• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Underwhelms on PC; Peaked At 7K Steam Players In Early Access

Draugoth

Gold Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

• Suicide Squad has been in early access for nearly two days.
  • The game has peaked at just 7,152 players on Steam.
  • This peak is much lower than Gotham Knights and Batman Arkham Knight’s highest player counts at launch.
Suicide Squad has already been out for around two days. Players who purchased the $100 deluxe edition have access to the game, with many even completing it in around 9 hours. On Steam, the game’s early launch has been quite disappointing. Suicide Squad has peaked at just 7K concurrent players on the platform.

Suicide-Squad-Steam-Count.jpg

Currently, the game is locked behind a nearly $100 deluxe edition, which may have limited its potential player base. Everyone else can jump into Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League from 2 February.

Source

Stuart360

It doesnt sound great but this is early access for people that bought the Deluxe Edition, which i would guess is only a tiny percentage. Its also releasing at a bad time with Palworld and Enshrouded eating up millions of people.
Which is also why its a bit silly to compare to Gotham Knights and Arkham Knight, 2 games that didnt have early access.

Still it looks like this is going to only do decent at best and flop at worst.

Freeman76

Good, people are sick of these type of GaaS cash ins and finally start voting with their wallets. Hopefully this might send a bat signal to other companies hoping to cash in on the latest fad 5 years too late.

Stuart360

rocksteady suicide squad lol, they are on a countdown till studio shut down.
Which sucks for such a great studio.
This is all on WB trying to push Suicide Squad on us when the masses dont really give a crap.

No one will ever convince me that the makers of the Arkham trilogy actually wanted to make a freaking Suicide Squad gaas game lol.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

How many of them are review outlets that didn’t get any codes and therefore have to buy the game early access to get the reviews out for clicks...

EDMIX

This is all on WB trying to push Suicide Squad on us when the masses dont really give a crap.

No one will ever convince me that the makers of the Arkham trilogy actually wanted to make a freaking Suicide Squad gaas game lol.

Well, I think the real issue is with GaaS, in fact I don't even know that anyone would have even avoided this so much if it was just a single player only game.

It’s so sad to see Rocksteady of all studios fall into this horrible trap of shoe-horning their games into trend-chasing GaaS bullshit. We waited 8 years for this? Gross.

Last edited:

YuLY

Are we sure this is the same studio that brought up Arkham Asylum and City back in 2009 and 2011 though ? or are they Rocksteady just in name. It has been 9 years since Arkham Knight, their last game. This is the problem with most of these studios, they are only as good as some of the key staff members that are talented and make the great decisions, if they are no longer there, it is that studio just in name only. Anyone can hire some woke writers and mercenary programmers. Main issue with current Obsidian, Blizzard etc etc.

Fake

The year not even started and we got a bunch of layoffs and close companies.

2024 is litelary telling us 'no more mistakes'.

What a big brain move launching a game like that in the year like that.

AREYOUOKAY?

part of WB's plan to destroy the DC franchise
Hands over the comic industry to Japan with manga constantly outselling everything.
Hands over the movie industry to their rival Marvel and they still don't have anything to combat it.
Ruin their own video games?

Just what is the next step of their master plan?

iAFMFJm.jpg

Last edited:

DanielG165

The game is staggeringly awful. Batman Arkham Videos’ play through of it couldn’t even make me the least bit interested, and he’s THE Arkham channel. I genuinely hope that Rocksteady goes through a ton of meaningful improvements internally after Suicide Squad, because this is an absolute stinker of a product.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The game is staggeringly awful. Batman Arkham Videos’ play through of it couldn’t even make me the least bit interested, and he’s THE Arkham channel. I genuinely hope that Rocksteady goes through a ton of meaningful improvements internally after Suicide Squad, because this is an absolute stinker of a product.
Definitely not my kind of game, so I'd never play it. But going by the leaked videos the cut scenes look really good. Any cinematic fan will surely enjoy the tons of quality cut scenes. I liked them and I typically hate cut scenes and mash the X button to skip them. But even I watched some of them to see what crazy shit happens. It's like me playing old God of War games on PS2. Not a lot of games I'll watch a cut scene, but I'll stick around to see what Krazy Kratos does.

Madflavor

The OTs on forums and the Subreddit are just sad to watch. It's that same old tale of a bunch of people who were excited for the game since it's announcement, preordered it, and are now coping and convincing themselves the game isn't doo doo butter. It happened a few months ago with Starfield.

Ywap

The OTs on forums and the Subreddit are just sad to watch. It's that same old tale of a bunch of people who were excited for the game since it's announcement, preordered it, and are now coping and convincing themselves the game isn't doo doo butter. It happened a few months ago with Starfield.
One might suspect some employees + their friends and relatives are doing some damage control as well. After all, some posters here have confirmed "second coming" level of awesomeness 🤣

Hero_Select

i wanted to play this but i think i'll pass entirely. those boss fights just look really boring and the lack of enemy variety doesnt help

EDMIX

What a waste. At least We'll always have the Arkham Trilogy. RIP Rocksteady
True, but I don't think the teams dead.

Sure, 2 flops imho isn't enough to kill a team. Some times a game flops, its ok. The tech in it is impressive and the quality is top notch, but with it being a GaaS title and all the issues surrounding the game, I blame WB more then I'd ever blame the team.

Let em move on back to Batman, give us a Batman Hush game or Batman Beyond or some shit and move on. I'm sure most will be completely open to what they make next as I don't know if this game alone is enough to really define them.

7000 people really spending 100$ on this is already shocking. This game will be 50% off in like 2 months.
Gotham Knights took only three weeks to have 50% off sales. I'll be shocked if this takes longer than that. As a GaaS title, those player engagement numbers are everything. If they aren't getting the player numbers they'll lower the price to try and boost them

Top Bottom