• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorgeous new trailer for Daedalic's The Pillars of the Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5i5T0aD35w

The Pillars of the Earth" is a story revolving around the fictional town of Kingsbridge and its rise, switching between the narrative perspective of a young noble called Aliena, Jack the ambitious architect and Philip, a monk.

The game-adaption of the world-bestseller "The Pillars of the Earth" is the first co-operative project of Daedalic Entertainment and Bastei Lübbe. This game will be more than just complementary media to the book and will instead retell the story in a new, interactive way. A team of more than 35 people works to create a multi-platform adaption of this bestseller. Daedalic is the only studio at the time adapting such an epic reading-experience into an interactive format.

The game itself will be released in 2017, at the same time the third novel of the Kingsbridge-Series will be published. The game will be internationally available for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Xbox One and mobile devices.

gYWs24bl.jpg

Sesha

Beautiful art. Title feels familiar but the plot of the book isn't. The way the trailer starts made me immediately think of The Secret of Kells, though this is obviously way different.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I couldn't help hearing the Kaer Morhen theme from the Witcher series in the first phrase of the trailer song. It's the same notes in the same order but a half step down, except for the last one.

Ratrat

The novel is really good, but I have no desire to play an 'interative novel' version. The cartoony artstyle also makes me think it'll be watered down considerably.

Ratrat

In what way? What couldn't the animated style be done maturely?
Generally sex related. IIRC(book spoilers)
the protagonist and heroine start fucking upon first seeing each other, also one of the main characters is raped.
to name a few. Granted, its a thrilling, nonstop page-turner, so I have no doubt they could weave an interesting narrative even with a bunch of stuff removed.

Top Bottom