• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GreedFall II Early Access Roadmap Revealed

Dazraell

24e5d9716098e0f771d10f4dc1b19d2372fdd80d.jpg

Spiders posted a proper roadmap for GreedFall II: The Dying World early access. The game will initially launch only on Steam, and they're planning to bring it for more platforms on full release.

Devs also provided a lengthy FAQ and 50+ minutes long video explaining their approach and reasons behind the Early Access launch

Denton

I get that they want to follow the early access success of BG3, but just like with BG3, I will wait until it's finished.

Hell, BG3 still wasn't finished when I played it after 1.0 release, it was missing proper epilogue which only got added after I finished it, and I still haven't seen it..

Reactions: Isa

PanzerCute

I hate early access 😱
They said the game was extremely ambitious for them and they change quite a lot of systems so they decided to use EA to get feedbacks and see if they were foing in the right direction. I was disappointed too, but I think its a good call in the end. They are a very small studio and I get they dont want to fail on such a big project.

Personally I will wait for the full release but will buy it day one whatever happens. Greedfall is probably my favorite AA western Rpg ever and I also loved Steelrising and Technomancer from these guys.

Their games have low budget but they ooze with passion and talent.

Last edited:

intbal

I wanted to like the first but those controls were more jank than rdr2
Same for me.
When I bought the game, I was still on Xbox One X. The input latency at 30fps made combat too sluggish.
I gave up after a few hours.
They patched it to 60fps for PS5/XSX, though. Maybe I should give it another shot now.

stn

Definitely buying this one on release. The first was very solid and a nice surprise. It had some jank but it was still worth the price (I got it on sale but I liked it enough to pay full price).

Same for me.
When I bought the game, I was still on Xbox One X. The input latency at 30fps made combat too sluggish.
I gave up after a few hours.
They patched it to 60fps for PS5/XSX, though. Maybe I should give it another shot
I tried on series X and it still sucked. Maybe that was before the patch idk

Top Bottom