• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get someone into a manga with just one page (READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

ibbbVbdl291Fej.jpg

So I got the inspiration for this thread from other places and I think it'd be a fun and simple way for some lesser-known manga to get some spotlight here on GAF. Premise is pretty simple: Basically post a single page from one of your favorite manga that you think represents it so well that it will get people interested in checking it out. I feel like I need to provide some rules so that this goes over well and without any casualties.

RULES
1. Be smart about NSFW shit. We don't want people who browse this at work to have their bosses get mad at them and more importantly I don't want mods shutting this down fast. This includes nudity (borderline or otherwise), violence, etc.
2. Watch for those pesky watermarks and scanmarks. Double check your page for watermarks. There's a strict no-piracy discussion in the official manga thread and that should extend to here too. For future reference:
duckroll said:
This is the last time I am ever going to say this. I believe I have mentioned this before. Do not ever, ever direct link to illegal piracy shit. This includes manga releases, manga scanlations, sites and apps which provide such access, etc. STOP DOING IT. This thread is for the discussion of manga, not for the exchange and distribution of illegal material. Don't ask, don't tell. Future offenses will result in normal moderation consequences. Do not reply to this message, just move along. If you have a question, PM me.
3. One page per post. Maybe more than one if this thread doesn't get a lot of traction but let's keep the clutter to a minimum for consistency sake. If it's a large image, put it in quotes so it won't take up the entire page. Basically just be courteous.
4. Don't forget to leave a title with your page! Even the name of the artist/author would be swell too.

Let's start off with a classic one that usually gets people interested:

Kongou Banchou by Nakaba Suzuki

If you end up checking out something new thanks to this thread let us know what you think!

Of course a classic favorite horror manga:

The Enigma of Amigara Fault by Junji Ito

or really anything by Junju Ito. His stuff is nuts.

I'm not into manga, but someone linked that to me once and I read that. It was pretty interesting, I have to admit.

None of the pages so far in this thread make me want to read any of these.

EYEL1NER

I wish I had some of my copies of GTO here with me to grab pages from because I can think of numerous single pages that would sell some people on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom