• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/19/16

bomma_man

Killing yourself with caffeine and fast food is lame. Dan should at least be doing something hardcore like meth or bath salts.

Holy shit Dan drinking that much espresso! I've also gone cold turkey from coffee, I'm on week 3. Those caffeine headaches were no joke.

daveo42

Banned
Dan's heart was probably primed to explode after all that caffeine. Absolutely nuts on that amount of coffee. I mean, I drink alot of coffee (40oz) a day, but that much in espresso is insane.

I drink on average 8-10 diet cokes a day and 72oz of coffee (12oz when i get up, 24oz on the way to work, 24oz half way through my work day and a 12oz when i get home)

Caffeine really doesn't do anything for me unless i am consuming a shit load.

Wat. Are your teeth decayed to shit? That much soda is insane even if it's diet. Overall it's just shitty for your health.

jambo

hQI5sGS.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Regarding the coffee thing.

a) Dan has only recently started

b) He spoke about avoiding coffee and energy drinks in the past (can't remember the exact reason, but it might have to do with his anxiety)

c) Probably don't know much about coffee due to those factors

Staf

Shame on the no Jason show, he's quickly becoming one of my favs. Dan already is. But he seriously needs to get a hold of his lifestyle.

I have no fucking idea how Dan stays in shape.

He's probably got really good natural metabolism. I work with a guy like that. Eats like shit, drinks all the time, but is thin as a rail other than a pooch belly. It's dangerous because some people (him included, not sure about Dan) think they are healthy just because they aren't morbidly obese.

GuyKazama

He's probably got really good natural metabolism. I work with a guy like that. Eats like shit, drinks all the time, but is thin as a rail other than a pooch belly. It's dangerous because some people (him included, not sure about Dan) think they are healthy just because they aren't morbidly obese.

Yeah, he's not in shape -- he's Skinny Fat.

LiK

I'm always fascinated when Dan decides to cut out certain things in his life cold turkey. It's never gradual, heh

Myggen

It's weird how they casually talk about emulating old games like it's nothing. But why not I guess.

They've done that for years and no one has cared, so I guess no one really cares :p In the beginning Jeff would dance around it, but he stopped doing that a few years ago.

LiK

Emulation doesn't seem to be a big issue especially with YouTubers/Twitch streamers blatantly streaming themselves playing old games via emulators. At least GB has a large library of legit copies of games to fall back on to avoid any issues with game companies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah it's just weird because they've tried to avoid talking about it directly before. I'm just waiting for Drew to do a review of ZNES or whatever the emulator people use today is called.

I'm always fascinated when Dan decides to cut out certain things in his life cold turkey. It's never gradual, heh
I can relate to that. It's all or nothing for me, specifically with coffee I would have never stopped if I tried to slowly weed it out.

GuyKazama

The Sega CD isn't nearly as bad as you'd think. The 32X on the other hand...

The 32X is fine. At the time it was a bad investment, but now it is a fun little toy with Virtua Racing, a 16:9 version of Virtua Fighter, and improved Genesis / Sega CD ports.

kiguel182

I'm glad they mark the time for the inside spoilers. I have no problem with them spoiling games but they have to at least give an heads up so we can easily skip it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For a guy who constantly goes on about fitness, Dan sure treats himself like shit with what he consumes

I think the theory is that he likes to eat like shit, so he might as well exercise so he can eat like shit.

Which doesn't really work out that way. As he found out. !P

Jacobbles

Goddamn I miss the episdoes without Dan on weeks like this. Honestly, it's so tiring this same shit with Dan every week. His cartoon lifestyle of nonstop junk food is so draining to listen to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, Dan, I can't believe you're alive. Stay alive and see your doctor more often.

Doing it gradually is a recipe for weakness. If you're gonna do it, go balls out.

As eyebrow-raising as Dan's health revelations were, I was shocked at Jeff's caffeine consumption and his ensuing immunity to it.

Keep yourselves healthy, duders!

As eyebrow-raising as Dan's health revelations were, I was shocked at Jeff's caffeine consumption and his ensuing immunity to it.

Keep yourselves healthy, duders!

The moment he mentioned junior high being the point where things changed, I nodded because this is basically exactly what I went through. It's to a point where coffee is far more narcoleptic to me than it does anything to keep me awake, and soda can flip-flop on its effectiveness on me.

The human body is weird, but it should always be healthy.

ZeroCoin

If there's anything you guys want to say to Dan, do it before it's too late. I guess nobody that frequents the site should be surprised, but somehow he always manages to shock me.

Mupod

Jesus fucking christ how is Dan still alive?

But yeah thanks for the warning about Inside talk. I really need a car stereo with an aux port rather than just playing podcasts off my phone while I drive. Can't fiddle with it which is annoying when I get to a part I want to skip, or when I want to start a new podcast.

It's weird how they casually talk about emulating old games like it's nothing. But why not I guess.

Look at it this way, if anyone bothered to go after them about it...Jeff probably has a copy or three of that game somewhere.

I'm listening now and got to the point where they're talking about tablet PCs. My wife got a tablet/laptop hybrid a couple years ago for about $200 and it works great for low-spec games on the train. I've been playing Stardew Valley on it and it works great. I may end up getting a full laptop later to make work easier, but for now, it's super useful.
Edit: Also, I suspected Dan might be showing signs of diabetes for a while due to his frequent bathroom breaks, but I didn't want to play internet doctor. Stay strong, Dan. Your kidneys and pancreas will thank you.

Zekes!

re: loot boxes, I bought $20-$25 worth of loots boxes in Overwatch and It's still dope getting a new loot box when I level up, and I don't regret the boxes I purchased

kanuuna

What was the name of the artist Brad mentioned in the e-mails when Jeff brought up pop music? I didn't catch it.

J_Viper

That pee talk scared the hell out of me

There are nights were I get up to pee 3-4 times.

I'm 22......

Is it because I drink a lot of water, I refill my bottle about 4 time each gym session and keep water at my desk at all times, or am I already dead?

Ace 8095

That pee talk scared the hell out of me

There are nights were I get up to pee 3-4 times.

I'm 22......

Is it because I drink a lot of water, I refill my bottle about 4 time each gym session and keep water at my desk at all times, or am I already dead?
Why are you drinking so much water? If you're peeing 4 times a night you're clearly hydrated.

Top Bottom