• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon 2 XBL Thread

hgplayer1

Ill probably pick it up sooner or later. not sure if Ill play much at all online. depends how well the online interface is really. I want to be able to jump in almost any game quickly and not like that shit they had in all the other Ubi games. Ill buy it for the single player first.

AeroGod said:
Yes. 4 player online co-op for missions.

You can play up to 16 player for missions as well if you choose to do so (I'd better check to be sure but I'm 90% sure I played a 12 player mission last week).

Riddler

GT= Riddler

Yea the interface for finding matches is super slow, but what kills you is the server status(# players,in setup,time in game,etc..") is almost always wrong all the time cause it took so long to pull up all the servers(which are lag free most of the time).

AeroGod

Apharmd Battler said:
You can play up to 16 player for missions as well if you choose to do so (I'd better check to be sure but I'm 90% sure I played a 12 player mission last week).

I was going off the IGN review which made it sound like 4 player co-op online. I havnt played online yet.

well i played ina 16 player co-op game yesterday.

you just have to click X twice to switch from observer to a player. I think it might be a glitch but damn it ran with no lag and we still all died. Awesome Awesome stuff.

hgplayer1

wow, I didnt realize its been so long since GR2 came out. I just picked it up recently and managed to play a handful of games online. I love the maps. some of them are HUGE! theres some night maps and some with weather elements like rain and snow and fog.

the gameplay seems to be more of the same GR style. you really have to get a bead on someone before they get one on you or youre almost always dead. teamwork and cover are key. I like the over the shoulder view thats been added. Im glad they finally gave the option for it.

I had a great time online the other night on one of the servers I got on they were going to almost all the maps and teams were well balanced and we had some good battles but today Ive had problems finding a server that would play anything but Quarry and Pagoda. basically these two maps force both teams to rush to a bottleneck in the map and get position to take out the other team before they can get position. Theres almost no oppurtunity to flank around these spots which makes it boring after playing it 5 times in a row. its a very noob friendly map I guess which is the reason you see it so much. the online interface is very clunky and could really benefit from the party and matchmaking system that Halo uses.

so does anyone here still play it or is anyone looking for a change of pace from Halo? add me to your list and look for me online. gamertag is hgplayer1

Top Bottom