• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gmail: Finally POP access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
xsarien said:
Finally? It's been available for at least a month.

^^^^What xsarien said... where have you been? IIRC Pop access have been available since sometime 4th quarter last year... because I was attempting to link my tmobile phone to it.

Malakhov

Banned
I'd like to use thunderbird but I can't access my hotmail accounts with it so I'd need to switch to gmail. Can anyone send me an invite or 2 my way? I've got 2 hotmail accounts I'd like to transfer into gmail accounts. Thanks!

Macam

Banned
This has been available for ages now. Matter of fact, I set this up about a month after I got my Gmail account last year and I've never had to visit GMail's site again.

Macam

Banned
lockii said:
What's the point of webmail when you're gonna use POP3? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Kinda. It does have two benefits though: you can use Gmail as an alias e-mail address and you can still take advantage of their crazy attachment restrictions if you ever need to. Also, women love men with lots of Gmail invites.

Advantages of using it as POP? Well, first of all, there's the obvious web-mail advantages of also being able to access your mail away from home. I also use the Gmail notifier which notifies me when I receive an email along with who it's from, what the subject is, etc. so that I don't have to open my mailbox unless I want to read it right now. I also have it set up so that when I delete the mail from my inbox it's automatically archived. This way you have no email on your hard-drive but have it all backed up on Google's servers and can search through it using their system. Basically, best of both worlds in all categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom