• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb E3 thread

LiK

Alright, I give up. Leigh is annoying and rude as hell. She adds nothing to the coversations. She made me quit the Bombast with her on last year and she's done it again. Bravo.

Edit: disparaging my hometown was also VERY classy.

lljride

I'm finally getting around to listening to this podcast today. No need to rehash any of it, it's all been talked to death, but I'll definitely be ready for a normal bombcast tonight as a palate cleanser.

GB's taste in games is pretty specific, and they tend to talk about those specific games for weeks at a time (see Fallout 3, ME2, Borderlands, RDR, etc). I still love listening to them every week, they're entertaining as hell and have the best rapport in gaming podcasts today, but my tastes in games almost never matches up with theirs.

Anybody have a direct link to the day 3 podcast? I'm on my iPhone and have hours of driving ahead of me, with no access to wifi so I could get it off the store. With a direct link, I can just stream :)

kenta

Has no PEINS
Guy LeDouche said:
Anybody have a direct link to the day 3 podcast? I'm on my iPhone and have hours of driving ahead of me, with no access to wifi so I could get it off the store. With a direct link, I can just stream :)
You can still stream it from the store. Just tap the title of the podcast (aka just to the left of the "free" button) and it will stream over the cell network

Guy LeDouche said:

This is a bad idea. I listened to it on my way home yesterday and felt the urge to swerve into oncoming traffic. It's THAT bad!

StuBurns

Banned
YuriLowell said:
I do enjoy some of the guests on the bombcast, but some of the guests are awful.

SHAME ON SHANE for turning down the bombcast.
He was on a podcast and thanking specific sites for their support of DP, and he did not even mention GiantBomb, thought it was very odd.

StuBurns said:
He was on a podcast and thanking specific sites for their support of DP, and he did not even mention GiantBomb, thought it was very odd.

Hrmm, seems like some tension between Giant Bomb and Man God.

chogidogs

YuriLowell said:
Hrmm, seems like some tension between Giant Bomb and Man God.

he replied to brad's tweet, he said he owed him a podcast and some booze so he'll probably be a guest at the bombcast someday.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finished day 3 and my thoughts haven't changed too much even after Leigh left. Would have been nice, drunk or not, if guests could understand their roles as guests. I felt ryan's frustration the entire 3 hrs with all parties.

The ipad talk was confusing, what the fyck are people playing, including British guy, that makes it such a game-changer in the portable gaming space? Only example that came up was mirrors edge in this cast, besides the argument of having a zillion 'unnamed' dollar games that brit's daughter can leech from daddy's cc... I could not wrap my head around his argument.

As a media device, yes. But at no point is it convincing that one can strip away those aspects of ipad and expect it to flounder as a pure gaming competitor to the ds. Or maybe I am not downloading the right games on my iPhone...possibly because the app store does a poor job of informing me of ds-competitive content that IS available.

But yea bring on the regular bombcast. We still love that!

Giantbomb on their regular casts have the banter thing down pat. Ryan, Vinny, Jeff and Brad are very entertaining to listen to (though I can do without the weekly release schedule, especially the Wiiware and DSiWare), but that last E3 podcast... I wanted to reach through my iPod and punch Leigh in the throat. I mean the whole broadcast was chaotic with bad mic placement, people talking over each other, etc., but Leigh made it UNLISTENABLE. If any of the Giantbomb guys are reading this thread: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, NEVER HAVE THAT SHRILL FOUNTAIN OF INANITY ON THE SHOW AGAIN.

Nintaiyo

Anyone know what's up with the Giant Bomb logo on Ryan's ustream account? Is it a new logo for when they move over to the new office space?

smalls2_120_2181613_giantbomblogowhite_126.jpg

Havok

Whifflebat said:
Giantbomb on their regular casts have the banter thing down pat. Ryan, Vinny, Jeff and Brad are very entertaining to listen to (though I can do without the weekly release schedule, especially the Wiiware and DSiWare), but that last E3 podcast... I wanted to reach through my iPod and punch Leigh in the throat. I mean the whole broadcast was chaotic with bad mic placement, people talking over each other, etc., but Leigh made it UNLISTENABLE. If any of the Giantbomb guys are reading this thread: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, NEVER HAVE THAT SHRILL FOUNTAIN OF INANITY ON THE SHOW AGAIN.
Agreed. The emails section has become shorter and shorter as time has gone one, when it's 'my favorite part of the show,' and it seems like its because the New Releases segment drags with these Wii/DSiware descriptions...of which maybe one per show gets any good material out of, while the rest just get an 'ugh' reaction.

Aaron

Nintaiyo said:
Anyone know what's up with the Giant Bomb logo on Ryan's ustream account? Is it a new logo for when they move over to the new office space?

I like it. It's got old school style. Hope the site gets revamped too to bring it more in line with the newer Whiskey Media sites.

chogidogs

Havok said:
Agreed. The emails section has become shorter and shorter as time has gone one, when it's 'my favorite part of the show,' and it seems like its because the New Releases segment drags with these Wii/DSiware descriptions...of which maybe one per show gets any good material out of, while the rest just get an 'ugh' reaction.

ryan said that the emails segment is getting shorter because fewer and fewer people are sending them emails now. i did my part for the week, you guys should too.

Nert

Posting here to defend the weekly releases segment, as some of the podcast's best material was sparked by that segment. Mommy, Daddy, Sarah and Billy, whack it off the screen, the Saucepan Man, Totally Spies: Totally Party, Pow Block, Anyone? etc. wouldn't have been possible without it.

Havok

Really? I seem to remember him talking somewhere about how they get like a hundred every week. Maybe I'm misremembering. I've certainly sent in stuff that hasn't been read, at least :p

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not against the Wiiware/DSiware segment being there at all. But when half the episodes end with "We're running out of time, I'm gonna have to cut this off here," and if a choice were to be made about cutting down a segment, I'd rather not have it be the emails segment.

LiK

chogidogs said:
ryan said that the emails segment is getting shorter because fewer and fewer people are sending them emails now. i did my part for the week, you guys should too.
I was lucky enough to get two emails read a long time ago but My questions haven't been read since then so I gave up emailing them. Not good enough for Ryan I suppose

Lijik

Havok said:
For the past few weeks they've been blazing through those without a description which makes the segment seem kind of pointless.
Either do it in full, or just cut it out to make room for more material. This half there thing is pretty weak and unenjoyable.

Nizz

LiK said:
Alright, I give up. Leigh is annoying and rude as hell. She adds nothing to the coversations. She made me quit the Bombast with her on last year and she's done it again. Bravo.

Edit: disparaging my hometown was also VERY classy.
I gave up as well, man. I got as far as 1:57 minute mark. I tried but I just couldn't take it anymore. And this is from someone who listens to the Bombcast every single week.

Leigh: "I want to hear your opinions on Kinect"
Ryan: *Begins discussing his likes/dislikes*
Leigh: *The first of many interruptions, talking louder and louder*

That's what it felt like to me. I really wanted to listen to the whole show but she just made it unbearable. That's two years she's made a Bombcast episode difficult for me to listen to. I wonder if she'll be back for round three?

jesusfacepalm.png

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Or maybe I am not downloading the right games on my iPhone...possibly because the app store does a poor job of informing me of ds-competitive content that IS available.
I'm with ya. There are definitely some great iPhone games out there that stand up to DS games (Super QuickHook, Edge, Espgaluda 2, Chaos Rings, Hector Badge of Courage, and Rolando 2 to name a few), but most of them really don't stack up. Same deal on the iPad. Even games like Mirrors Edge (which I like) feel hamstrung by the hardware (framerate isn't solid and geometry would be considered meager even on a Dreamcast).

Just getting around to listen to day three, and fuck me this Leigh bitch is one of the most annoying people i've ever heard. I haven't missed a Bombcast since I started over a year ago but I don't think I can make it through this mess.

Day two's podcast was amazing. It sucks to think that Johnny kept apologizing all the time when there are dumb bitches like Leigh that get air time. No one better put Johnny V in the same category with that loud mouth attention seeking whore.

mittelos

^ Pretty much what I got out of it. Could have done without her, but it wasn't "unbearable" and I never felt the urge to quit listening.

Poyunch

Blueblur1 said:
Leigh was all right. She got loud and annoying at times but nothing to melt down on an internet message board about.
This. Except I do agree the "Fuck Boston" got out of hand and became annoying. And the interrupting was pretty annoying but it wasn't that bad.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just got threw listening to it myself :lol

Certainly a trainwreck but by no means unlistenable. In fact, I'm rather entertained.

TwiztidElf

I got done listening to this podcast today, the only thing I could think was this Leigh Alexander must be a freaking stunner for the GB guys to put up with all that shit.

So I looked her up and ACK! Why GB? Why?
At least they owned her good plenty of times, particularly the 775million stupidity.

Denzar

Nintaiyo said:

Looks very cool. Better than the current logo (which I dislike).

Hope it's part of a revamp!

Top Bottom