• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the Mega Man figure. I was shocked by the size at first, but the scale actually works when you remember that Mega Man is only around four feet tall. I do wish it was more posable, but I've been able to get him into some pretty decent action poses.

I actually like the Mega Man figure. I was shocked by the size at first, but the scale actually works when you remember that Mega Man is only around four feet tall. I do wish it was more posable, but I've been able to get him into some pretty decent action poses.

I agree, it's not bad. I'm disappointed but don't regret it. I've been spoiled by the Figmas and their poseability, but it's still Mega Man. They released photos of D-Arts Treble and Bass which I'll probably skip; was never a fan of the two of them, but here's to hoping for some classic Robot Masters.

side note: I think it was Mega Man 8, but the terrible english dub was calling him Bass, like the fish, rather than Bass, like the sound. My young self didn't question it even though it's obviously wrong, but now in my head I always call him Bass like the fish. *shakes fist*

O god...what have I done. I bought Solange 2p from ebay for 140 (incl shipping)...

99017.jpg

I caved in and ordered the Jaina Solo bishoujo figure from Amazon yesterday...rather than trying to attempt to explain the whole EU thing if peeps ever ask about it I'll just say it's anime Leia with a haircut dressing up as Luke lol

Got this in December, it's a great figure!

I had to use a hairdryer to get the upper torso to lock in place correctly though, had to be brave.

1.jpg

Cheska

Speaking of Persona figures, if anybody wants Kotobukiya's Akihiko, I just bought him for $78.41 shipped and there's a bunch more left from an Italian seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Persona-3-Sanada-Akihiko-1-10-Pvc-Statue-KOTOBUKIYA-/330789596271
There's no reports of this guy being bootlegged, looks like it might be some German/Italian store cleaning out old inventory.

I've never seen this guy pop up on mandarake or amiami's preowned, and his US ebay prices are ridonculous, so I ordered him right away. It really sucks he's not to scale to Mitsuru though. Instead they made him to be paired up with the P3 MC which I will never own because he sells for 10-15,000 if he even pops up on mandarake.

I always worry about fakes when I order from someone on ebay. How do you know that the product is legit and not a knock off? Would love Akihiko myself.

johnsmith

remember me
I always worry about fakes when I order from someone on ebay. How do you know that the product is legit and not a knock off? Would love Akihiko myself.

Well first I check to see of mfc has it listed as having been counterfeited. This figure is not.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1761

Then I check where the seller is based. Anything in China is a red flag. Also I don't think this figure was popular enough to bootleg. The 2nd hand value on Mandarake isn't that high. Also it's a dude, and its not a nendoroid or figma. And the price is decent, but not super cheap. I won't know until I get it, but I'm not too worried.

Cheska

Well first I check to see of mfc has it listed as having been counterfeited. This figure is not.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1761

Then I check where the seller is based. Anything in China is a red flag. Also I don't think this figure was popular enough to bootleg. The 2nd hand value on Mandarake isn't that high. Also it's a dude, and its not a nendoroid or figma. And the price is decent, but not super cheap. I won't know until I get it, but I'm not too worried.

Thank you! I'll probably be picking one up then. Here's my arrival for the day:

A47545F3-95A2-4AEE-BC7B-F626485FD08E-11537-000007A99EAAA127.jpg

OMG... I want the white one though. I have the 3DS game. It's pretty fun!

I like the black one will see how it is. I'm scared because EMPTY is a new maker and I heard one report of a broken leg... not sure if its user fault tho.

I should be "done" with figures (I know I said this multiple times). I beg to god that Kotobukiya doesn't release any new figures outside xiaoyu/chunli/cammy.

D-Arts Rockman

rockman001-1_zpsc9cfa417.jpg

rockman002-1_zps55177ca3.jpg

rockman003-1_zpsb42f49f2.jpg

rockman004-1_zps3ee38165.jpg

pretty cool.

Amiami updated with stuff some of you guys might be interested in

Preowned P4 Rise - Wave version
5580 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0799-R002&page=top

Preowned Catherine - Max Factory
5580 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-4062-R002&page=top

Would get the catherine but I saw the hair color in the retail version...I gotta pass for now =(.

Does anybody have Alisa (tekken) from Kotobukiya? Is she worth 75 bucks for the SDCC recolor?

Jayhawk

I bought the pre-owned Rise figure from Amiami linked by johnsmith. I forget to check Amiami's pre-owned section, even though I've been regularly checking mandarake for stuff now. Thanks for heads up on the Rise figure, johnsmith!

Giolon

Got this in December, it's a great figure!

I had to use a hairdryer to get the upper torso to lock in place correctly though, had to be brave.

1.jpg

It's still not quite in there. Her left side is still not tucked underneath her jumper. You've still got a gap. Get the hair dryer back out (I actually prefer warm water).

See mine:
Jaina1.jpg
Jaina3.jpg

Bonus portrait (I love this figure!):
Jaina2.jpg

LiK

BBTS markup is silly. HLJ orders are still going, and maybe it'll be like Vector Cannon and amiami will take more orders after a little while. And not being American breaks any savings ordering from a non-overseas retailer might make anyway.

I got an order in at HLJ so it's all good, but it was still quick.

i always order with EMS or FedEx so the shipping adds up to about the same either way.

That is an amazing figure, interesting that it's no the default color scheme. Did they do one for every one of the alt colors?

I would COMPLETELY buy one of Ali.

apparently it was very limited. Made to order and only 2 colors.

So nobody has any opinion on the Alisa (koto) piece?

I'm now eye-ing
but im not sold yet due to the face. Something about it for now.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm now eye-ing but im not sold yet due to the face. Something about it for now.

I have her, though I haven't taken her out of the box. Never played the game, but I love the design. Nice figure, with her sword she's over a foot tall. She pops up on mandarake often for about 5,000 yen.

If anybody's interested in Persona 2 Lisa Silverman figure Playmoya has her for 4,621 yen.
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-2-innocent-sin-lisa-silverman-pvc-figure-p-54368.html
Ordered her for 5,000 yen off mandarake 4 weeks ago and still haven't received her.

If you're not in a hurry I'd hold off for one on mandarake. Search for アリサ・イリーニチナ・アミエーラ
There's one for 4000 yen but it seems to be damaged. Unopened ones pop up for 5,000 often.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-875994.html

hmm I'll take your word and hopefully you're right!

so in the past 2 months I've order 5 figures, and have 4 preordered. >_>

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Latest two Bishoujos I got last week. Black Widow is OK, I guess. Would not have bothered for full price. Like the Huntress figure.

MtXdHl.jpg

2v2vhl.jpg

Still waiting on Powergirl. Anime Island is slooooooooooooooow.

SUPARSTARX

Got my POP Nami Crimin Ver. and the Beach Queens Risette and Yukiko. Beach Queens sculpts don't look as bad as people say.

8386413974_f86e99cd55_b.jpg

I only have enough desk room to squeeze in Nami so I will keep the Beach Queens boxed for now! :(

Is there no way to cancel an AmiAmi pre-order?

Q. Can you cancel my order/part of my order?

A. AmiAmi generally does not accept order cancellations. Please only place orders for items you intend on purchasing.
Q. I don't want my order anymore but someone else does. Can I give them my order?

A. Orders may not be transferred. Any attempts to do so may result in all orders being canceled and/or permanent account closure of all involved accounts.
Q. Can you extend my payment deadline?

A. All orders must be paid for within 7 days after payment request. We kindly ask that all customers pay for their order within the stated payment period. All unpaid orders will be canceled and any items contained within will be ineligible to be re-ordered at our store. Please note that any orders that have gone past the stated 7-day payment period are no longer guaranteed and the items contained therein may be offered to other customers or moved to their orders without notice.
Q. Is it possible to have ordering privileges revoked or my account suspended?

A. Yes. While this is an absolute last resort in cases where we receive a large number of cancellations (either by customer request or due to non-payment) from a customer, we will first send several reminder notices and warnings in regards to our store's ordering policies. If the situation does not improve, we will be left with no other recourse but to close that account and will be unable to accept any further orders. Please note that other violations of our store policies, such as our purchase limit or multi-account policy, may also lead to account closure.
Yeaaaa... you might be stuck with it =/, probs best to try the "Contact us" and fill the form =S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom