• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to NY International Auto Show as press. You ask ?'s, I get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paskowitz

THREAD UPDATED 03.31.2015

For the past couple of years I have been going to the New York International Auto Show as a member of the press. Every year has been a truly rewarding and enjoyable experience. I have talked to a wide variety of people over the years. From management like Jim Farley CMO at Ford, Carlos Ghosn CEO of Nissan, to employees in the trenches of designing and developing the cars we love, like the chief engineers and designers from Acura and the metal fabricator who built the (Dodge) SRT Viper show car.

What may surprise you is I do not write for a big publication or website. I write for my home town paper and college newspaper. (Yes I need to get around to starting a blog... when I am not working 8am-7pm).

If you have any question you want me to ask, or pieces of information you want me to find out, I will watch this thread and relay any answer I am able to obtain. I will do my best to watch this thread over the next week.

Let's do this!

Camp Lo

Banned
If you happen to speak to someone with Mercedes, I'm very interested in knowing how they feel about the CLA? Has it been successful enough to push another vehicle into that price point?

Bandit1

Whaaaaat. That's pretty awesome Paskowitz. I can't think of a very specific question right now, in line with your guidelines, but I might think of something later. Anyway have fun! I'll be looking forward to seeing the new Charger and hopefully the supercharged version of the Hemi Challenger...

paskowitz

Did I mention it is free (for the press) and we get booze!

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

Awesome. If you happen to pass through Jeep can you ask a engineer or marketing engineer if a diesel Wrangler will make it's way to North America. Thanks!

otapnam

That is definitely one of the first places I am going and first questions I am asking.

Haha good luck!

Were dying for a cx-5 diesel to come out asap. Looking to get a new car by the end of year. The x3 28d is nice too but almost 20k more out the door :/

hwalker84

For the past couple of years I have been going to the New York International Auto Show as a member of the press. Every year has been a truly rewarding and enjoyable experience. I have talked to a wide variety of people over the years. From management like Jim Farley CMO at Ford, Carlos Ghosn CEO of Nissan, to employees in the trenches of designing and developing the cars we love, like the chief engineers and designers from Acura and the metal fabricator who built the (Dodge) SRT Viper show car.

What may surprise you is I do not write for a big publication or website. I write for my home town paper and college newspaper. (Yes I need to get around to starting a blog... when I am not working 8am-7pm).

To keep things organized, I am going to lay out a couple of instructions. If you want me to ask your question(s), **you MUST follow these instructions** in your post.

Please format your reply as follows:
  • Automotive Company: (Ex. Nissan, Ford, BMW, etc)
  • Person I would like to ask: (Ex. Product manager, designer, engineer, marketing, or a specific name, etc)
  • Question: (Ex. What were some of the inspirations for the design of the new SRT Challenger?)

Other rules:
  • Please keep your questions respectful, realistic, to the point and interesting.
  • Don't just think about your question, think about the answers you may get. Then think about your question again.
  • If you have multiple questions, please write each one separately.
  • I really need to stress the to the point, point. Time is really limited when asking questions.

For your reference here is a link to the press schedule for the show. It is likely I will not be able to get an answer from a brand that is not present at the show.
http://www.autoshowny.com/files/press/2014/2014press.pdf

I will do my best to watch this thread over the next week. I look forward to asking the questions you come up with. When the show is over, I will come back with any answers (and pictures).

Let's do this!

Dodge/SRT
Ralph Gilles
When can we expect customers to be able to order the 2015 Challenger?

paskowitz

Dodge/SRT
Ralph Gilles
When can we expect customers to be able to order the 2015 Challenger?

Based on the production time table for most cars (we are now at the "auto show reveal" phase), I would assume Q4 2014/Q1 2015. With the car arriving in late 2015. Just assuming. Chances are it will be announced in the press conference.

v0yce

Not sure if you can answer this, but I've always been curious what it would take to get a press pass as a freelance photographer.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Automotive Company: Chrysler
Person I would like to ask:Ralph Gilles
Question: Is the new Challenger going to lose some serious weight, and can I order a manual with the V6 this time?

Madness

Ask Dodge how removing the Ram symbol and creating the Ram truck division has helped/hampered brand awareness or the company. Most people I know, still call the trucks a Dodge Ram, and one guy, wondered where the Ram logo was on newer Dodge vehicles. It's been a few years since the change too. Just basically whether the split was worth it I guess? Whether it made any noticeable difference in the points above.

Not sure if he will be there or if you have access to ask him this, but if you do:

• Tesla
  • Elon Musk
  • What are the challenges that are causing delay of the Model X?

Oxn

I dont have a question, but just take a really nice picture of the new 50th Anniversary Mustang for me.

Ask around to the different manufacturers reps when they plan to make the majority of their production hybrid. Fuel costs are not going down, so eventually they will shift. Also ask about LP (natural) gas being used in engines.

paskowitz

Ok shows over will update thread today and tomorrow. More likely tomorrow.

I'll just say this...

Koenigsegg Ageta R revving.

Also I have answers to almost everyone's questions.

paskowitz

U going this year again?

I have questions...

11078962_627848197345262_1416182273_n.jpg

Wuuuuuuh! I have questions as well!!!!

Yes I am going this year, and I will ask about that... whatever that is!!!! I want one.

Also, I am an bad person. I didn't even follow through last year (answer anyone's questions). I won't do that again.

oxidax

Rumor has it its a BRZ STi but I think its just a refresh concept for the twins.
If its really a STi or even a refresh with boost..oohh boy!! Im supposed to be picking up a FR-S in June but that picture just gave me the chills.

11055989_961556977211201_225265936_n.jpg

Buy yea please keep us posted!! Ill be on the lookout if you create another thread. (I found these pictures under #NYautoshow on IG btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom