• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT got me playing AC again!

RPS37

I’m about 20 hours into Ghost of Tsushima and I’m hooked.
So much so that I’m trying to find something similar.
I‘ve had Assassin’s Creed: Origins downloaded from Game Pass for months so I decided to hop in.
So far, it’s verrrry similar and I’m kind of digging it.
The graphics don’t look too bad on Series X for a game that came out in 2017 (Damn!).

Anyway, in y’all’s opinion, which is the best AC game to come out in recent memory?

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed: Origins is amazing. One of the greatest games ever made in my honest opinion. The music, detail of the cities, voice work/story, all incredible. I've said it before, the initial journey to Alexandria is something to behold.

Last edited:

Superkewl

Gold Member
I loved Origins. I have always liked Egyptian history, but would have preferred the ancient period but don't think that would have worked from a narrative/story perspective.

I remember one trippy fact I learned from one of the loading screens or something, was that more time had transpired since the pyramids had been erected to Cleopatra's time, than had transpired since Cleopatra's time to today. That's kinda wild considering the game takes place 2095 years ago. Also, if that period interests you, try the educational/free roam mode included. I enjoyed it a lot and found it relaxing.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-ca/game/assassins-creed/discovery-tour

Last edited:

DonJimbo

For me its the other Way AC makes me to play GOT
Should i get the normal version or the Directors Cut edition which one is better on ps5 ?

nemiroff

Gold Member
To tell you the truth, the first few ACs didn't click with me (been skipping some titles since then) they only made me sleepy. It wasn't until Odyssey it felt like a solid good experience to me.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Origins is the last assassin's creed I played. Did all the dlc. Thought it was brilliant.

Vinland Saga has me wanting to try valhalla but all I hear is how bloated it is. So annoying.

Hudo

AC II > AC: B > AC: Unity > AC: R > AC1 > AC4

The rest I haven't played because I am really not a fan of bloating AC up with RPG bullshit. I hear that Ubisoft unfucked AC with Mirage but I guess I just off the AC train at this point. Ubi will have an uphill battle with AC: Red against Ghost of Tsushima and Rise of the Rhonin.

GymWolf

Origins was the best out of the last 3 ac games, i liked it more than sushima even if they are both 7\10 caliber games at best.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’d say Origins is the best.

I’m a little tempted to revisit Valhalla in the near future. I’m in the mood for some Ubi comfort food gaming.

Origins. Not as much stupid grind as odyssey or as bloated as valhalla. And if we go a bit back, unity, amazing game.
I'm one of those that likes the entire saga, and appreciates each entry for what it brings, but the modern ones are too much stupid price justification.

GoT also had some bloat, but overall an enjoyable experience.

geary

Valhalla story progression is still gates after all these years behind leveling grind?
I remember i played Odyssey last year and i didn't felt it that grindy, but i understood that the xp gained was well higher than on release. So maybe this was the reason.

Kenpachii

I’m about 20 hours into Ghost of Tsushima and I’m hooked.
So much so that I’m trying to find something similar.
I‘ve had Assassin’s Creed: Origins downloaded from Game Pass for months so I decided to hop in.
So far, it’s verrrry similar and I’m kind of digging it.
The graphics don’t look too bad on Series X for a game that came out in 2017 (Damn!).

Anyway, in y’all’s opinion, which is the best AC game to come out in recent memory?

1) origin
2) odyssey

Both last dlcs are the best

Last edited:

GymWolf

Are you playing it already? How do you know it won’t suck ass?
Valhalla being the ac that sold the most is a scary thought for the sequel.

I don't think thay can have a more stupid take on samurai than tsushima with the whole honor thing being so important even at the cost of losing a war, but after their milquetoast depictipn of vikings, i'm prepared for the worse.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Valhalla being the ac that sold the most is a scary thought for the sequel.

I don't think thay can have a more stupid take on samurai than tsushima with the whole honor thing being so important even at the cost of losing a war, but after their milquetoast depictipn of vikings, i'm prepared for the worse.

Yeah I hear you. And I said it in one of the Ronin threads, but I think the market feels already oversaturated with samurai/feudal Japan games. Typical industry move, now everything looks like Tsushima.

After everything that's been going on and this new awesome black hole Ive fallen into with AA games, I couldnt give less of a fuck about anything AAA related at this point and onwards.

Larxia

I really liked Odyssey, and then I tried playing Origins, and I kind of hated it. I'm really confused with the praises it gets, I found it worse than Odyssey on every aspect.
I found it incredibly boring. The combats were terrible because it was like playing odyssey in the most basic way without using any of the abilities, odyssey lets you do a lot more chain kill with stealth etc, but more importantly, the progression system is what killed it for me. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I was always under leveled for the main quest and couldn't do it, so I always had to do boring mmo side quests for hours to finally be the right level again, and after just 1 or 2 main mission, I was under leveled again...

Also something I hate with these games (I didn't like it in Odyssey either) is how the level system works for ennemies. It feels like there is some kind of hidden stat somewhere, beyond the stats you get when you level up, because if an ennemy is 3 levels over you, they are almost impossible to kill, each random small npc becomes a boss that takes 10 min to kill, but if you gain one level, suddenly it's fine. It's very weird and frustrating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom