• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

Chettlar

Banned
GuBpPRL.png

Welcome to official NeoGAF thread for Goat Simulator 2014! I hope you like goats!

Steam Page said:
Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history.

Nujmknw.png

Platform(s)

PC (via Steam or directly from the website)*
Cost: $9.99 USD

System requirements suggest having 2GBs free on your harddrive. The game is
a little over 1GB total size according to a few GAFfers.

*UPDATE: Good news:

Release day patches:
•Added more goats.
•Added more goatiness to the map.
•Added and fixed achievements.
•Increased the simulation realism by 25%.
•Goat tongue realism increased by an additional 25%.
•NPCs are now fully self aware and often ponder the meaning of life.
•Added and removed profanity filter.
•Flappy Goat hitbox unchanged.
•Probably added some bugs.
•Probably broke some workshop items.
•Sheep are not goats.
•Made a GUI in visual basic to track the assailants ip address.

Release date(s)

March 28 (upon preorder only)
April 1st (standard release date)

Check out the game's Official Website.

A26Lb6U.png

Features (Source: Official Website)

• You can be a goat
  • Get points for wrecking stuff - brag to your friends that you're the alpha goat
  • Steam Workshop support - make your own goats, levels, missions, game modes, and more!
  • MILLIONS OF BUGS! We're only eliminating the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious and we're keeping it
  • In-game physics that spazz out all the time
  • Seriously look at that goat's neck
  • You can be a goat

Q&A (Source: Official Website)

Q: bro are u srs

A: Yes.

Q: Mac/Linux?

A: We don’t have any plans for Mac/Linux support at this time, but if it’s requested a lot, we might add it after release.

Q: Can we monetize off of gameplay videos we make on youtube/twitch?

A: Yes, just as long as you give credit to us for the game, you may get as rich as you want through gameplay videos, reviews, previews and the like.

Q: Does a Goat Simulator really need a wiki?

A: Goats are more complex than you think: link

Q: Will there be multiplayer?

A: Sadly there will be no multiplayer, we are using NVIDIA PhysX and Apex for our in-game physics, which gives us amazing and realistic physics, but it would synchronise terribly in multiplayer. With multiplayer, we'd have to remove 90% of the physics, all destructible objects and a lot of our favorite features.

UPDATE:
Some guy is adding multiplayer to this beautiful masterpiece.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265930/discussions/0/540737414723979686/

System Requirements

Minimum:
OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, Windows 8
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or equal at 1.6GHz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c-compatible, SM 3.0-compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible, 16-bit

Recommended:
Processor: QuadCore 2.0 GHz +
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c-compatible, SM 3.0-compatible, 512MB VRAM+; NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible, 16-bit

k8g8PAY.png

Trailers:

Preorder Trailer

Launch Trailer

Pictures:

A few more at IGN.

uCudQEE.png

Professional Reviews are currently unavailable. Please PM me when they are. Thanks!

For the moment, here are some Steam Reviews:

This game has fully trained and prepared me and I feel that I am now ready for my new life of pursuing a career as a full time goat.

Words cannot express how I feel about this game.

Simply the best goat simulator available on the market right now. Experience an average day in the life of a goat with next-gen graphics, realistic physics, a superb narrative and cutting edge sound. Initially developed as a training tool for SOF forces around the world, Goat Simulator aims to provide a gritty, heavy, hardcore experience where players are forced to adapt in order to survive.

GOATY 12/10

Throughout my entire life, friends, family, teachers and doctors told me I would never goat. Well look at me now. 10/10

There are two types of people, Goats and Sheep. Sheep don't buy this game, do you wanna be a sheep?

This game gave me PhD in Physics.

So look at this, trying to write a serious review for a game like this :p honestly I wasn't expecting much because I've had some bad experiences with "games that were made in a short time" but this game is actually pretty detailed and fun!!! In-game objectives are constantly making me discover new things, and boy the Easter eggs themselves are more than enough to keep my interest for way longer.

The controls are actually pretty good haha, you can do a multitude of things like headbutt and find special items in-game to gain special abilities (become a tank shooting baseballs or summon peasant goats when you become king goat...) Overall this game is really a lot of fun, and not just because of the silliness haha~!

UPDATE:

Press-Start No Score Given
The ultimate goat simulation game. Flight Simulator taught me how to fly commercial airplanes when I was young, and Goat Simulator has taught me how to become the alpha goat. (Seriously…wait til it’s like a dollar on sale. Or go watch a YouTube video of it).

Saving Content 2/5
The parody and satirical nature of Goat Simulator is admirable. It’s a riot to play, watch other people play, and is a lot of fun – yes. However, the novelty wears off quickly and once you’ve completed the game’s quests, it becomes up to you in what and how you do things. The longevity of the game remains to be seen, as there is built-in Steam Workshop support that could provide the game’s legs that it sorely needs. Until then, Goat Simulator is not much more than a one-liner joke that isn’t worth the price of admission to this comedy club.

IGN 8/10
Goat Simulator isn’t much of a game, but it’s a hell of a good time. The small but dense map is packed with tons of jokes and bugs that should be seen rather than talked about, and there’s at least a few hours’ worth of entertainment in goofing around with the jetpack alone. It’s a clever interactive spoof of all the broken game physics we’ve seen in open worlds – almost like a greatest hits album of all the ridiculous bugs that pop up in serious games like Skyrim or Assassin’s Creed, except embraced and celebrated in a world that’s made to be broken.

ICPQNeJ.png

My first OT guys. Don't hurt me. :) Anything you want me to add or fix. Say down bellow or shoot me a PM.

Chettlar

Banned
I wasn't even going to buy the game, but after having decided to do the OT literally about 20 minutes ago....I think I just might.

Mathezar

Looks like the 'parody game' genre emerges...

That feature list gave me a good laugh though! At lease you'll know what to expect...

Chettlar

Banned
What if I'm already a goat? Goat Simulator Simulator?

Well then this game is like most games where you play as a human for humans I guess.

I mean, you're getting to realize your power fantasies, it would appear. I mean, that's what they said.

I'm looking forward to seeing this masterpiece in the high-res PC screenshots thread!

Oo, hadn't thought of that. I should do that if I can manage to pick it up.

Is there any objective or do you just run around and destroy stuff?

I could see some good stuff eventually coming to the Workshop for this.

Is there any objective or do you just run around and destroy stuff?

I could see some good stuff eventually coming to the Workshop for this.

From what i remember the devs put out a video of their physics sandbox with crazy goat and people shouted "Want!" and the devs laughed and people shouted "No, Really. We want it!" and the devs chuckled and said "Why the hell not? You're all crazy!" and here we are.

It's a goat based physics sandbox with steam workshop integration and bugs, lot's of them.
I honestly can't wait.

edit: Forgot to say that the aim is destruction and chaos and hilarity but there are goals and missions and more can be added by the community. If this game actually works on my machine, bugs & bugs & bugs remember, then my weekend is goaty.

Blizzard

Banned
From what i remember the devs put out a video of their physics sandbox with crazy goat and people shouted "Want!" and the devs laughed and people shouted "No, Really. We want it!" and the devs chuckled and said "Why the hell not? You're all crazy!" and here we are.

It's a goat based physics sandbox with steam workshop integration and bugs, lot's of them.
I honestly can't wait.

edit: Forgot to say that the aim is destruction and chaos and hilarity but there are goals and missions and more can be added by the community. If this game actually works on my machine, bugs & bugs & bugs remember, then my weekend is goaty.
Yep, adding workshop support to this off the bat is genius, since people can presumably add mods to MAKE content if it's not already there, while keeping the snowball internet popularity going.

Bricky

This game is going to be huge on Let's Play channels all across YouTube once it releases. I can already sense the thousands of PewDiePie-clones desperately making up funny video titles and photoshopping thumbnails of them overacting while masturbating about the millions of views they will get.

That aside, the fact they actually went ahead and are about to release a full game on Steam based on that buggy prototype they had is amazing. Truly the GOAT of goat simulators.

Top Bottom