• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Underwhelms on PC; Peaked At 7K Steam Players In Early Access

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In a completely unrelated note...

LTFpjXK.jpg

So it's not like steam users arnt buying new games today. Just wait until tommorow when Persona 3 pops up alongside it...

Last edited:
Western woke / GAAS gaming is dying and this is good news for gamers. It's such a wasted opportunity. I would have gladly bought a proprer Batman Arckham Asylum remaster and playable finally at 60fps on consoles.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Wait the game isn't really out yet? lol we can't wait for it to really fail now?

kyussman

I've been watching someone play this,and good lord.....all that time since Arkham Knight for this......it's like the most GAAS game ever with the added delight of super annoying characters.I guess when they started development it felt like a good idea.....it should be the poster boy for games made to extract more money from it's players.....and it's going to fail and fail hard,I doubt this will survive as long as Avengers did.....glorious!

Kadve

This game is getting more threads than Palworld
It must be a better game, More threads=better game.
"No such thing as Bad publicity" only works if the product is good, or at least so bad its good. This game qualifies for neither so the publicity is working against it.

Kadve

This is all on WB trying to push Suicide Squad on us when the masses dont really give a crap.

No one will ever convince me that the makers of the Arkham trilogy actually wanted to make a freaking Suicide Squad gaas game lol.
lets not be hasty pointing fingers here. Remember how everyone thought Anthem was something forced upon Bioware by EA when they actually had very little to do with it.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
WB's big game from last year (Hogwart's Legacy) had almost 500k concurrent players in Steam during early access.
It can give a general look at a game's popularity.
I don't think it's the same thing at all. Harry Potter is one of the biggest literary franchises in history and is a treasured part of childhood memories of many millions of people. Suicide Squad isn't much more than a footnote in DC fandom. The popularity of the source material played more of a role in Hogwarts' success than the actual quality of the game.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Also, unrelated but oof at that review score for Granblue.
I know right, it's essentially a super shitty console port, with terrible localisation adding weird slang to certain characters to match the eng dub vs the original lines, so lots said in Japanese that matches nothing in screen.

Sadly not an ideal first impression with all the crashes (lots and lots, DO NOT play in borderless window), locking online to regions with no way to switch them, no crossplay and no ultrawide support. PC expect better.

Steam reviews reflects the product, not the game, it seems fair.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I know right, it's essentially a super shitty console port, with terrible localisation adding weird slang to certain characters to match the eng dub vs the original lines, so lots said in Japanese that matches nothing in screen.

Sadly not an ideal first impression with all the crashes, locking online to regions with no way to switch them, no crossplay and no ultrawide support. PC expect better.
Yep, and tomorrow P3 is out so that’s two great RPGs with great performance on PC to compete with between Infinite Wealth and Persona.

Jayjayhd34

Weird radbrad had nearly 500k views when watching stream maybe it do better at proper launch I mean 100 dollars is steep for two days early success.

Top Bottom