• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google launches Gemini AI

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's coming guys, you know it!

terminator2-judgement-day.gif

Damn impressive.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I always get a combo of excitement and existential dread every time EviLore posts about AI. Let's see what we've got this time!

Edit: Yep. Excitement and existential dread! This shit is nuts.

Last edited:

E-Cat

Impressive coding performance, beating 85% of programming competition participants.
Using a version of Gemini, we created a more advanced code generation system, AlphaCode 2, which excels at solving competitive programming problems that go beyond coding to involve complex math and theoretical computer science.

When evaluated on the same platform as the original AlphaCode, AlphaCode 2 shows massive improvements, solving nearly twice as many problems, and we estimate that it performs better than 85% of competition participants — up from nearly 50% for AlphaCode

Last edited:

T-0800

I just hope we have a way of killing these things should we ever have a reason to. At leat that's why the guy next to me just said.

I_D

It's quite impressive. It reminds me of the original 'Natal' videos; especially 'Milo.'

I have doubts about it's authenticity at the moment, but there's absolutely no doubt this will be commonplace within a few years.

Raonak

Banned
Bard was already better than ChatGPT.

ChatGPT refused to answer a certain question, but Bard gave one with no excuses.
Bard's user experience is so much better than ChatGPT. Loads up way faster and doesn't mysteriously log me out or randomly error.

Advanced versions of AI will be the first to settle on distant uninhabitable planets.

They're not fragile like the human body, dont need food, sleep or water.

Sending out streams of space probes with super advanced AI onboard will be game changing.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

I truly hate this. It's doing the human thing of abstraction. Computers were good at precise tasks but not these sorts of things thus there was no fear as they are just seen as tools.

This replaces the human.

hyperbertha

I truly hate this. It's doing the human thing of abstraction. Computers were good at precise tasks but not these sorts of things thus there was no fear as they are just seen as tools.

This replaces the human.
You are quite misinformed. These things aren't remotely capable of abstraction. They have NO reasoning capabilities. They are glorified autocorrects.

And this thing is barely better than gpt4, which was trained a year ago. Which means it's not advancing anywhere near as fast as some people say.

violence

I’m speechless. Maybe we’ll be able to upload new souls to the brain like in ghost in the shell? AI can figure it out.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm unsure where the fear is coming from with Gemini AI, is it unclear how it's operating to some? It's not that difficult. At any rate, I'm going to start using it with my work next week. May end up doing some programming too if need be.

bitbydeath

I'm unsure where the fear is coming from with Gemini AI, is it unclear how it's operating to some? It's not that difficult. At any rate, I'm going to start using it with my work next week. May end up doing some programming too if need be.
Simply buy a robot and have it do the work for you!

I just hope we have a way of killing these things should we ever have a reason to. At leat that's why the guy next to me just said.

Pass.

These guys will be my new best friends. Or I'll be a pet, like a dog. AI's best friend.

Either way, I'll be fighting against you ;)

Pretty scummy and the SEC should look at suing Google since their stock was up 5% after that announcement. Deceptive Deceptive.
I don't understand (ok, I kinda understand) why despite being (allegedly) far more advanced than anybody in AI and stuff, Google is unable to produce anything seriously competitive. It is either staged or faked all the time.

Why on earth did they post a video like that, only to launch a tool that can handle files via google drive only and has no voice or camera input?

I am talking to it now. It tells me that it is only a language model and that it cannot handle images. But I can upload images and it can analyze them.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Microsoft...

Always right on time to buy out other people's hardwork and rule their half of the world with it.

✌️

Paltheos

Cool. Only objection I've had so far is at 4:28. When the presenter asked, "Is this the right order?" He hadn't specified the parameters of the question. I think the machine concluding "Is this the right order [of celestial bodies originating from the center of the solar system and stretching outwards]?" is a bit of a stretch when he could have been asking about size, but I could buy it thinking that it's seen the former asked so often that not asking for further details first is a reasonable response.

Top Bottom