• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GEOFF CRYING: Metal Gear Solid Rising VGA Trailer Leaked [TTP says hi]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Bayonetta was 60 though and the combat in Rising due to its nature is closer in line to Bayonetta's.

I have more of a problem with some of the animations.

Any word on a PC or WiiU version? This game needs to be played in 1080p & 60fps. I know there are people upset about this, but I think it looks great. Between this, NG3 and Devil's Third, 2012 is going to be a great year for action fans.

Karkador

Banned
Nlqo9.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd totally buy this. MGS finally became interesting to me. :p

GQman2121

Banned
As I'm sure has been stated, the corn meter is off the charts with this trailer and the music certainly didn't help. However, that is exactly what Platinum do, so I suppose it's expected.

Depending on your tastes, the guitar riffs that play during the end are either absurdly awesome or ridiculous.

MGRising.gif

Irish

Action game fans say, "Wow! You guys are all whinebabies! You just can't handle change."
Hey, I wonder what's going on in that latest DmC thread... oh... :p just playin' (Yes, iMad)

As I'm sure has been stated, the corn meter is off the charts with this trailer and the music certainly didn't help. However, that is exactly what Platinum do, so I suppose it's expected.

Depending on your tastes, the guitar riffs that play during the end are either absurdly awesome or ridiculous.

MGRising.gif

All I thought of is this when I saw that part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98 (I am in the awesome category if you can't figure it out!)

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
DmC also comes out in 2012....

I'm a sucker for Japanese action games. Last I saw DmC was looking better than I was expecting but I still think it's a genre that Japanese devs excel at. That's not to say games like God of War or DmC aren't good, but I just feel they aren't quite up to the level of directors like Kamiya and Itagaki. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

Action game fans say, "Wow! You guys are all whinebabies! You just can't handle change."
Hey, I wonder what's going on in that latest DmC thread... oh... :p just playin' (Yes, iMad)

I thought about that too. I think the difference is that few people here like Ninja Theory's style of action-adventure games more than "traditional" action games like DMC, so when it turned out that we were getting a Ninja Theory game in place of an actual Devil May Cry game, people got disappointed.

With this, we knew from the start that we weren't getting a normal Metal Gear game, so it turning out like this isn't as big of a blow. Plus, a lot of people here love Platinum Games' games and style, so to their fans, this could be seen as a step up.

gunbo13

Shit, we've been found out.
I'm a sucker for Japanese action games. Last I saw DmC was looking better than I was expecting but I still think it's a genre that Japanese devs excel at. That's not to say games like God of War or DmC aren't good, but I just feel they aren't quite up to the level of directors like Kamiya and Itagaki. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.
Companies with fighting game design backgrounds. Capcom, Tecmo, and PG (via past employment).

Zen

Banned
Honestly it looked pretty... dumb. I was hoping they'd continue to go in a Batman Arkum Asylum "predatory stealth" with action combat direction instead of a pretty... 2 dimensional action game.

Might be the first mainline MG game I pass on, especially since the story is now all but confirmed to be pretty much non existent (MGS4 had too much story, but what Kojima productions showed of Rising was much better than this and probably would have been a better game overall if they could have executed on the concept.

Character designs? Worse by a landslide
Action? Better than what we saw of the original MGSRising... but the original Rising seemed to be a much better balanced product that was about mixing action with stealth such.
Voicework Holy shit worse
Gameplay? eh... it look very combo heavy and just flat out simple.

Whatever. It's not even that it's not what i want out of Metal Gear, it's just that it doesn't look like a good game on its own merits.

CamHostage

I'm kind of OK with this in the "I'm OK with AC!D" series in that it's totally separate from the MGS games we know of (glad they finally changed the name, that always bugged me.) Metal Gear has room for multiple game concepts and spinoffs (sad that they got so stuck on Snake, MG:GB and Acid could have been more well-regarded if they were possibly canon instead of imaginary sidestories,) if they want to do an all-action game then so be it.

...But, this doesn't look like a good game even if it weren't Metal Gear.

Even the gloriously ridiculous Ninja Gaiden didn't take 99 sword-slashes to take down a standard-looking soldier (it was the other guys that looked like black-Lobot, not the PMCs or whatever, that had abilities according to the clip.) And the movement looks meh, and something seemed really unbalanced between the generic troopers and setting but then the insane wire-fu antics, MGS4 trailers always showed a believable balance between absurd and realistic. It's just one trailer, maybe it'll be something else when we see more footage or a demo, but I'm not very impressed by what I see.

(I also agree with previous posts, the watermelon footage and concept that it'd mix stealth and swordplay with environmental tactics seemed more appealing than what I'm understanding of this version of the game so far. This trailer shows nothing but standard combo-heavy hack-and-slash, and if there's not more to it than that, I have other good options already for just that.)

Xun

I sure hope it dosent. There's really no need to and is what Raiden was found during 2 and 4 really need to be known beyond a few sentences?
Yeah I hope so too.

I know MGS can be a bit crazy, but this is in Bayonetta levels of crazy.

Still, it looks fun!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Honestly it looked pretty... dumb. I was hoping they'd continue to go in a Batman Arkum Asylum "predatory stealth" with action combat direction instead of a pretty... 2 dimensional action game.

Might be the first mainline MG game I pass on, especially since the story is now all but confirmed to be pretty much non existent (MGS4 had too much story, but what Kojima productions showed of Rising was much better than this and probably would have been a better game overall if they could have executed on the concept.

Character designs? Worse by a landslide
Action? Better than what we saw of the original MGSRising... but the original Rising seemed to be a much better balanced product that was about mixing action with stealth such.
Voicework Holy shit worse
Gameplay? eh... it look very combo heavy and just flat out simple.

Whatever. It's not even that it's not what i want out of Metal Gear, it's just that it doesn't look like a good game on its own merits.

Didn't Kojima just say that there would be a MGS5? I'm sure there will be another stealth game in the future.

Zen

Banned
Didn't Kojima just say that there would be a MGS5? I'm sure there will be another stealth game in the future.

That doesn't make having to wait even more years for it any better. I guess the only upside for me is that having Platinum do Rising means that Kojima Productions was freed up to get to work on MGS5 sooner. It's really disappointing that they weren't able to make Rising and fulfill their ambitions.

Korigama

Any word on a PC or WiiU version? This game needs to be played in 1080p & 60fps. I know there are people upset about this, but I think it looks great. Between this, NG3 and Devil's Third, 2012 is going to be a great year for action fans.
Devil's Third isn't due out until 2013.

Platinum Games needs to go out of business. Seriously this is yet another Japenese game trying to hard to impress people with faux-bad ass action. Do any of these guys understand what made the original MGS, DMC, and Ninja Gaiden good? None of them were as over the top and stupid as this looks. Its like Metroid: Other M all over again.

Carbonox

Platinum Games needs to go out of business. Seriously this is yet another Japenese game trying to hard to impress people with faux-bad ass action. Do any of these guys understand what made the original MGS, DMC, and Ninja Gaiden good? None of them were as over the top and stupid as this looks.

Backpacks_thrown.gif

jett

D-Member
Platinum Games needs to go out of business. Seriously this is yet another Japenese game trying to hard to impress people with faux-bad ass action. Do any of these guys understand what made the original MGS, DMC, and Ninja Gaiden good? None of them were as over the top and stupid as this looks. Its like Metroid: Other M all over again.

no u

Einbroch

Banned

:loooooool

I almost bought it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Err.... Isn't DMC over the top too?

DIERn.gif

Kydd BlaZe

Finally watched the trailer. This looks ridiculously awesome and hilariously awful at the same time. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom