• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany:Demand for PS4 is x6 higher than for the second most popular console the WiiU

AmFreak

PS4 sales versus Wii U sales during the month in question. Likely July.

So maybe PS4 sold 36k in July, and Wii U sold 6k. We don't have those specific numbers though; just the ratio of 6:1.

As others have noted the 6:1 isn't based on actual sale numbers.

lupinko

Ouch looks like Xbone and WiiU both have Playstation Fear alright.

Sorry GermanGAF at trying hard for the pun for vier. Lol

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Lol, gotta love Bottom ;)

Yeah. I used to watch it years ago, but started watching it again after Rik's untimely death.

Clearly something has gone very wrong and the fact that Xbox 360 is outselling it is dire indeed. It is under performing massively, there is no denying that. Am I concerned about this? Slightly but ultimately, MS on the back foot is a good MS (mostly!). Am I concerned that Xbox One will be the next Dreamcast? Not at all. We are approaching the end of the first year of Xbox One and whilst there has been fuck up after fuck up, I am optimistic that the games will start speaking for themselves. Microsoft just needs to learn to shut the fuck up if they have noting non-embarrassing/incriminating to say!

Yup. Well said. Obviously, regardless of how poorly the Xbox is doing in some territories, the fact that it is fairly strong in two major markets will save it. It doesn't matter to fans how poorly it does in Europe/Asia, because the games will still come. But it is doing rather poorly in many territories. It releases in Japan soon, and while I won't buy one at the current price, I'm looking forward to checking out some demo units.

wildfire

Banned
Kinect and fears of surveillance killed Xbone dead in Germany. I think their attitude to it is pretty unique for historical reasons. It's a huge market as well.

This is definitely the biggest reason. In Europe many US tech companies have been hurt by the NSA scandals and sales have dropped by 30% across the entire industry in that market.

Top Bottom