• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire Official Teaser Trailer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It'll send a chill down your spine.

Watch the teaser trailer for #Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, coming soon exclusively to movie theaters.In Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, the Spengler family returns to where it all started – the iconic New York City firehouse – to team up with the original Ghostbusters, who’ve developed a top-secret research lab to take busting ghosts to the next level. But when the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second Ice Age.

Directed by: Gil Kenan
Written by: Jason Reitman & Gil Kenan

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Im one of the biggest ghostbusters fans going, although the last movie was....ok...and I’m cautiously looking forwards to this as it has the og busters in it I’ll see it. Ecto ones sirens will forever send a chill down my spine.

From the director of the Poltergeist remake...

Judge Judy Do Not Want GIF

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Not feeling the name but the trailer looks really good!

The trailer immediately did a great job at making New York City feel like a character, the way the classic films did.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Again, this is where that snoring emoji would really help on GAF. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Absolutely hated the last movie.

Papa_Wisdom

Could be cool. Have yet to watch Afterlife. Some day.
Afterlife was “ok” lots of Easter eggs for the ghostbusters nerds (like me) story was forgettable tbh but it was nice seeing the gang back together again.

Was nowhere near gb1 or even 2 In terms of story.

I think it’s on Netflix if you have it.

mitch1971

Well just sent the link to my 7 year old niece, who's a big ghostbusters fan. She said 'i'm impressed!' and 'wow, Venkman is so old.' :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Afterlife was “ok” lots of Easter eggs for the ghostbusters nerds (like me) story was forgettable tbh but it was nice seeing the gang back together again.

Was nowhere near gb1 or even 2 In terms of story.

I think it’s on Netflix if you have it.

Afterlife was pretty shit. So odd that the main characters didn't believe in ghosts, despite the events of the 80s films being referenced. Then when a ghost turns up they're hardly fazed.

And the way the OG crew just happened to turn up at the right time at the end to crack a few one liners before saving the day. Lame.

Let the franchise die. Time to move on.

Papa_Wisdom

Afterlife was pretty shit. So odd that the main characters didn't believe in ghosts, despite the events of the 80s films being referenced. Then when a ghost turns up they're hardly fazed.

And the way the OG crew just happened to turn up at the right time at the end to crack a few one liners before saving the day. Lame.

Let the franchise die. Time to move on.
Tbh yeah that was what got me the most about it, if something like that had actually happened it would have changed the humanity in that the confirmation of ghosts and afterlife would have become fact. And would have impacted everyone generation since. I’m sure a lot of it was my nostalgia was running high throughout which kept me going with it.

If it was up to me they would have ended with the 2 og’s and probably the ghostbusters game which was arguably the proper 3rd movie.

Still though if they insist on carrying in with it I’d prefer these over the godawful 2016 version.

Fret Runner

I really do hate the Burger King Kids club direction Afterlife took.

So it looks like atleast Winston and Peter get frozen and Ray just exists as a plot dumper.
Maybe we will get one scene at the start of the 3 OGs busting a ghost together, that would be one thing to watch for atleast.
The rest? ehhhh.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Looks fun. I enjoyed afterlife and thought it was better than 2. Still nowhere near as good as 1, but nothing will ever be.

wondermega

This has become another franchise like Robocop where... EVERY successive installment has failed to live up to the potential of the first (also, successors to Aliens, Terminator 2, etc). That's fine, at least we got the first one perfected I guess..

DKehoe

Didn't bother with the last one since it didn't look interesting and this looks to be the same. Hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be decent.

StueyDuck

My only oof is that we are still trotting out the akroyd and the Murray.

Otherwise it all seems fun enough, will reserve judgement till I've seen it

ElRenoRaven

Loved the last one so I'm up for more. This is how they should have handled the franchise pre After Life. You slowly pass the torch the way you are with the last and this movie. Not the way the other movie that shall not be named tried to handle the franchise.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I enjoyed Afterlife well enough for what it was - a film about the legacy of the Ghostbusters. But the feeling when I finished wasn't "I want a sequel", it was "I want to watch the originals".

Andyliini

Meh. I might see it, but they have to do better than last time. Afterlife was pretty much a feature length toy commercial.

Power Pro

I was so excited that I had took my whole family to see Afterlife....paid like $150 in theater tickets. And it was just...meh. I think my biggest problem with it was that it was a complete rehash of the first film, and I think they could have woven the OG characters into the story better rather than a glorified cameo at the end. It would have worked better I think.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to think of this one because of how meh Afterlife was. At least they're doing what seems to be an original threat/story, so that'll be cool. The teaser shots of Murray though make me think they'll find some way to finally off him, since he doesn't seem prominent in any other shot in the trailer. I don't like seeing beloved characters killed, but actors like him always want their characters killed so they don't have to show up anymore. Which is a shame, because him and Sigourney Weaver's cameo scene in the end credits was one of my favorite parts of Afterlife.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and I thought Afterlife was crap. Only the 2016 movie was worse.

The only good thing about this movie is it finally takes place in New York City again where it seems more proper.

Video game that came out around 2009 was pretty awesome, although.

Last edited:
I will probably have the same major issue with this movie as I did Afterlife...I don't want kids and their parents playing Ghostbusters.

bitbydeath

I liked it, the first one was basically a tame rehash, this looks like it’s stepping up, and bringing back the horror elements.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked Afterlife and sadly I think the OG busters were the worst part of it, just low energy and tepid. Not sure I want more of that.

What I DO want is more fun. Don't take everything so seriously, have cool and interesting ghosts, but DAMN, please no teen melodrama! Just let Wolfhard lay some pipe with his lady and move on already!

Urban

just no more "origin we are finding our purpose, us and the group" to finale after 90 min to get one good scene as a group.
Trailer looks ok

Soodanim

Gold Member
looks like they wheel out the OGs again? hopefully they have a bigger part this time
That's 102% going to happen given the ending of the last movie and thus the reason they're back in New York.

The only real question is if in lieu of Harold Ramis' ghost they can get Rick Moranis to show up like the G he is.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The only real question is if in lieu of Harold Ramis' ghost they can get Rick Moranis to show up like the G he is.
He was actually coming out of retirement to make the new Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie, but COVID cancelled it.

Top Bottom