• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Get Out" director Jordan Peele reveals title and poster for his new film

the.acl

20z7dzd.png

Peele tweeted out the poster, which describes Us as 'a new nightmare from the mind of Jordan Peele'.

Variety reports that that Lupita Nyong’o, Elisabeth Moss and Black Panther's Winston Duke are in talks to star in the flick, which Peele is writing and directing for Universal. Us is due to hit theaters March 15, 2019.

Peele, whose last film Get Out scored him an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, had previously said that his next film would "tonally resemble Get Out," though he wants to address "something different than race."

Peele has also said he would "seriously consider" making a sequel to Get Out, as there is "more story to tell" in that universe.

Credit

Another horror, then? I hope so. Get Out had such a great skin-crawly creepy factor to it. It would be a shame for Peele to abandon the genre now.

the.acl

Another horror, then? I hope so. Get Out had such a great skin-crawly creepy factor to it. It would be a shame for Peele to abandon the genre now.
Yeah, "Get Out" had to do with race, I have a feeling this one has to do with gender equality. So far we know of two actresses and an actor in the film, one of them being Elisabeth Moss from The Handmaid's Tale, which has to do with gender equality.

OH-MyCar

The font & presentation reminds me of Peter Gabriel's "So" whereas the title reminds me of its follow-up of the same name (and the blurry faces are reminiscent of the "Melt" album). I'm going to go ahead and say the subtext of this film is clearly early Peter Gabriel albums.

TrainedRage

Banned
My guess is this is either about identical twins or someone with a split personality or something like that. I'm guessing like Get Out was a take on race... This will be a take on mental health. Just a guess.

I can't believe that I'm not tired of that movie yet. I feel like I could watch it an infinite number of times and still catch more nuances.

Yeah, "Get Out" had to do with race, I have a feeling this one has to do with gender equality. So far we know of two actresses and an actor in the film, one of them being Elisabeth Moss from The Handmaid's Tale, which has to do with gender equality.

And The West Wing. And Mad Men. She's an accomplished actress beyond The Handmaid's Tale.

"Us" sounds similar to "This is Us." Well, the announcement has garnered hype. We'll see if he is able to deliver.

the.acl

And The West Wing. And Mad Men. She's an accomplished actress beyond The Handmaid's Tale.
Sorry I haven't seen any of those shows? Not saying the handmaid's tale made her lol. Anyway point is, she's great.

What's your guess on the theme?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
My guess is this is either about identical twins or someone with a split personality or something like that. I'm guessing like Get Out was a take on race... This will be a take on mental health. Just a guess.

Hmmmmmm.........good point. You might be right.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah I think he's onto something.

Because mental health and split personality easily lead to horror. M Night Shamalanayanananan movie "Split" was good and was about this. I'd love to see Jordan Peele's take on it.

thequestion

Looks intriguing. Will watch. Loved Get Out. Hope Jordan is able to utilize the same use of tension found in that movie with a healthy dose of social commentary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom