• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighlh.gif

I mean, your main dude has a freaking gun now so even if it somehow sucks shit there's at least that.

Speaking of Persona AND Drew, I'm actually curious what he thinks of the series (or at least P4) since he was basically the 3rd member of that ER. Vinny and Jeff have spoken extensively about their time with Persona and I've only heard Drew's perspective a handful of times.

I've heard a lot of bad things about MPP3, but I committed to it pretty hard after actually reading the 50-page summary PDF of MPP2, so I feel a duty to watch it regardless.

P5 trailer is the exact amount of crazy I needed.

Now wait as see the E3 trailer for it be that exact video again with English menus and a early 2016 date

p5 trailer is perfect

now, to get persona 5 at launch or to wait for the inevitable 2-3 versions that will come out after with a bunch of bonus shit.

I still need to get through the 2 Persona 2s, Persona 3 Portable with FemMC, and Persona 4 Golden. Probably will do the 2 latter games with a guide and on easy mode as I've finished previous versions of those two games before and I'm just really playing them as a content tourist.

And I still kinda wanna play the latest Persona fighting game after all of that to get the story stuff from them, too. bah.

Is it just me or does blond dude look rather like Anime Brad when he initially slides down the railing?

Maybe Anime Brad is just a very generic looking character.

danm999

eighlh.gif

I mean, your main dude has a freaking gun now so even if it somehow sucks shit there's at least that.

Speaking of Persona AND Drew, I'm actually curious what he thinks of the series (or at least P4) since he was basically the 3rd member of that ER. Vinny and Jeff have spoken extensively about their time with Persona and I've only heard Drew's perspective a handful of times.

IIRC, when Drew returned from his Asian holiday last year he said seeing Inaba inspired him in part to visit Japan.

Luke_Wal

I've never played a Persona game (I have P4Golden downloaded on my Vita but haven't gotten to it yet), but after seeing that trailer.... I guess I don't really know what Persona is? I thought it was half visual novel half turn-based JRPG? It almost looked like there was some cover-based shooting and platforming in that.

That being said: TWEWY is pretty much the only RPG I've played in recent years that wasn't Pokemon, but I think I'm down with Persona 5.

New Persona guy reminds me a lot of Vincent from Catherine.

Also I dont think Charlie would be down with any of this masquerade / phantom of the opera crap.

Oh god. I am going to need a new name for my Persona characters aint I? This is the game that will stop me naming my main character Charlie....

Also I dont think Charlie wouldnt be down with any of this masquerade / phantom of the opera crap.

Oh god. I am going to need a new name for my Persona characters aint I? This is the game that will stop me naming my main character Charlie....
I'm going with Vinny Calavera.

I've never played a Persona game (I have P4Golden downloaded on my Vita but haven't gotten to it yet), but after seeing that trailer.... I guess I don't really know what Persona is? I thought it was half visual novel half turn-based JRPG? It almost looked like there was some cover-based shooting and platforming in that.

That being said: TWEWY is pretty much the only RPG I've played in recent years that wasn't Pokemon, but I think I'm down with Persona 5.

All the stealth/platforming looking stuff is new to P5. Looks like they took some of the stuff they learned from Catherine and incorporated it into Persona (hopefully the... better stuff).

Myggen

is GBEast obligated to quick look the most boring indie games in the world? they need to unleash Vinny on Besiege

Not that much else coming out tbh, and this is like their second QL in the new office. But Vinny playing Besiege would be great.

Also, Unplugged: Dungeons & Dragons: Episode 01 is up.

Man, as much as they ragged on Capcom on that last podcast for being a shell of its former self, look at this konami lineup for 2015:

It's dead, jim

Yeah, both companies pretty much suck now, Konami probably even more than Capcom.

Man, as much as they ragged on Capcom on that last podcast for being a shell of its former self, look at this konami lineup for 2015:

http://im.ziffdavisinternational.com/ign_it/screenshot/default/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-release-date-l_tdb1.jpg[IMG]

It's dead, jim[/QUOTE]

Konami has been on the town turn a lot longer then Capcom.

I think maybe it happened when they made "kojima productions" its own studio and merged a bunch of its stuff under that banner and I think that happened around the time of MGS3 or when the 360 / PS3 launched.

Capcom at least tosses a lot of stuff at the wall that gives you hope.

eighlh.gif

Well, I think it was in the mailbag that Drew referenced it? I forgot what it was, but he said 'Sounds like something Yosuke would say'.

Konami has been on the town turn a lot longer then Capcom.

I think maybe it happened when they made "kojima productions" its own studio and merged a bunch of its stuff under that banner and I think that happened around the time of MGS3 or when the 360 / PS3 launched.

Capcom at least tosses a lot of stuff at the wall that gives you hope.
Well, we know they have Silent Hills coming but clearly that game is very much in the early stages of development. What i would like to see is Konami mining their backlog a bit better, something similar to what Capcom and Sega have been doing for years. Like, why keep those great Castlevania DS games locked up on that platform when you can do a decent rerelease of them? Bring ZOE HD to PC along with the MGS HD collection, do a contra collection. Redo the Silent Hill collection to include SH4 and have SH2 & SH3 not run and look like absolute shit. They've only now put Suikoden 2 on PSN in the west, took them almost a decade to get on that.

Fuck man, they did a goddamn Rocket Knight remake when no good person wanted that shit.

Curufinwe

There was a demo derby where he explained to Dan why he liked Persona.

FluxWaveZ

People are going to bother GB so much about a Persona 5 Endurance Run. Bummer.

Wonder if any of them are even willing to give it a shot when it comes out, outside of a QL or something.

Bacon

Wonder if any of them are even willing to give it a shot when it comes out, outside of a QL or something.

Jeff seems to have a real fondness for Persona 4, I think he's the mostly to play it. But even then who knows, that's presumably going to be a long ass game.

I dunno, what the people really want is a Jeff/Vinny endurance run of a Persona game. That aint ever gonna happen cause of physical impossibility.

I think it's a bona fide curse by now.

It must be incredibly annoying to constantly have to deal with everything persona being sent to you by the hundreds (thousands?) whenever it's revealed. I kinda hope he comes out and just flatly states that there will never be a persona ER ever again so people move on.

I know i would've said something to that effect by now if i was him. Dude seems patient as all hell.

He's probably looking at what Dan's going through with MGS3 and sensing a great relief that it's not him feeling that heat.

Zaph

It must be incredibly annoying to constantly have to deal with everything persona being sent to you by the hundreds (thousands?) whenever it's revealed. I kinda hope he comes out and just flatly states that there will never be a persona ER ever again so people move on.

I know i would've said something to that effect by now if i was him. Dude seems patient as all hell.

He's probably looking at what Dan's going through with MGS3 and sensing a great relief that it's not him feeling that heat.

I thought they had?

And are we sure people still bother them that much about doing another ER? That seems to have really cooled off, especially with all the hidden/premium ER's on the site.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The tragedy of people hoping they'll continue a great series and keep paying subscription money must be hard for them to deal with. If there's evidence that they're being inundated with tweets or emails about mgs3, for example, then maybe I could see a problem with it. Having desirable content to sell is not a bad problem though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah even just a casual check of twitter with the search words "giantbomb endurance" and there aren't really anybody tweeting about wanting giantbomb to do a persona 5 ER.

hamchan

Never understood why they always seemed so cagey about doing more endurance runs. They essentially are doing let's plays of entire games right now, just not daily.
It's probably because endurance runs can't be made premium because it was free content before premium existed. So bring on a video series with a persona pun for a title please.

Patryn

Never understood why they always seemed so cagey about doing more endurance runs. They essentially are doing let's plays of entire games right now, just not daily.
It's probably because endurance runs can't be made premium because it was free content before premium existed. So bring on a video series with a persona pun for a title please.

I also think it's the daily schedule that they didn't like or want.

Good to hear that people aren't bugging them about a Persona 5 ER and that they got the message that there is literally zero chance in hell that GB would do one.

Honestly, my guess is that Jeff is ambivalent at best about Persona 5, given that he didn't really like Persona 3.

There was just something about the Persona 4 cast that really spoke to him.

Frankly, I can actually foresee a world where nobody at GB actually plays through the entirety of Persona 5. Vinny would be the most likely, but with his kids now I'm not sure if he has the time.

popo

They are not going to ER (or whatever they call it) a newly released game, an Atlus game or a Persona game. Give it a rest.

A bit. Not as obvious as the blond girl looking like Catherine herself. Although it could be just the engine makes everything look a bit like Catherine the game.

That's good to hear. Brad and Jeff's bitterness might get tiring but I think I'll watch it in bursts and it'll be easier to enjoy then.

How miserable MP3 makes Jeff is the best part imo, there's a moment in the game where it really looks like it comes close to breaking him. I don't think I'd enjoy the Mario Party content if they were all in the same mood as Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom