• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Wii Discussion

Rich!

Magnus said:
This is the perfect title, this HAS to be used, no question :lol

Yes!

Don't let us down, OT maker dude! The eurocant/rarent one makes no sense (even as a throwback to the nintendont/sega stuff, it's still stupid), and is nowhere near as clever.

Someone could even make a gif for the thread of the scene in the film where Bond is holding Alec by the leg over the huge drop, and have 'For 360, James?' 'No, for Wii.', subtitled for it, with Alec then falling.

Oh shit. SOMEONE DO THIS.

donny2112

radioheadrule83 said:
I do like "For 360, James? No... for Wii" though too.

The problem I have with this one is that it's too confrontational, and would epicly be egg on the face when/if Goldeneye does come to 360. Just focus on what the game is instead of trying to use it to egg on other groups.

Rich!

donny2112 said:
The problem I have with this one is that it's too confrontational, and would epicly be egg on the face when/if Goldeneye does come to 360. Just focus on what the game is instead of trying to use it to egg on other groups.

It wont. Nintendo own the rights to any video games based on the Goldeneye 007 film.

Much prefer the nice texture to the text on that logo actually..

Penguin said:
You mean two Bond threads on the same day. :lol

Could you make me a Blood Stone banner in the same vein?

Except Maybe 00Fficial
7hread

Did a blood stone ver of mine though if you still want it: http://imgur.com/oMa3i.gif (the background matte colour is #dfdfdf so it matches the background of a first post on GAF)

Penguin

radioheadrule83 said:
Much prefer the nice texture to the text on that logo actually..

Did a blood stone ver of mine though if you still want it: http://imgur.com/oMa3i.gif (the background matte colour is #dfdfdf so it matches the background of a first post on GAF)

Sweet deal, now I have to actually work on this thread.
Could I bother you for some headers. :p

Anyhow, interesting that online seems to have completely different maps.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So I got into a heated but friendly argument with the girl at EB Games. She was quite confidant saying GoldenEye was a "remake" of the original- and she had played it... And was aware that it was from a different developer. I was under the the impression that it feigned the appearance of a remake, similar level scenarios etc., but was actually a different game from another company who now held the rights.

Who is more correct? Are we both correct?

BocoDragon said:
So I got into a heated but friendly argument with the girl at EB Games. She was quite confidant saying GoldenEye was a "remake" of the original- and she had played it... And was aware that it was from a different developer. I was under the the impression that it feigned the appearance of a remake, similar level scenarios etc., but was actually a different game from another company who now held the rights.

Its as close of a remake that they can do without trampling on intellectual property, with the added bonus of avoiding all the bad things about Goldeneye for N64.

antonz

richisawesome said:
Probably not exactly true, don't take my word for it. But Nintendo is a real sticking point.
Nintendo owns the overall rights to the Goldeneye IP as far as game goes. It would basically be impossible to make a new Goldeneye game for competitor systems. To avoid an issue with Rare they tweaked the story and new levels etc so Microsoft wouldnt try to step in.

Rare owns the code to the original game but without Nintendo approval the code cannot be used.

FoneBone

richisawesome said:
Probably not exactly true, don't take my word for it. But Nintendo is a real sticking point.
My understanding is that they own some portion of the rights to the original N64 game, but like I've said, having any kind of blanket rights to the movie is not something I'm aware of. I don't know the legalities though.

Rich!

FoneBone said:
My understanding is that they own some portion of the rights to the original N64 game, but like I've said, having any kind of blanket rights to the movie is not something I'm aware of. I don't know the legalities though.

All that needs to be said is that Nintendo is enough of an issue for a Goldeneye 007 based on the film for another console to be a no no.

Disguises

The only thing I'm not too keen on in those IGN videos is the amount of talking while in a match. It got annoying in the videos, but maybe I won't notice it as much while playing.

Penguin

Disguises said:
The only thing I'm not too keen on in those IGN videos is the amount of talking while in a match. It got annoying in the videos, but maybe I won't notice it as much while playing.

I think so as well, though it only seems to be in objective based modes to give you some idea of what's going on.

goomba

Banned
richisawesome said:
All that needs to be said is that Nintendo is enough of an issue for a Goldeneye 007 based on the film for another console to be a no no.

goldeneye-rogue-agent-xbox.348773.jpg

rogue%20agent.jpg

faridmon

And OP duder, in the OP, quote several random posts from this thead like Bepop does for hs thread. It will make this thread less of a waste and would be intresting to read peoples thoughts on this game before release. Also, you could use some funny comments to make it more humorous.

Examples:

Faridmon said:
I don't knows how will this translate into a good game. Its on the Wii
faridmon said:
Nintenod owns the right, therefore I will buy it

Faridmon said:
Between this and Blood Stone. Which one to get? I know, the one Activision advertise the most

some stupid examples (which doesn't exist, obviously) but you get the Idea. Read Birth By Sleep OP and Kiokorevnant (or whatever he is called) threads like Saga 2 threads and you get the Idea

cheers for your hardwork, mate :D

goomba said:
http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/101/goldeneye-rogue-agent-xbox.348773.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.spassersalg.dk/userfiles/image/rogue%20agent.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They own the Bloody code for the original Goldeneye, not the name.

goomba

Banned
richisawesome said:
Completely irrelevant.

Was that game at all based on the film or story? No. Basing a game on the film is the issue with Nintendo.

Hey I never played it but to me , its a James Bond game called Goldeneye so most people are going to assume that it is based on the James Bond movie called Goldeneye.

Rich!

goomba said:
Hey I never played it but to me , its a James Bond game called Goldeneye so most people are going to assume that it is based on the James Bond movie called Goldeneye.

Which isn't the issue. Nintendo have nothing to do with that, they don't own the name itself. It's not 'Goldeneye' either, it's 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'.

Boney

Banned
BocoDragon said:

I guess both are... but the girl is right.. why are you argueing again?

Altazor

yay, I gave the idea/indirectly named the official thread, this is my proudest moment in GAF :D
not really... well, maybe it is. problem? :p

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
BocoDragon said:

Next time pull her hair until she cries. Then she will really know you like her.

Holy shit. I am seriously considering day 1, 2 or 3 for this. :lol Sure, my PC can run games like BC2 maxed, but there's just something so damned fun about playing FPSs with the wii remote. Plus it looks like a pretty damn good game. I'll have to check my funds...

gamingeek

Kinda getting a sad COD vibe from the videos, the running, the ADS, the grenade indicator. It's like they just copied those aspects.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Penguin said:

Looks really, really fun, if a bit "Call of Goldeneye". Im looking forward to the single player more than online.

Great production values, but I dont like the muzzle flash effect. I didnt like it in the earlier vids and was hoping it wouldn't stay, but it looks a bit shit here. Oh well. Rest of the game looks tight.

A.CHAP

Banned
gamingeek said:
Kinda getting a sad COD vibe from the videos, the running, the ADS, the grenade indicator. It's like they just copied those aspects.

My thoughts exactly. Very sad. ADS is what annoys me the most. I like using the Wii remote to aim, not just hold down a shoulder button and pull the trigger.

chance to leave live grenades behind for other players when you die.

Grrr

A.CHAP said:
My thoughts exactly. Very sad. ADS is what annoys me the most. I like using the Wii remote to aim, not just hold down a shoulder button and pull the trigger.

Grrr

Battlefield BC2: ADS
Medal of Honor: ADS

Seems like an FPS element that's here to stay.

KevinCow

Banned
I like ADS for single player, but not so much for multiplayer. It really slows it down.

I'm not too happy with how they seem to be making Goldeneye's online basically a CoD reskin. Hopefully it's fun anyway.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
A.CHAP said:

Grrr
I mostly don't use ADS while playing CoD for Wii, though.

ADS isnt something exclusive to Call of Duty, you know. I can't think of an FPS series that hasnt adapted it aside from the Halo games. Hell, even Bioshock and Fallout have it!

Top Bottom