• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also ordered this.. because Yoshizawa Mitsumasa

tumblr_mnt1axJJld1qh4sq2o1_500.jpg

chrono01

What time roughly do amiami's orders go up? I don't want to risk misisng her :(
They usually update at around 8-9PM [PST]. She shouldn't sell out "too" fast, considering Max Factory usually has a pretty decent amount of stock, but I'll definitely pre-order as soon as she goes up.

Her being as popular as she is definitely increases the chances of her selling out early-on, but as long as you pre-order tonight you should be fine. I'm not taking any chances though!

*gets F5 key ready*

To be honest...this might be the first time I order two of a figure. I love Tharja that much, and would like a "back-up" for the future in-case anything happens to my current one on display. Knowing Max Factory, she will never get a re-release, and this one will definitely increase in value on the aftermarket [and quite quickly, I'm guessing]. If you want a replacement, pre-ordering one before release is definitely advisable.

I don't even know from where that character is, but I think I am inclined to buy it, as long as the price is reasonable.

Any idea on price / when it would be available for pre-order?
Not at this time. :(

Kotobukiya sometimes does "surprise" pre-orders, with some going up without indication [even re-releases of some]. The fact that so many Kotobukiya figures sell out within hours [sometimes shorter], makes this a stressful experience. AmiAmi usually staggers Kotobukiya pre-orders, though, offering batches up for a few nights after initial pre-order until they finally sell out.

There's always the Kotobukiya USA site if you miss out on Japanese pre-orders, they should have her. Although I still go for Japanese sites since I'm usually already ordering items and I like to have the shipments combined.

Torraz

They usually update at around 8-9PM [PST]. She shouldn't sell out "too" fast, considering Max Factory usually has a pretty decent amount of stock, but I'll definitely pre-order as soon as she goes up.

Her being as popular as she is definitely increases the chances of her selling out early-on, but as long as you pre-order tonight you should be fine. I'm not taking any chances though!

*gets F5 key ready*

To be honest...this might be the first time I order two of a figure. I love Tharja that much, and would like a "back-up" for the future in-case anything happens to my current one on display. Knowing Max Factory, she will never get a re-release, and this one will definitely increase in value on the aftermarket [and quite quickly, I'm guessing]. If you want a replacement, pre-ordering one before release is definitely advisable.

Kotobukiya sometimes does "surprise" pre-orders, with some going up without indication [even re-releases of some]. The fact that so many Kotobukiya figures sell out within hours [sometimes shorter], makes this a stressful experience. AmiAmi usually staggers Kotobukiya pre-orders, though, offering batches up for a few nights after initial pre-order until they finally sell out.

There's always the Kotobukiya USA site if you miss out on Japanese pre-orders, they should have her. Although I still go for Japanese sites since I'm usually already ordering items and I like to have the shipments combined.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I'm anticipating Tharja cause one of my favourite series is finally getting a good quality figure =D, I hope her release goes well and there'll be more to come.
I'm surprised about no new Nintendo D-Arts showing up past the Animal Crossing one.

cough ahem right here make this one
Donkey_Kong_and_Dixie_Kong_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
You meant Neodoroid =P and the villager (male or female) will work well lol.

If there are D-Arts I want Captain Falcon with his Blue Falcon or Fox McCloud with an Arwing, my dream is for an official Arwing model lol

Just amiami? I mean there are lots of popular sites people use,

amiami, bio boutique, nippon-yassan, hobby japan, hobby search etc etc.

I'm asking, is all. I'm betting she'll sell out before the end of the week. EVERYWHERE. Play-Asia doesn't count, because those motherfuckers are scalpers. You guys are underestimating the demand for her like Nintendo underestimated the demand for Fire Emblem: Awakening in the States.

New to these kind of bets, but i'd be up for it. Sounds like fun;).

Who decides on the avatar?
Hmmmm should it be embarrassing or normal? As long as it's safe for work XD. Will probs discuss about it before being made to use it lol

I'm asking, is all. I'm betting she'll sell out before the end of the week. EVERYWHERE. Play-Asia doesn't count, because those motherfuckers are scalpers. You guys are underestimating the demand for her like Nintendo underestimated the demand for Fire Emblem: Awakening in the States.
Yeah won't count on them or eBay, probs should choose the major places...

And yes I also believe it's popular as well but reckon it be a week or two before selling out.

Edit: Quick google, these images made into avatar might work XD, waaaay off one gets the freakiest looking one I let you guys decide which one it is =p

Helloween

*gets F5 key ready*

Perfect, thanks a ton dude. That helps a lot :)

Sorry, I'm new to collecting figures.

How do you know it'll be up at 6am uk time?

Was just a rough guess, normally new ones are out when i get up for woork :)

Bombless

^^Pretty awesome. Happy about it as I have the Cobra/Lady figmas ordered and there's a few extra accessories for Cobra's psychogun that require a separate stand. That probably means it will come with it!

Bombless

Figure Models OT : Support group for serial spenders ?

Edit : Figure Models OT - I have a fever and the only cure is buying more figures!

Edit 2 : Figure Models OT - Spending money never felt so...tangible.

chrono01

Anybody have suggestions for the new thread name?

Figure GAF |OT| "Where has all of my money gone?"

Figure GAF |OT| Where we exchange hard-earned money for pieces of plastic...and like it!

Figure GAF |OT| I love the smell of PVC in the morning!

Figure GAF |OT| It's not a "waste of money", it's art!

Figure GAF |OT| Where the box is just as much a collectible as the figure.

Figure GAF |OT| The first step is admitting you have a problem...the second is buying more figures!

Just a few I thought of. I'll post more later [if anything else comes to mind].

Chronoexe

Figure GAF |OT| - Where we exchange hard-earned money for pieces of plastic...and like it!

Figure GAF |OT| - Where the box is just as much a collectible as the figure.

Figure GAF |OT| - The first step is admitting you have a problem...the second is buying more figures!

I like these 3.

Giolon

Figure GAF |OT| "Where has all of my money gone?"

Figure GAF |OT| Where we exchange hard-earned money for pieces of plastic...and like it!

Figure GAF |OT| It's not a "waste of money", it's art!

Figure GAF |OT| The first step is admitting you have a problem...the second is buying more figures!

These are good.

chrono01

The price for Tharja is supposedly 10,800 yen without store discount. Release is scheduled for December.

Depending on how much the stores offer, my earlier estimate seems to be more-or-less accurate. :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The price for Tharja is supposedly 10,800 yen without store discount. Release is scheduled for December.

Depending on how much the stores offer, my earlier estimate seems to be more-or-less accurate. :)

Damn, that's more than I was hoping for. Will still buy it though.

chrono01

Damn, that's more than I was hoping for. Will still buy it though.
Don't worry, you can likely knock a good 1,000-2,000 yen off of that if the stores offer a pretty good discount.

I still think the 7,500-9,000 yen range is where she'll sit, but we won't know for sure until the sites list her.

They seem to be taking their time. :(

Motherfucker!

Eh. December. Junko is the only other figure I've got coming out then. Fuck it, I'm in. But if AmiAmi is pulling that 6% off horseshit again, I'm going HLJ.

Bombless

Motherf...too late. Oh well, I wasn't going to let any price deter me. ANY PRICE, YOU HEAR?

December is good. Bring on the preorders.

edit : HobbySearch put up their preorders, she's not in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom