• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Says You Can Now Try Out Bard, Its ChatGPT Rival in the US and UK.

SJRB

Gold Member

Matt Walsh is kind of a goofball at times but this is a good summary of how deep the DEI brainrot runs in the US tech scene. That lady is in charge of Ethics at Google and openly states on camera that she treats people differently based on skin color, lmao. How is this even real?

Imagine the progress we as a civilization could've made if we weren't held back by these kinds of absolute buffoons cramping our tech advancement with their political agendas.

Huge shoutout to Elon and X, by the way. The massive outrage and image sharing on X is what caused Google to shut down Gemini. There's no doubt this never would've happened under old Twitter management.

Last edited:

Fbh

Imagine a Terminator remake, but Skynet is made by Google. 😏

It's going to be like that movie The Mitchells where the robots shut down because they can't identify if it's a dog, pig or loaf of bread
dog-pig.gif

Except you'll just have to show them a white person.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Historical revisionism at it's worst.
To try to erase the history, culture and achievements of a whole continent is very pernicious.

It's fucking scary they're creating these politicized AIs. We're really entering a 1984 like world where soon we can read information on the internet after it's been checked and corrected by an AI that's an combination of Big Brother and a woke Karen.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They really need to fire whoever is in charge of Gemini. What an embarrassment of an AI system.

They dug up all the tweets and comments by their lead engineer. It wasn't a bug, it was working as they CULTurally programmed it to. Garbage in, garbage out.

Ironically it blowing up on Twitter (which would have suppressed it in the past), is why they are all of a sudden backpedaling.

They really need to fire whoever is in charge of Gemini. What an embarrassment of an AI system.

I find it racist. The answer to inclusion is not racism or forcing ideology. If I want those things to be in my prompt, I would write them and they shouldn't be included without me knowing.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Seems like that white dude who cried for 24 hours after voting Biden and is behind this mess has been (at least in PR) replaced by an actual adult

The explanation is pretty much that the model kept on self referring so much that it reached DEI singularity

Last edited:

PSYGN

Imagine knowingly releasing this garbage to the public. The tech giants are bent so far up their own ass that the only people it hears are the woke sharing that same space. Thankfully, a lot of companies are cutting back on this garbage because, you know, they have to make money at the end of the day. Who knew that forcing diversity was not a way to make that happen?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
No such thing as reverse racism, lol.

It's just racism but in last few years somehow it's allowed in public to be racist against white people.

Racism against white people, racism against jewish folks, racism against asians - We have a few notable members who like to think that the modern day is the "most progressive" time, but we have regressed so far in allowing such openly racist ideals to perpetuate and grow.

It has gotten to the point where my young nephews are wearing feminine clothing and thinking that they need to start paying other people to "give back" due to racism that happened centuries ago. This is something being taught in schools.

Thankfully my family was smart enough to quickly remove them from those locations and moved to a private school instead. Sadly this is the nature of many public schools and the education system in general these days. We should be fighting back against DEI/DEIA and other cancerous ideologies in our institutions, but doing so has negative consequences with threats of firing, expulsion, or "cancelling" thanks to the mental rejects that currently hold power in HR departments and the tech industry.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Fucking disgusting.

Anyone who uses the term "MAP" to describe paedophiles should be investigated. They're literally trying to normalise being attracted to minors as if it's not wrong.

A lot of these cunts are in big tech and politics so they're manipulating what they can behind the scenes.

Pigenator

I've been using all those GenAI a lot the past year, and Gemini is by FAR the worst one.
Consistently making up crap, showing you places on google maps which don't exist, refusing to summarize YT videos (which is a FEATURE that they advertised) because it's saying it's unable to do so, and a lot more.
This shit product should have had at least a couple more years before they publicly released and put it all over their products, but GPT had them shook.

Now I'm lucky enough to have this crap as my new assistant on my Pixel 7, which just made it a lot stupider and worthless. Sigh

winjer

Gold Member
I still remember when Google had in their core motto, "don't be evil".
Since they dropped this from their corporate code of conduct, they have become a truly evil and racist company.
If 20 years ago, someone would have told me that Google would become one of the most racist companies in the world, I would not have believe them. But here we are.

Bojji

Yet another reason to never use a Google Product.

I have my very important 2007 email and I use their authenticator so I'm still tied to their ecosystem, I'm glad that I finally removed CC data from google pay and only use my bank application for all payments. Worst thing is that any big tech to switch to (Apple, MS) is almost as bad as them and all small companies also cannot be trusted enough with my data + there is no guarantee that they will still be operating few years from now.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
An unholy amount of red flags start appearing when a language model starts “both siding” paedophilia.

We cannot under any circumstance allow this to happen. There is no situation, literally none, where this should be treated as anything but extremely concerning. Do not let these sick fucks normalise this.
This is infinitely worse than them blackwashing history.

Last edited:
I have my very important 2007 email and I use their authenticator so I'm still tied to their ecosystem, I'm glad that I finally removed CC data from google pay and only use my bank application for all payments. Worst thing is that any big tech to switch to (Apple, MS) is almost as bad as them and all small companies also cannot be trusted enough with my data + there is no guarantee that they will still be operating few years from now.
If you are using a bank app you are still tied indirectly to their (big tech) ecosystems.
Better use your card (for ex. debit/credit card) and web banking for payments.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I can’t agree. Apple is by far more secure and consumer friendly when it comes to user data than google or Microsoft.

Bojji

If you are using a bank app you are still tied indirectly to their (big tech) ecosystems.
Better use your card (for ex. debit/credit card) and web banking for payments.

I'm using BLIK system that is completely internal between Polish banks. I have my debit card (temporarily) blocked and only use BLIK with NFC, it acts like virtual card this way.

I can’t agree. Apple is by far more secure and consumer friendly when it comes to user data than google or Microsoft.

I'm thinking about switching to iphone at some point in time, I don't like apple very much but in some aspects they are better than others for sure.

Yet another reason to never use a Google Product.
How do you suggest people avoid watching you tube? There is no video platform that can come close to competing. And Apple phones are also usually a fair bit more expensive than Android, making the choice a luxury that not everyone can afford. But yeah, when and where you can, google gives people a lot of good reasons to avoid them.

I think if anti-trust was still a thing in this world, the most powerful search engine, advertising company, and video platform in the world wouldn't all be allowed to be owned by the same company.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
How do you suggest people avoid watching you tube? There is no video platform that can come close to competing. And Apple phones are also usually a fair bit more expensive than Android, making the choice a luxury that not everyone can afford. But yeah, when and where you can, google gives people a lot of good reasons to avoid them.

I think if anti-trust was still a thing in this world, the most powerful search engine, advertising company, and video platform in the world wouldn't all be allowed to be owned by the same company.
Aside YouTube, I just need an email and maps alternative. For search I have been using Duck Duck Go for years. For Maps in CarPlay, Apple Maps is just useless in where I live.

Elon promised Xmail so I just need maps and video to have completely removed google from my life.

T-0800

Matt Walsh is kind of a goofball at times but this is a good summary of how deep the DEI brainrot runs in the US tech scene. That lady is in charge of Ethics at Google and openly states on camera that she treats people differently based on skin color, lmao. How is this even real?

Imagine the progress we as a civilization could've made if we weren't held back by these kinds of absolute buffoons cramping our tech advancement with their political agendas.

Huge shoutout to Elon and X, by the way. The massive outrage and image sharing on X is what caused Google to shut down Gemini. There's no doubt this never would've happened under old Twitter management.

I'm 52 and I grew up with the belief that we shouldn't treat people differently based on their skin colour. Where did it all go wrong? Social media I assume.

I'm 52 and I grew up with the belief that we shouldn't treat people differently based on their skin colour. Where did it all go wrong? Social media I assume.
Whatever beliefs and teachings that don't bring about the Utopia will eventually be cast aside as "wrong," when people can't accept that human nature means that inequalities will always exist in one form or another.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Plenty of open source/alternative front ends that allows you to still watch youtube while depriving Google of advertising revenue and your data.

Top Bottom