• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gilbert gottfried amazing colossal podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperXL7

So I have followed Gottfried'ss career for a long time, I think the first time I was introduced to him was when he was on Thicke of the Night and pretty much no matter what he's always been able to make me laugh.
weirdal-gottfried.jpg

He's been doing this podcast called The Amazing Colossal Podcast and he interviews a pretty wide range of actors/comedians/etc including people like Bob Costas, Jud Apatow , Kelly Carlin, Chevy Chase and almost the entire main cast of the Adam West Batman series.

It's pretty amazing to me the stories he is able to get people to tell him on the show but I love situations in which actors and directors are able to just relax and just shoot the shit especially many of the older guests who have experienced a lot of interesting stuff as the medium has grown. In one of his most recent episodes Pat Cooper ( Pasquale Caputo) basically spends the entire thing blasting old Hollywood and you can really tell the guy has no fucks left to give but it's hilarious.

I'll warn upfront that if your easily offended this probably wont be something you'll want to listen to as Gottfried's never been one to pause for taste but that's one of the reasons I enjoy his comedy as much as I do.

http://www.gilbertpodcast.com/

Itunes

I'm not sure if anyone else here listens to the Podcast but if not I thought I'd share as I'm always fascinated by avenues in which people like many of the guests he has can share stories from their careers.

DiscoJer

I always liked him from USA's Up All Night, which was basically old movies and he would be a host making jokes when they came back from commercial breaks.

Lothar

Banned
I love Gilbert on Stern. I have every appearance he's ever done on my phone and I listen to it in my car on the way to and from work. Each one is hilarious. Haven't heard too many of his podcasts though, maybe because I don't know most of the people he's interviewing. All of the ones with Artie are fantastic of course. I assume they're the best.

I'm going to listen to the Cooper one tomorrow.

obin_gam

He visited Comedy Bang Bang a couple of months ago. What an utterly obnoxious and unfunny person he seems to be.

He just shouts. I don't get the funny. Can someone explain?

ReaperXL7

I always liked him from USA's Up All Night, which was basically old movies and he would be a host making jokes when they came back from commercial breaks.

Yeah, one the episodes I enjoyed was when he got Rhonda Shear (who was one of the co-hosts) on. I've always had a great love of old b films so Up all Night was something I watched a lot of.

I love Gilbert on Stern. I have every appearance he's ever done on my phone and I listen to it in my car on the way to and from work. Each one is hilarious. Haven't heard too many of his podcasts though, maybe because I don't know most of the people he's interviewing. All of the ones with Artie are fantastic of course. I assume they're the best.

I'm going to listen to the Cooper one tomorrow.

I can understand that, some of the people he's interviewed I didn't think I knew who they were but once I saw pictures it turned out I had seen a lot of the films they have been in. I think that's pretty common for a lot of character actors who you know their face but not always their name. Still, even the people I didn't know I often find the stories they tell to be really interesting.

He had Gianni Russo on the second episode which is the man who played Carlo in the Godfather and while the guy is pretty rough hearing him talk about mob hits, and a story about a threesome between him, Liza Minnelli and some girl from Vegas was fascinating, as well as all the Anecdotes from the Godfather.

I also thought his conversations with Chevy Chase and Kelly Carlin (George Carlins daughter) were great listens.

He is the guy who made the aristocrats joke?

Yeah, he's nowhere near the first person to tell the aristocrats joke (its different between everyone who tells it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats

but he's probably one of the people who is most responsible for making it famous.

Yeah, he's nowhere near the first person to tell the aristocrats joke (its different between everyone who tells it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats

but he's probably one of the people who is most responsible for making it famous.

Ahhh, yes. HAHAHA.

I sometimes mix Glibert Gottfried up with Bobcat Goldwraith. They both have unique voices and really fun personas.
Fuck, Did any of you see God bless America?

Also chris tucker. These oddball people. I really appreciate them.<3

geomon

Oh I have got to hear this shit. I didn't even know he was doing a podcast. Any other celebs doing podcasts out there?

ReAxion

I like him, but he's got a problem carrying bits a little too far and not letting things breathe enough before he's doing a callback to them. Can only handle that in small doses.

Arkeband

Banned
He visited Comedy Bang Bang a couple of months ago. What an utterly obnoxious and unfunny person he seems to be.

He just shouts. I don't get the funny. Can someone explain?

Comedic timing, tenure in the industry, legitimately funny jokes.

Sometimes being obnoxious/crass is also funny when it gets on the nerves of other people.

Look up "Gilbert Dice Gottfried" from Stern's show and you might understand, if you understand what he's parodying.

Comedy Bang Bang is like a less funny, sanitized version of Tim and Eric, so I can imagine him being an incredibly ill fit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom