• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gematsu] Hotline Miami 1 & 2 might be getting a current-gen release

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

shaddam

Crossbuy? They are vita/ps3/ps4 games. Other than retro city rampage I cant say more tripple console crossbuy games

Puscifer

They definitely said that HLM2 was the end of the series. But where the fuck is Dennaton’s next game???
From my understanding the next game is a passion project and I'm sure with all the money they made from HL 1 and 2 I'd take my sweet ass time making whatever came next as well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean ok .. but like what could they possibly improve that you wouldn't have had from BC versions.

It's not like they're gonna add RT to it.

bender

What time is it?
I mean ok .. but like what could they possibly improve that you wouldn't have had from BC versions.

It's not like they're gonna add RT to it.

Bump it to the front of the line for new releases to gain some new exposure. Maybe they'll add new haptics.

K2D

Banned
As much as I loved playing through these, I'd rather wait for a Hotline Miami 3. This game would do great with a rogue like mode..!

NinjaBoiX

Oh man, I loved the first one! Even though I sucked at it, 😅

Such a neat concept and cool execution (so to speak).
Where the FUCK is Hotline Miami 3?
No idea, could basically be a map pack and folk would be happy. And you’ve got to imagine it’s fairly simple to just pump out a few more levels given how “basic” they are? Not a slight by the way, just an observation.

I can only assume they just didn’t want to make any more?
As much as I loved playing through these, I'd rather wait for a Hotline Miami 3. This game would do great with a rogue like mode..!
Or even this! Although it was probably the enemy placement rather than the actual levels that required some finesse, not sure how well that would play with procedural generation.

Last edited:
Games are great! I'm happy we finally have hardware that can run it properly, those textures and blood splatters are real GPU hogs...

Hotline Miami was nice, but it definitely could have used a bit more polish as far as glitches and whatnot are concerned. Hopefully that's cleared up if it does get released.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Depending on what it adds to these two I’m down to replay again. Still the best indie games ever made.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Why does it need a current Gen release when it has that retro style that doesn't need current Gen anything?

I'm sure your iPhone 3G brought to you by AT&T can run this fine.

Last edited:
I will buy anything Dennaton puts out. And no sequel please, the games stand on their own and are perfect. That being said I wish they'd make something new.

Top Bottom