• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost in the Shell Featurette: Anime Director Mamoru Oshii Praises Film's Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Oshii: "I'm sure this will be the most gorgeous film in the series so far."

Rupert doesn't even believe that shit.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Did they fuck with Johansson's cheekbones and eyes ???

Kraftwerk

as I said in the teaser thread; I hope this is good, as this gives me hope. I believe.

PLEASE GOD I WANT THIS TO BE GOOD.

FUCK

Jarmel

Banned
There's times where she looks really good in the role but then she has to act.
nn5KFXW.jpg
5XzyoXM.jpg
She looks great in the shot on the left, like almost dead-on to what I imagine the Major would be like. However she just looks completely out of her league in the action sequences. She doesn't look comfortable or experienced around using firearms.

We also have better shots of the suit.

Looks better than I thought coming out of the previous teaser.

I'm assuming parts of that suit will be cgi in the end. It bunches up weirdly at certain parts of her joints that make it look more like a Halloween costume and not a legit skin tight camo suit.

TDLink

I'm assuming parts of that suit will be cgi in the end. It bunches up weirdly at certain parts of her joints that make it look more like a Halloween costume and not a legit skin tight camo suit.

This happens with pretty much every "Suit" costume in films. Post production always fixes it. Just look at the set photos for the new Spider-man film for example.

Yes, Rupert's work has always been heavy work in the post-production phase. Previous teasers were most likely unfinished post-prod work too.

Huh, I always suspected Mamoru Oshii to be a more reclusive director. His films after Patlabor 1 were all kinda about depressing existential crises.

Jex

That's cool but I can't really trust anything Oshii says at this point because his boner for getting into live action films has robbed anime of one of it's most visionary directors.

blamite

Bleh, I can't figure out where to place my expectations on this. The first teasers looked mostly pretty good, the one a few days ago looked straight-up bad, but the new shots in this video are back to looking nice... Guess I'll just keep my hopes low and possibly be surprised.

That suit looks bad though. Like, the shoulder pieces, the way the lines are laid out, something about it... It just doesn't look like it could be a real thing, I guess?

Jarmel

Banned
That suit looks bad though. Like, the shoulder pieces, the way the lines are laid out, something about it... It just doesn't look like it could be a real thing, I guess?
I actually kinda like the look of it. The shoulder pieces gives it an armor feeling so it looks somewhat like it would be used for combat. The beige white looks okay in some shots, I wish it was a slightly whiter shade to match the shoulder pieces but I guess they wanted to emulate the anime and make it look 'skin' colorish.

How was his live action Patlabor endeavor?

It had a hot chick in it so I guess it was okay.

It's fairly bad.

Ninjimbo

Some of the movie shots there from the movie looked pretty good. I also like that the Major's look from Arise is there in some form. That was a slick design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom