• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 1 + 2 | Now Available on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S

The iconic Hotline Miami series arrives on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S!

Hotline Miami is a high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat. Set in an alternative 1989 Miami, you will assume the role of a mysterious antihero on a murderous rampage against the shady underworld at the behest of voices on your answering machine.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is the brutal conclusion to the Hotline Miami saga, set against a backdrop of escalating violence and retribution over spilled blood in the original game. Follow the paths of several distinct factions – each with their own questionable methods and uncertain motivations – as unforeseen consequences intersect and reality once again slips back into a brilliant haze of neon and bloodshed.

Free upgrade for existing owners!

Last edited:
Buy it for the soundtracks...

old man dancing GIF by Epitaph Records

Stay for the violence. I don't remember if I've ever beaten either, but they are great games if you are in the mood.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
PS5 versions utilize the dualsense and there are new trophy/cheevo lists for each

and 4K (not like it'd really be noticeable with this artstyle)

Last edited:
The extra second or two delay when you restart after death in the PS5 version is infuriating, exacerbated by the fact that I think it gets progressively worse as you continue. I suspect this is yet another glorious bonus feature thanks to Unity.

xrnzaaas

I'm going to destroy my controllers, but it's worth it. Nice to offer a free upgrade for existing owners.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

This!

Also- rdr2 and MAFIA REMAKE! Mafia came out late August of '20 ...that's really shitty of them not to update it considering consoles came out what, 1 month later?
2K seems to have abandoned that release completely. Which is a shame because it was a very good remake which remarkably stayed faithful to the original in terms of story or mission structure (and no open world stuff).

Naked Lunch

Free upgrades dont happen often in this day and age.
I bought it on PS3 back in the day and XB1 years later.
Was neat to see it updating on my Series X the other day - no clue it was due for a release.

I vastly prefer the 1st Hotline over 2 - but both are still fun, if flawed, games.
I really like the trippy story of the 1st game and all the little hidden details in the interlude levels.
This game always reminded me of a jacked up NES Mission Impossible remix.

Last edited:

Futurematic

Wait I just own the first one not both, no free upgrade? Bummer.

(Edit: I downloaded my copy and it’s still PS4 no way to make it PS5. Shrug. Well I suppose I did mean to play the sequel.)

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Wait I just own the first one not both, no free upgrade? Bummer.

(Edit: I downloaded my copy and it’s still PS4 no way to make it PS5. Shrug. Well I suppose I did mean to play the sequel.)

No. Free upgrade still. I only own hotline miami 1.

The extra second or two delay when you restart after death in the PS5 version is infuriating, exacerbated by the fact that I think it gets progressively worse as you continue. I suspect this is yet another glorious bonus feature thanks to Unity.

It's awful isn't it.

Raven117

this would definitely affect the cadence and rythmn of the game. And that game relies HEAVILY on that

Top Bottom