• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gfk Spanish videogames sales results for 2010

molekiller said:
I'm from Spain, I own a 360 and a PS3 and I've never bought a game from here. Importing everything from uk stores is the only decent deal. New games at 69€? No thanks, amazon uk here I come!!

This. A lot of people here in Spain do the same.

Lince

Banned
tzare said:
that is another interesting point. I buy everything at amazon or zavvi or even cduniverse or vg+ in canada. It is amazing that after importing a game, paying shipment costs i can save aproximately 20€ per unit.

exactly, I can't remember the last time I bought a game in Spain, everything I got these past years was from the UK/US/Japan except for some collector's editions I didn't want to take the risk to have them damaged during the shipping/delivery process and decided to buy them here.

I know most dedicated gamers in Spain buy their games online from other countries so Spanish retailers must react somehow since nowadays they're literally living on the second-hand / used and the casual games market alone (specially people with Wii systems, sorry I'm not trolling but that's how it is.) They're definitely selling a lot less new games since the abroad online shopping trend started to spread. They're simply charging too much for games without taking into account the average salaries here.

EOL is just piracy with a thin coat of 'it is legal to play your backups & homebrew'.

EOL is the worst Spanish gaming related site ever, I wish something could be done to close it down. You just have to see the ads everywhere on the site: jailbreaks, modchips, Wii hacks, DS "backups" cartridges, PSP pandora batteries...

Vasili2K38

pakopakopako said:
This. A lot of people here in Spain do the same.

Count me in. A few years ago when I began importing games was a real relief for my economy. In Spain new top seller games are usually 70€, and from UK for example normally they don't pass from 40-45€ (launch price or course). But I usually wait 3-6 months and buy the games for 25€ or less.

Top Bottom