• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This game is so much fun and has been one of the best PC gaming experiences I have had in quite a while.

While not PERFECT and could use some touch ups. I'd favor graphic tech taking a break for a while and just focus on improving performance.

This game looks fucking fantastic and it's a PS4 era game!

Calverz

Gold Member
Is it bad I've only played for about 1.5 hours and then went and played through Immortals of Aveum?

Topher

Gold Member
Got my first ever Platinum trophy on PC. Absolutely fantastic game.

njOTkTQ.jpeg

Last edited:

Acidjuice

Neo Member
Theres only like 6 reviews in this review thread. that being said i just finished the game and the dlc and i gotta say idk how this game got so may 10s.

Looks incredible and the combat is really nice although pretty buggy when it comes to directional attacks and stance switching.
The story is truly mid, full of plotholes and character inconsistencies that really annoyed me as time went on.
Jin Sakai is a terrible main character, the Ghost V Samurai plotline is forced and feels not very thought out.
The side characters range from truly unbearable (i walked away because you cant skip cutscenes) to really endearing and complex, but mostly fall into the former category.
I feel like i should mention the visuals twice because theyre so good.
Also the gameplay is pretty repetitive but with the consistent addition and upgrade of combat elements it remains sort of fun.
I played on Lethal mode for most of the game and let me tell you that is BULL-SHIT.
Enemies at times seems near infinitely powerful, even in the strongest armor with all of the hot tubs you can get 1-2 shot while enemies will auto dodge each attack. After a while it made winning large fights and duels less satisfying as it felt like I had beaten the bullshit instead of beaten the challenge.

All in all its not bad, 7.5-8/10. Wouldnt mind a sequel with skippable cutscenes or different writers.

Klosshufvud

Theres only like 6 reviews in this review thread. that being said i just finished the game and the dlc and i gotta say idk how this game got so may 10s.

Looks incredible and the combat is really nice although pretty buggy when it comes to directional attacks and stance switching.
The story is truly mid, full of plotholes and character inconsistencies that really annoyed me as time went on.
Jin Sakai is a terrible main character, the Ghost V Samurai plotline is forced and feels not very thought out.
The side characters range from truly unbearable (i walked away because you cant skip cutscenes) to really endearing and complex, but mostly fall into the former category.
I feel like i should mention the visuals twice because theyre so good.
Also the gameplay is pretty repetitive but with the consistent addition and upgrade of combat elements it remains sort of fun.
I played on Lethal mode for most of the game and let me tell you that is BULL-SHIT.
Enemies at times seems near infinitely powerful, even in the strongest armor with all of the hot tubs you can get 1-2 shot while enemies will auto dodge each attack. After a while it made winning large fights and duels less satisfying as it felt like I had beaten the bullshit instead of beaten the challenge.

All in all its not bad, 7.5-8/10. Wouldnt mind a sequel with skippable cutscenes or different writers.
Agreed. The heavy emphasis on a poorly told story really drags the game down. The moral dilemmas are often times contrived and characters are bland and one-note. The game hits you strong at the start but in the later phase becomes a bit mundane amidst its repetitive side quests and underwhelming main narrative. The game hits a cinematic peak mid way through and never hits that peak again. I also feel the game is very contradicting in how hard it judges characters for their morally questionable decisions.

Acidjuice

Neo Member
Agreed. The heavy emphasis on a poorly told story really drags the game down. The moral dilemmas are often times contrived and characters are bland and one-note. The game hits you strong at the start but in the later phase becomes a bit mundane amidst its repetitive side quests and underwhelming main narrative. The game hits a cinematic peak mid way through and never hits that peak again. I also feel the game is very contradicting in how hard it judges characters for their morally questionable decisions.

You nailed it. I was so excited to keep playing after Act I even if I was a little confused about the ghost thing, but by halfay through Act II it was starting to get pretty tired.

Top Bottom