• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Tizoc

GOG is not opening
WHen I go to gog.com
I just get text
JUST TEXT NO IMAGES OR ANYTHING
is this happening to anyone else? I wanted to get Odallus along with any other new release or discount that would interest me and now the website is gone to shit for more than a day now, wtf is this?

Persona7

Banned
GOG is not opening
WHen I go to gog.com
I just get text
JUST TEXT NO IMAGES OR ANYTHING
is this happening to anyone else? I wanted to get Odallus along with any other new release or discount that would interest me and now the website is gone to shit for more than a day now, wtf is this?

Did you try loading it with your browser add-ons disabled? or maybe try changing your DNS servers?

Tizoc

Did you try loading it with your browser add-ons disabled? or maybe try changing your DNS servers?

How do I do the latter? The former didn't work if I try it on IE =_=
This is what happens whenever I attempt to go to gog.com's main page
CLi6YDi.png

Persona7

Banned
How do I do the latter? The former didn't work if I try it on IE =_=
This is what happens whenever I attempt to go to gog.com's main page

try clicking these links from the main page and tell me what happens

https://www4-static1.gog.com/css/e123b4c-41d7af8.css

http://images-1.gog.com/a81dbc27c1b9377b18a9818c7a0a018f4970f6511b0e8386eeaabe0c84759cac_bg_1366.jpg

http://images-1.gog.com/a81dbc27c1b9377b18a9818c7a0a018f4970f6511b0e8386eeaabe0c84759cac_bg_480.jpg

https://www.gog.com/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png

It looks like something is blocking certain parts of the site. Usually that is caused by add-ons or maybe some type of software installed on your PC.

Anyway, here is a guide for changing your DNS servers. Worth a try too.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Tizoc

try clicking these links from the main page and tell me what happens

https://www4-static1.gog.com/css/e123b4c-41d7af8.css

http://images-1.gog.com/a81dbc27c1b9377b18a9818c7a0a018f4970f6511b0e8386eeaabe0c84759cac_bg_1366.jpg

http://images-1.gog.com/a81dbc27c1b9377b18a9818c7a0a018f4970f6511b0e8386eeaabe0c84759cac_bg_480.jpg

https://www.gog.com/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png

It looks like something is blocking certain parts of the site. Usually that is caused by add-ons or maybe some type of software installed on your PC.

Anyway, here is a guide for changing your DNS servers. Worth a try too.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

EDIT: Oh thank god the Opendns thing fixed it! Thanks mate.

Tizoc

Currently considering from this new sale
Total Overdose
Gex 1
Pandemonium 1 and 2
How're their PC performance?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, pretty excellent week. The more major games we see get drm-free releases, the better things are gonna get going forward.

Bl@de

Dying Light is not available anymore for german IPs. Can't add it to my cart, can't find it in the store, can't buy. Not even with a VPN

giphy.gif

Bl@de

Did you try to delete your cookies and change your country in your account settings?

Yes to everything (including galaxy client) except the cookies

Edit: aaaand it works. Cookies were the problem^^ GOG isn't that easy when it comes to region switching like Steam. But you can still get it. Question is ... Will GOG remove it from your library if you log-in without a VPN? Would be nice to know if someone from Germany buys the game via VPN.

Danny Dudekisser

Yes to everything (including galaxy client) except the cookies

Edit: aaaand it works. Cookies were the problem^^ GOG isn't that easy when it comes to region switching like Steam. But you can still get it. Question is ... Will GOG remove it from your library if you log-in without a VPN? Would be nice to know if someone from Germany buys the game via VPN.

I think it was confirmed in the forums that once you have it, you have it for good. They can't just go in and remove shit you bought.

Catshade

Insomnia sale is BAACK! There's also a random free game after you buy a certain amount of games:

You'll earn free games while making purchases during the sale. Your first free game is unlocked after purchasing 10 games. From that point on, the number of purchases required will go down with every game you unlock.For example: after these 10 initial purchases and your first freebie, you will need to buy 9 more games to unlock your second free game, 8 for the third, 7 for the fourth and so on until you receive one free game for every 5 purchases.When you purchase a bundle with multiple games, each one will count towards your next free game.Keep in mind that the stock of free games is limited. However unlikely, it's possible they may run out. Additionally, only games that are part of the Insomnia Sale lineup count towards your total.

Danny Dudekisser

Eh... insomnia sale just means no new releases for a while. Last week was great, but GOG's otherwise been so slow to build their selection that there's really not much reason for me to care about stuff going on sale. Cuz I've already got most of what I want.

I mean, technically there is a new release this week, with Day of the Tentacle: Remastered coming out tomorrow.

Although, it's one we've known about for a while now, so I suppose it's not exactly the most exciting news in the world... unless you're a huge fan of Day of the Tentacle like I am (my favorite point-and-click adventure, bar none), in which case squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
emot-allears_zkr9l.gif

Red Hood

Banned
During these insomnia sales, do you need to have completed your order while the stock hasn't reached 0 yet, or do you only need to put it in your basket and you can pay for it later?

edit: Okay, I checked and it seems to be the latter.

Danny Dudekisser

Y'know, I'm really glad that I buy stuff on GOG when it's an option. I was in San Francisco last week for GDC, and at the time, I was in the middle of Trails in the Sky. My hotel was tryna charge me $10 a day for internet, and I wasn't about to pay that. Obviously, it didn't matter -- I could play my GOG copy of the game without any nonsense. Didn't have to log in, authenticate my laptop, etc. It just fucking worked.

That's the way it should be.

draetenth

Classic 2k games are now on GOG: Take on 2K.

Railroad tycoon (2, 3, and sid meiers railroads)

Classic X-com (the original 5)

Freedom Force (new) and Freedom Force 3rd Reich (already on GOG - did it leave at one point? I already own it...)

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Classic 2k games are now on GOG: Take on 2K.

Railroad tycoon (2, 3, and sid meiers railroads)

Classic X-com (the original 5)

Freedom Force (new) and Freedom Force 3rd Reich (already on GOG - did it leave at one point? I already own it...)

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Does this mean they got Freedom Force 1 working properly on modern OS's? That would be amazing.

Danny Dudekisser

Was the original Freedom Force that good? I remember PC Gamer loved it back in the day, but I never played it. I'm curious if it's still worth jumping into.

Persona7

Banned
Am I remembering wrong or did gearbox pop up in the developer search at one point?

also, the last door season 2? didn't even know that was happening.

ShadowOwl

Got so much stuff from GOG lately... Day of the Tentacle Remastered a dew days ago, Grim Dawn today and just shortly after that 2K popped up out of nowhere. :O

Good times!

draetenth

Interestingly enough, GOG also released Konung 1 + 2. As I understand, Konung 1 isn't available anywhere. Steam has 2 + 3. I've bought 2 + 3 from Steam, but from what I understand the games aren't that good. Anyone actually play them?

Great price on Beamdog's D&D Enhanced Editions:
You can now pick up Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition at -75%, or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition at 60% off. And if you own the original games already, you can get all three Enhanced Editions at 85% off - the discount will be applied during checkout.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
So that's $2.99 per game at the checkout if you own the original, non-EE editions.

Plus they'll be changing how those games are presented:
On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

They also mention that Galaxy achievement support is coming for all of Beamdog's D&D titles, including the freshly-released Baldur's Gate Dragonspear.

Persona7

Banned
are the updated beamdog versions any good? I remember hearing some bad things about one of them but that was a long time ago.

Nordicus

Remind me if Heroes of M&M is easy to get into or not? I hear it praised A LOT but am worried it's too umm Computer RPG for me :X
HoMM5 at least was super easy to get into. The campaign teaches the mechanics bit by bit. Don't know about the older ones, although 3 is considered the best in the series

Linkark07

Banned
There are some games in this sale that I see for the first time, like Imperialism, Warlords Battlecry or Shadow Watch.

How are those games? I'm interested in buying them.

Top Bottom