• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce Now - Cloud vs. Local save

Cyberpunkd

Was thinking about trying GFN. I game primarily on a Steam Deck, and I know the service uses your library i.e. the games you own. How do the saves work? Is it a regular Steam save meaning no matter what device I access the game, whether it is local vs. cloud I have access to the same progression?

Yes, NVIDIA stores your saved games on the GeForce NOW servers using your NVIDIA Account and also syncs your saved games to your digital store account so that your progress and achievements will be synchronized with other gaming PCs.

Note: You must have the cloud sync enabled on each game and digital stores for cloud saves to work.

I signed up for a free trial a few days ago and tried to stream a game. First, got a "speed too low" warning which shouldn't be true, but it allowed to to proceed anyway. Then to stream a game, I was put in a queue of 60+ gamers which eventually changed 40+, but then it hung there for way too long before i lost interest. Maybe it was a busy time of day, but I might retry later. Not a fan of having to use chrome browser on steamdeck tho.

Fahdis

Was thinking about trying GFN. I game primarily on a Steam Deck, and I know the service uses your library i.e. the games you own. How do the saves work? Is it a regular Steam save meaning no matter what device I access the game, whether it is local vs. cloud I have access to the same progression?

Yes. Its synced to the cloud on both steam and nvidia servers. Geforce Now is the best.

Top Bottom