• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glenn Beck on Anderson Cooper goes in Bannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn Beck talking about Bannon and nationalism, linking him to Alexander Dugin and Putin

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...gn=Feed:+rss/cnn_freevideo+(RSS:+CNN+-+Video)

Glenn Beck joins CNN's Anderson Cooper to discuss Steve Bannon and what Beck claims are conservatives turning a blind eye to the Trump administration's aims.

Video snips from @AC360

https://twitter.com/ac360/status/834940613644668929

https://twitter.com/ac360/status/834942401663889411

https://twitter.com/ac360/status/834943127626649600

rjinaz

My mind went places it can never come back from OP.

I still can't figure out what game Beck is playing at this point.

NYR

Beck is a massive Bannon critic and has been for awhile. Keep in mind Bannon was one of his primary competitors, Beck owns TheBlaze whereas Bannon was at Breitbart, so the animosity is natural.

gfxtwin

I get the impression Beck would fit right in at an illuminati country club party with Trump and Bannon and he's only speaking out against them because they aren't waspy enough, but lets see where he's going with this I suppose.

Toxi

Banned
Something something liberal purity tests

Also, that title mistake is very appropriate. Though I think it would be the other way around.

And yet he still runs and is chief editor of D-grade Breitbart in The Blaze.

Yeah no, fuck off Glenn, just cause he's right, doesn't mean he's not still a douche.

devilhawk

Can someone explain the Dugin/4th political theory concepts?

Wiki wasn't much help saying he's fascist but also not fascist, communist, or liberal democratic.

Tarydax

Banned
Fuck Glenn Beck. He's part of the reason Bannon got to where he did. Beck's animosity stems not from Bannon's nationalist conservative ideology, but from the fact that Bannon is a competitor. If you take all of Beck's and Bannon's ideas and put them side by side, it turns out that they're not all that different.

Beck is a piece of shit opportunist. Fight it all you want, dickhead, you helped all this happen.

Made me sick that the church I volunteer at invited him as a special guest last year. I really don't think I can go there anymore for hiring such two faced scum.

Breads

Banned
My mind went places it can never come back from OP.

I still can't figure out what game Beck is playing at this point.

That's what happens when a talking head's views aren't based on a foundation of principles but instead is trying to stay ahead of populist fervor.

I would say that he has no long game. He is just a piece of shit who will say anything he thinks will get him paid the most.

Beck namedrops Dugin and then says he's an advisor to Trump, which is BS. Dugin is a fan of Trump, for sure, but not an advisor. But Beck is right in his assessment of "traditional values" being a stand-in for far-right cultural/ethnic politics.

Sounds like Beck doesn't know what Bannon wants to do after burning everything down, either. I wonder if even Bannon knows.

But in the end, I think Beck is using this stew to promote himself, as usual.

Jacob

Can someone explain the Dugin/4th political theory concepts?

Wiki wasn't much help saying he's fascist but also not fascist, communist, or liberal democratic.

Dugin is a fascist and an open admirer of the Nazis. The "fourth theory" rhetoric is just a new incarnation of the old "Third Position" rebranding attempt.

ScribbleD

Beck is the last person I would have expected to try to turn over a new leaf. Hopefully it's even a somewhat sincere attempt. He can't backpedal on all the ugly things he's said and done, but if he earnestly regrets his actions and tries to balance that with some good, then I'm all for it. That feels hopelessly naive given it's still Glenn Beck, but I'll wait and see.

Gun Animal

Beck is the last person I would have expected to try to turn over a new leaf. Hopefully it's even a somewhat sincere attempt. He can't backpedal on all the ugly things he's said and done, but if he earnestly regrets his actions and tries to balance that with some good, then I'm all for it. That feels hopelessly naive given it's still Glenn Beck, but I'll wait and see.

Glenn Beck has always been part of the anti-idpol libertarian right. His contempt for Bannon and Trump is consistent with the views he's always had.

Dugin is a fascist and an open admirer of the Nazis. The "fourth theory" rhetoric is just a new incarnation of the old "Third Position" rebranding attempt.

Slightly off-topic but

Cover_of_The_Fourth_Political_Theory.png

I'm really enjoying the idea of a $ representing Liberal Democracy.

Beck is prepping to find more work since gold has tanked.

In all seriousness though Bannon and Trump don't align with his newfound super uber religious views and prepper mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom