• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good anime based games?

TI82

Banned
Seems for a genre so rooted in game culture there would be more GOOD anime games. All I can think of off the top of my head is JOJO's bizarre fighter from Capcom.

tumblr_nxhiq3MCvE1r7sijxo1_500.gif

The first Dragonball Xenoverse was quite good. The 2nd one on the other hand felt subpar to me.

So if I thought the anime was trash I should avoid the games?

I didn't even watch the anime and I had a fun time with Hollow Realization. The games exist in a sort of alternate reality.

The One Piece Unlimited series I think really capture the spirit of adventure of the series well.

one_piece_unlimited_adventure_frontcover_large_8BrSrNzrPeDWXbQ.jpg

Also Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes is a personal favorite. A more "realistic" take on the series. You never even play as a Gundam.

88c3b5c9a3f92f8d941d61aa51093ca5.jpg

That Marcross PS3 game that I forget the name of. Voices Across the Galaxy? That one was excellent at the time.

To be honest, you can't go wrong with many of Artdink's Marcross games.

Afrocious

Off topic but I saw a post of yours last night about a steam link you got working when it wouldn't before but you never updated how you fixed it

oh wow, that was a long time ago!

if i remember correctly, i had to reinstall my network drivers on my windows machine. the link was working fine, it was my windows pc that was the culprit.

image.php

With a KH avatar...

unironically too :(

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Asura's Wrath. It might not be base on anime TV show but the way it structured it's like you are actually playing anime TV show.

That Marcross PS3 game that I forget the name of. Voices Across the Galaxy? That one was excellent at the time.

To be honest, you can't go wrong with many of Artdink's Marcross games.

Macross 30.

Gundam Unicorn on the PS3 is an awesome FROM-developed game. And super cheap.

The One Piece Unlimited series I think really capture the spirit of adventure of the series well.

one_piece_unlimited_adventure_frontcover_large_8BrSrNzrPeDWXbQ.jpg

]

Have you played the Switch Version of One Piece: Unlimited World Red by any chance?

I have been eyeing it, but I am not sure. I have only played the Pirate Warriors games and I love them for what they are. One of the best Musuo games I've played, but it it still a Musuo.

How does the Unlimited series differ? Pros/Cons?

_Slay

Bleach_The_Blade_of_Fate_cover.png

This is far too good of a fighting game for being on the DS. There is also a sequel with more content but less fun mechanically.

Asura's Wrath is the best anime.

1184834_o.gif

There's also the Attack on Titan game that was pretty servicable. It must have been a real challenge to translate the acrobatics of the show to an intuitive control scheme, but they got most of the way there. IIRC there was a pretty good Bleach-based fighting game on the DS too.

EDIT: Beaten to that last one!

1762.jpg

Shaman King Master of Spirits and it's sequel are great Castlevania games.

dragon-ball-advanced-adventure-20060616041013919.jpg

Advanced Adventure is one of the best GBA games and I don't even like Dragon Ball.

You can't go wrong with Jump Ultimate Stars too.

Reset

71J-KrrlX9L._AC_SX215_.jpg

The Naruto Storm games are the best anime based games.

The Legacy of Goku Trilogy are the best DBZ games and come in a close second.

NandoGip

Dragon Ball Z attack of the saiyans is a great JRPG that happens to have the DB brand attached

Super Robot Wars V for ps4 is a fucking GREAT strategy RPG on the line of FF Tactics

Fate Stay/Night is an awesome visual novel, care though there are versions of the game that are NSFW

Gundam Versus has a huge competitive scene

The upcoming Naruto game looks great

Also yeah, anyone saying XV1 is better than 2 is crazy. 2 is essentially 1 but upgraded.

If you're up for flash over substance, the Naruto ninja storm series are a fun time, shame that the less flashy but more deep fighting series that used to run alongside it got canned.
But in any case, CC2 whip up some glorious cinematic stuff, pretty much ended up being the basis for their work on Asura's Wrath I'm sure.

I feel like the only anime games I've got lying around to point out were just those based on what were the Shonen Jump Big 3 at the time, not too many properties outside shonen stuff get solid titles out over here it seems.

Top Bottom