• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl Scout sets new sells record for cookies. Moved more weight than Rick Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ahoma-girl-scout-record-cookie-sales/6847913/

For one Oklahoma Girl Scout, selling cookies is serious business.

Katie Francis,12, laid claim to a new national cookie-selling record with 18,107 boxes on Sunday night.

Since then, she's raised the bar to aim for a personal record of 20,000 boxes by the end of March. She hopes to sell 100,000 boxes during her overall Girl Scout career, her mom DeLee Francis told USA TODAY Network.

"She's such a go-getter. She works countless hours," DeLee said. In 2013 and 2012, Katie held the state record for cookie sales. The sixth-grader felt it was a natural progression to go for a bigger goal this year.

Her recipe for success? Time. Commitment. And asking everyone she sees to buy a box. "Cookie selling is a lot of fun and I really enjoy doing it," Katie told USA TODAY Network. "I felt really happy that I could do anything because I accomplished such a huge goal."

Since the start of the cookie-selling season this winter, Katie's schedule has included selling, selling and more selling — from when she gets out of school until about 9:30 p.m. on weeknights and 12-13 hours on weekends, she said.

"When I get so many compliments, it just helps me to keep on going," Katie said. She added that the venture has taught her business and money management skills.

And what cookie is the top seller? Thin Mints, hands down, her mom says. "They stand out by a pretty large percentage. Samoas are a definite second."

Katie and DeLee did some research to find that the previous national record was held by Elizabeth Brinton. Brinton sold about 18,000 in one year in the 1980s and 100,000 boxes over her career as a Girl Scout.

Jaimie Siegal, director of marketing and communications at Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma, told ABC News that the organization wants to wait until the selling period is over on March 30 to talk about Francis' claim.

I don't mess with them since they canceled Chalets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They strong arm you by having cute kids offering you cookies. You feel like a monster for telling them no. Salvation Army needs to learn from them.

All units to base, prepare for Oklahoma relocation. I repeat, all units prepare for Oklahoma relocation, some people in West Oklahoma really like Girl Scout cookies.

The above post describes how moe works.

Slayven

They strong arm you by having cute kids offering you cookies. You feel like a monster for telling them no. Salvation Army needs to learn from them.

I get more feels from seeing the sad person ringing that bell than little kids. Little kids talk too much shit

Serra

Im gonna go ahead and assume that her mom/dad are pushing her hard to sell the fuck outta those cookies.

1395709441000-AP-Record-Cookie-Seller.jpg

Katie Francis "Frank" White

moving that white girl

that snow

whip it real hard
whip it whip it real hard

she got packs to move

etc. etc.

slit

Man they're all over the place around where I live. Stay away from me, I don't eat sugar anymore!!!!!

braves01

Banned
Shouldn't she be spending more time on school work? I don't see how that's possible when you're moving weight until 9:30 each night, even for just a sixth grade workload.

I bought like 5 boxes this year.

I was walking out of a von's and there they were, looking so damn adorable. They started bombarding me, so I walked over

Shouldn't she be spending more time on school work? I don't see how that's possible when you're moving weight until 9:30 each night, even for just a sixth grade workload.

well, if she's going for sales as a career, "World record holder for girl scout cookie sales" is a hell of a bullet point on a resume.

JCX

Looks like the free market has spoken, and it has declared Thin Mints to be the best girl scout cookie, but we already knew that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I smell a pyramid scheme

Oh wait that's just Samoas

I'm still not convinced that the selling of girl scouts isn't just a giant money laundering scheme for a drug racket

I have no evidence to prove this except that I'm almost positive Thin Mints contain cocaine

terrisus

They strong arm you by having cute kids offering you cookies. You feel like a monster for telling them no.

Maybe you do.
I'll just buy some cheap cookies inside of the grocery store, as opposed to be gouged by a Girl Scout outside of the store.

EDIT: Also, who's Rick Ross?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom