• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Krack!n' - the new show from the creators of The Katering Show

Episode 1 went to air in Australia last night, airs every Wednesday at 9:30pm. It's a sassy take on morning TV, but they're still in character as the Katering Show Kates.
Aussies can re-watch on ABC iView here.

It was apparently meant to stream on "Seeso" in the States on the 21st of September, but NBCU have axed the service? No word yet on whether or not they've found a new US host.

Episode 1 trailer: https://www.facebook.com/getkrackinshow/videos/10159132908815543/

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
They are so great. I've probably watched the The Katering Show 3 times over now. Can't wait to see this. Hope they can find a decent platform for the US.

D.Lo

Watched it last night (after the brilliant cross promo with Micallef too).

It goes even deeper into the 'self-loathing and existential terror trying to be a modern woman who has it all' thing. I can see this format having a rich vein of that to mine.

Aeana

I just watched via a VPN because I couldn't wait. I think I had the wrong idea from the trailer, this is actually a full-on satirization of morning TV. Totally brilliant and hilarious.

PaulloDEC

Fun episode. I think I prefer the format of Katering, but the Kates' sense of humour has definitely remained intact, and there's a lot of great gags.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Why do you think you don't sleep McCartney?"

"Because I have a child and the world is on fire."

"Wrong, it's because you have too many books on your bedside table."

"Right! I do!"

~

Overall I thought the first episode was good. The toilet paper clip had me rolling.

HowZatOZ

Banned
It's bloody brilliant, and I'm glad people outside of Australia are finally seeing our humour and understanding it. The Kate format is such a good way of poking fun at the existential crisis that many women face but also throw in some jabs to the morning TV show format that we all loathe. Love it.

New episode tomorrow!

Synopsis: "The Kates' already rocky dynamic is tested further when McCartney is shortlisted for the lead in a US drama series instead of McLennan. Guest Stars: Anne Edmonds, Emily Taylor and Adam Briggs. #GetKrackin"

Trailer (Aus only :(, will update with a Youtube mirror if possible)

"Kompetition" clip

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Asian segment was funnily savage.

The one thing I don't like is the fake "unprofessional" nature of it. Like it sort of makes sense for a Youtube show because they can be jank anyway, but if this is supposed to be a "live" television show, they probably would have all been fired on the first day. I know it's a petty complaint, but it just sort of ruins the illusion - I'd rather they just play it straight, since it'd be a lot more interesting if they had to keep character all the time.

MUnited83

For you.
When I read the concept i automatically thought of Morning Mimosa in American Dad.

What is more hilarious that even the damn dresses match lmao
maxresdefault.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The one thing I don't like is the fake "unprofessional" nature of it. Like it sort of makes sense for a Youtube show because they can be jank anyway, but if this is supposed to be a "live" television show, they probably would have all been fired on the first day. I know it's a petty complaint, but it just sort of ruins the illusion - I'd rather they just play it straight, since it'd be a lot more interesting if they had to keep character all the time.

I agree. I think it would be better if they played it straight. When the show has them going off on tangents, falling asleep, randomly walking off set, and sitting there texting, it takes me out of it quite a bit. (not to mention deliberately making the animations "funny" (the dripping blood above the eyelid, which you'd never see in a real news show) and the absurd messages in the chyron like the Shit! calendar, calm and white, cunt, etc.)

Still think the show is pretty funny though.

Bernbaum

I missed the second episode. How do I watch this online at a resolution above the default Potato quality stream from iView?

I checked the website we all go to for Game of Thrones. No deal.

Fat4all

Banned
Alright, I just finished watching all of The Katering Show.

Holy shit, it was fantastic. Exactly the kind of humor I'm into, sat down and watched all of season 2 and it's supplementary vids in a single sitting.

anigif_enhanced-27268-1443590190-7.gif

Wish I would of known about it sooner.

New episode tomorrow!

Synopsis: An A-List pop superstar is joining the Kates on the couch, and McLennan takes this as irrefutable proof that the show is actually good. CAST: Kate McCartney, Kate McLennan, Rove McManus and Beth Stelling. #GetKrackin

Top Bottom