• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Kaibutsu

I'm with Ben, Failsafe is awesome. When you do Adventures and learn more about her, you'll like her even more.

That O' Captain storyline... The feels. Man, I just made myself sad

edit: Also I find it pretty surprising that so many people think Jeff hates Destiny 2. He said he liked it, he put over 40 hours into, he said it was a good game. Jeff is never going to be super high and over the top on anything. I have him on my psn friendslist and I can tell you that he has been playing Destiny 2 pretty much non-stop since Wednesday

Lari

I wanted to buy a SNES Classic, but the announced price here in brazil is 1000 reais (~320 USDs)

The dream is dead.

Harpuia

I played Moon when that came out. But I always need a break of several years in-between the Pokémon games. They're always the same and huge time sinks. But I still play them because of nostalgia and they're still cute.

Didn't play X/Y much, it felt surprisingly light. I skipped on the remakes of the GBA games. Sun and Moon were delightful and I liked them enough that I want to try out Ultra Sun and Moon.

Man I disagree with GB so much on Rabbids haha. I just want to play more, I don't get that feeling of well I'm done after 3 missions like they all seemed to agree on. It isn't terribly hard but it is pretty fun. The challenge missions definitely make you think.

Dineren

Banned
I'll get over the launch delay, but if everything is 6 weeks behind in perpetuity that will really make it seem like PC players are second-class guardians.

On the Bungie podcast that released last Monday Luke said they are working hard to get future PC releases on the same day as console. He didn't mention the raid, but hopefully for the first expansion they'll get there.

Kaibutsu

Man I disagree with GB so much on Rabbids haha. I just want to play more, I don't get that feeling of well I'm done after 3 missions like they all seemed to agree on. It isn't terribly hard but it is pretty fun. The challenge missions definitely make you think.

Patrick Klepek had a really good "review" of it on one of the waypoint radio episodes, I forget which one. He basically said the more you play it and the more difficult it gets, it feels more like a fire emblem game rather than a x-com game

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Didn't play X/Y much, it felt surprisingly light. I skipped on the remakes of the GBA games. Sun and Moon were delightful and I liked them enough that I want to try out Ultra Sun and Moon.

I think at this point I'm just ready for Switch Pokemon.

Also I don't want to rebuy a 3DS.

Patrick Klepek had a really good "review" of it on one of the waypoint radio episodes, I forget which one. He basically said the more you play it and the more difficult it gets, it feels more like a fire emblem game rather than a x-com game

Yea that makes sense. I am only at the world 2 midboss so far but I would have no problem with it ramping up the difficulty more.

I was pretty critical of all the one-generation old "remasters" on PS4/Xbone, but now all I want is a bunch of 3DS games to be ported to Switch. I am the problem, I think.

LiK

I was pretty critical of all the one-generation old "remasters" on PS4/Xbone, but now all I want is a bunch of 3DS games to be ported to Switch. I am the problem, I think.

Well, I think it's normal to want that. You got a new portable console that can technically play those games so they should just port them over.

Antiwhippy

TBF porting up a 3DS to switch would be like porting up an N64 to PS4.

My 3ds has been criminally underused. I basically got it to play fire emblem and pokemon. I've yet to try link between worlds.

I like the 3DS, but in the end it pretty was a fire emblem + pokemon + atlus games machine.

My Vita got a lot more play and variety.

patapuf

I actually think FE is an even worse comparison than Xcom.

FE baerly introduces new mechanics over the course of a round and it's a very defensive strategy game.

The way you move and use abilities as well as the small, rotating is more x-com like.

Overall though. Mario and Rabbits is deep and smart enough to be it's own thing. That's what suprrised me most of all tbh.

Well, I think it's normal to want that. You got a new portable console that can technically play those games so they should just port them over.
I'm surprised there haven't been a bunch of 3DS games moved over. I'd love a Ocarina/Majora port, among others.
TBF porting up a 3DS to switch would be like porting up an N64 to PS4.
It would be a bigger difference, yeah. I suppose they'd have to put in work going from two screens to one, of course.

Catvoca

Banned

Same. I skipped both the Wii U and the 3DS and now I just want ports of everything to the Switch. Wish we could get VC too.

Does Jeff know he can respec? The way he was describing his experience made it seem like he felt he was stuck with his skill choices.

Honestly that is a huge part of the game. I'm halfway through world 3 and I feel like I've respecced before pretty much every battle.

oti

Banned
In a weird twist of fate the switch is getting more Vita-esque games than 3DS-esque games.
3DS is still going strong. And seeing how Nintendo's Fire Emblem Switch will surely be more cinematic than the 3DS games the market got tougher for Japanese 2D games like that.

Mupod

I need more Beast in the East in my life soon.

I'm about to start the finale of Kiwami, I can see why they went with the budget pricing here. There's a good amount of game but a ton of it was recycled from 0. And coming from 0, if I'd paid full price I'd feel a bit let down even considering I'm enjoying it a lot. Because 0 is just a fantastic, huge game. The difference between old and new content is pretty glaring too, even though I've never played Yakuza 1. You frequently run into PS2-era animations and the old sidequests are pretty simplistic/boring compared to the goofy and heartwarming substories in 0 (and the new content for Kiwami).

It's also much harder. I actually like this as I've been forced to explore and use all of my styles, the mechanical improvements to style switching made this a lot easier too. The arena was a pretty brutal grind and there have been some frustrating story encounters, but I'm too stubborn to turn down from hard mode.

I definitely think they should turn the difficulty down to easy for this one, regardless of who plays it. I haven't done extensive testing of the difficulty modes but I would not be surprised if Kiwami on normal is more difficult than 0 on hard - it seems to assume you played 0. It was only once I fought my way through the coliseum and got the Tiger Drop that Kiwami started feeling easy. But even then, it's nothing compared to how much 0's Beast style breaks everything.

Antiwhippy

3DS is still going strong. And seeing how Nintendo's Fire Emblem Switch will surely be more cinematic than the 3DS games the market got tougher for Japanese 2D games like that.

Eh, depends on the price point I guess. They for sure can't do the weird fracturing thing they did with fates though.

Does Jeff know he can respec? The way he was describing his experience made it seem like he felt he was stuck with his skill choices.

Honestly that is a huge part of the game. I'm halfway through world 3 and I feel like I've respecced before pretty much every battle.

Good question, he seemed to think he as locked in from what he said...

I need more Beast in the East in my life soon.

The sooner they realize Quickstep is their friend, the better.

Although I admit to having some annoyances in certain fights in Kiwami. I forget that Yakuza 0 was basically the easiest that series has been.

I'm totally with Jeff on Mario + Rabbids. The game is fun and interesting, but after World 2 I just totally lost all desire to go back to it. Will probably just trade it in towards Mario Odyssey.

Curious to get to this part of the Bombcast because I kind of feel the same way? I wouldn't say World 2 is a love it or hate it point but it certainly feels like a breaking point of some sort because it just drags especially because navigating the map is a chore. I respec and I totally upgrade weapons when possible but I actually felt worn down at the end of W2 (though the boss fight was great and fun).

Antiwhippy

Ugh I want divinity OS2 so bad but I dunno if I have the time.

I put 80 hours in the first and didn't even finish it. ;_;

I really hope Vinny checks it out. I think he can do some really cool features with the DM mode.

Harpuia

I want a untouched port of a 3DS game to Switch just out of curiosity of how fuck awful that would look.

I just had the thought of Nintendo releasing another peripheral that's a cable that allows you to output video to the TV and your switch tablet for a 3ds remake.

The switch probably cannot do this but it'd be funny
vomit inducing
if they tried.

BTA

I didn't play Rabbids for most of a week after World 2 (for no particular reason) and when I came back I'm happy I pushed through enough of early World 3 at once for it to hook me again and make me want to play the next day even though I was kinda drained by the start of it.

For me at least World 3 started with some really annoying fights that demand you to change your team around a lot (and had me quickly enter bad situations where I'd immediately restart the battle because the first turn or so went is bad) and it's hard to figure out the best approach. After that it clicked again and has not been that difficult or annoying; I got through 2-8 last night and will probably do the boss after work.

You really can't just brute force certain team makeups when certain enemies are involved.

pls-Ig.gif

Gurrry

Will the PC version of Destiny stay behind the curve? Or will the raid be available day 1?

This is something Ive been thinking about for awhile now. It better not be. I understand holding back the raid for 1 week, but everything else should be up to date with consoles.

If they continue to treat the PC version as the ugly step child, I wont be purchasing it and Ill skip D2 all together. And this is coming from someone who played D1 non fucking stop.

Top Bottom