.

You good sir, are my hero.

cajunator

Banned
You good sir, are my hero.

Ill post pictures of stuff later. Have to go to work.
The way I see it, theres no harm in spending money on what you love as long as you can afford to. I work 84 hours in a week on my on week, so you better believe Im going to enjoy the hell out of my off time as well as some of the money I make.

So NECA Django Unchained figures are being pulled from some stores and theres a boycott or something against them. Wonder if NECA will pull them completely and if these could end up being worth something if they do...

Ill post pictures of stuff later. Have to go to work.
The way I see it, theres no harm in spending money on what you love as long as you can afford to. I work 84 hours in a week on my on week, so you better believe Im going to enjoy the hell out of my off time as well as some of the money I make.

Awesome philosophy. I used to buy a lot more when I didn't have car bills and shit to pay. Now? I can only afford like maybe one or two figures a year if I'm lucky :X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom