• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

tesqui

I've had my Switch since launch and haven't had any scratches from dock. I don't even feel like I baby it that much either. I think maybe some of the docks might be defective and bent in a bit causing too snug of a fit.

BTA

The thing I'm confused by about Fuller House is that I didn't know season 2 even got released and also I didn't know Carly Rae Jepson covered the theme for it.

my family watched so much Full House and my siblings haves watched at least season 1 but I can't do that to myself (I was afraid I'd end up watching it with them over the holidays when season 1 came out but they thankfully already saw it)

Salarians

LAunUfw.jpg
avocado toast and social media are destroying Inkopolis

BTA

It's almost midnight but I'm finally ready to start V3.

After ruining my already bad sleep schedule these past few days I should probably not stay up too long... and I'll do that, but it'll hurt.

EDIT:

what also hurts is both my heart and mind after actually finishing that Collar x Malice route

what the fuck

Jintor

Has 'The Exquisite Corps' inspired anyone to give XCOM a try? I originally tried 2 shortly after it released on PS4 and even without all the performance issues it had, I sort of got overwhelmed fast and the fact you can "fail" a campaign was really unnerving, so I bounced off of it after only a few hours.

However after watching them play for so long and persevering through a lot of failures and deaths, I feel that I overhyped the "harshness" of the game. What have other recent first-time players thought of the game so far? Also, is there any huge differences between Enemy Within and 2?

it's like dark souls (*is immediately shot*) in that short-term failure is so disdained by modern game design that the idea of losing troops or ops is repellant to most players, but XCOM and DS are designed that you can bounce back from it. Most of the time. (XCOM and XCOM2 you can actually death spiral kinda easily if you don't course-correct in time)

Nerokis

WHAT THE FUCK

Murder Island went from being kind of relaxing to becoming a straight up horror movie over the last ~15 minutes of that first match. Why didn't you ride away, Vinny? WHY

BTA

I'm not starting V3 tonight or before work because it looks like the Vita version won't have JP voices till the game and its voice DLC hits the store tomorrow.

it means I'll get more sleep but this sucks

Fuck this section.

Spent seven fucking hours on this section.

Don't put stealth mechanics in your shooters.

There's a stealth section in an online shooter raid? Why?

And seven hours is an incredible amount of time to spend on one sequence. A bunch of games that are probably way better than Destiny 2 can be finished in seven hours.

robotrock

Banned
There's a stealth section in an online shooter raid? Why?

And seven hours is an incredible amount of time to spend on one sequence. A bunch of games that are probably way better than Destiny 2 can be finished in seven hours.

It's not about the game. It's about the time you spend with your friends.

Yup. That was such a "GET AWAY FROM THERE, YOU FOOL" moment. Vinny is basically an Until Dawn character.

Yeah, I don't understand why he didn't at least try to drive over them lol Instead he stops and pulls out a gun that doesn't have any ammo

Fuck this section.

Spent seven fucking hours on this section.

Don't put stealth mechanics in your shooters.

Wowza
So will that be the entire stream on Wednesday? And they'll attempt to finish on Friday? :p

Teddified

what if after the raid destiny 2 isn't allowed on the top 10 anymore

or at least top 5, cause brad is very obsessive and will force it on anyway.

Bacon

I haven't really heard any decent argument from them so far for why destiny would be high on the goty list. By all accounts it's a competent destiny game, which the first should have been. I'm sure Dan will make the "hours spent playing argument" but I hope they actually come with more than that. "The shooting feels good" aint gonna cut it.

Joeku

thanks for mentioning UD

need to redownload it so I can visit the bone zone on halloween

So few games set in Canada without trying really hard to be stereotypically Canadian. I love that UD is one of them.

None of the performances sounded all that Canadian, but I can't have everything, I guess. Hayden Panatierre dropping an "aboat" would be primo.

ryseing

Wowza
So will that be the entire stream on Wednesday? And they'll attempt to finish on Friday? :p

It's the second section. First section shouldn't be too bad, but second will take them a while and lead to much cursing.

It's a shame as Section 3 is actually inventive and pretty good, but I have no desire to go through the bullshit of the second.

BTA

Still looking into record player stuff from earlier.

Think I might go fully down this ridiculous path and get the Orbit Basic? Except even then I need to figure out speakers and everything I can find is "spend $200+ on these huge speakers" or "spend $40 on these tiny but very loud speakers" and I just want something small that sounds nice but is not super loud that I can put in my room and listen to while I work from home without bothering my roommate or the apartments next to me.

I did not intend to spend hundreds of dollars on this but I guess I just assumed that with this resurgence of interest in vinyl the cheap players might actually be good and not apparently likely to damage the records

robotrock

Banned

Think I might go fully down this ridiculous path and get the Orbit Basic? Except even then I need to figure out speakers and everything I can find is "spend $200+ on these huge speakers" or "spend $40 on these tiny but very loud speakers" and I just want something small that sounds nice but is not super loud that I can put in my room and listen to while I work from home without bothering my roommate or the apartments next to me.

I did not intend to spend hundreds of dollars on this but I guess I just assumed that with this resurgence of interest in vinyl the cheap players might actually be good and not apparently likely to damage the records

Why don't you get one of those $100 Audio Technicas? Heard good things about the AT-LP60.

I bought a U-Turn Orbit before they started including the que lever and preamp. I ended up ruining the needle pretty hard, and then when I tried to switch it out, I messed up the cables too. I think the repair (+ the cost of a new cartridge, que lever) is going to cost me more than the LP60 so I've been putting it off.

edit: Dang just realized the orbit basic still does not include a que lever or pre-amp. Personally I really don't like dropping the needle myself onto the record, I got scared as hell every time I did it.

BTA

Why don't you get one of those $100 Audio Technicas? Heard good things about the AT-LP60.

I bought a U-Turn Orbit before they started including the que lever and preamp. I ended up ruining the needle pretty hard, and then when I tried to switch it out, I messed up the cables too. I think the repair (+ the cost of a new cartridge, que lever) is going to cost me more than the LP60 so I've been putting it off.

edit: Dang just realized the orbit basic still does not include a que lever or pre-amp. Personally I really don't like dropping the needle myself onto the record, I got scared as hell every time I did it.

Oh, whoops, I assumed it did. And I'd similarly be super scared. Hmm.

The LP60 came up earlier in the thread but it sounded like it risked damaging records like other cheaper players?

robotrock

Banned
Oh, whoops, I assumed it did. And I'd similarly be super scared. Hmm.

The LP60 came up earlier in the thread but it sounded like it risked damaging records like other cheaper players?

Damn, I have always heard stuff about that with Crosley players but I thought the LP60 was supposed to be pretty good.

Looking at U-Turn's site, you can make a custom order. I'd go with the Basic but then add a que lever to it for an extra $40. You can also get a way cheaper preamp elsewhere than the options on U-Turn's site.

I have an Orbit Basic. I would go ahead and get a cue lever thrown on it too. Worth the extra money to protect your stylus, especially as someone new to vinyl.

As far as speakers I have some Mackie CR3s. They're studio monitors, pretty cheap at $80 on Amazon, and I've had no complaints in the few years I've had them. Just get a cheap preamp and you're good to go.

oti

Banned
Guess I fell asleep just before they finally did it.

Plus Raid stream HYPE.

Please cancel Murder Island now.
And use my fantastic Monday content idea.
It's fantastic.

Top Bottom