• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotta Protectors' (by Yuzo Koshiro's studio) Website Has Hilarious Retro Easter Egg

I'm pretty happy about Gotta Protectors(the sequel to Protect Me Knight on XBLIG) coming stateside. However, when I visited their website out of curiosity, I was greeted with a terrifying reminder of Western box art for retro games:

http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/gotta_protectors/

There's a big Easter Egg in the site though if you explore it enough.

PROTIP:
Just mouse over the Westernized abominations, including the chibis.

This Easter Egg shows how much Ancient went the extra mile for this game. I definitely plan on getting it on the 3DS eShop as soon as I can.

FDBK

Looks interesting! The 8bitness is hitting the right chords with me (pun intended). And that FM soundpack!!

Will buy!

hampig

I feel as if I'm being sold something with this thread, but the first game was actually pretty fun, so what the hell.

I feel as if I'm being sold something with this thread, but the first game was actually pretty fun, so what the hell.

I will say that the original was criminally overlooked; 😢 it was on only XBLIG which was a death wish for exposure. So yeah, I do want more people to experience this game because the Protect Me Knight is one of the best couch co-op games I've ever played. 😎

hampig

I will say that the original was criminally overlooked; 😢 it was on only XBLIG which was a death wish for exposure. So yeah, I do want more people to experience this game because the Protect Me Knight is one of the best couch co-op games I've ever played. 😎

It was definitely a lot of fun. I stumbled onto it one day by chance when I had some friends over to play Smash Bros and we had a good few hours with it.

Top Bottom