• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Governor Chris Christie Eyed to Replace Sports Talk Radio Host Mike Francesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

http://www.thewrap.com/chris-christie-eyed-to-replace-sports-radio-host-mike-francesa/

christie.jpg

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie could soon be making the jump from politics to the airwaves — and constantly have a mic in front of him to share his opinions.

Christie is being eyed to replace sports radio host Mike Francesa on WFAN, NorthJersey.com reported on Wednesday.

The outspoken politician who was vying for the job of president dropped out of the race a year ago, then failed to win the role as Donald Trump’s running mate.

If he takes over Francesa’s job, Christie will have plenty of time to air his grievances on that and a slew of other topics.

The governor frequently appears on WFAN as a guest host of the Boomer & Carton morning drive show, plus the diehard New York Mets and Dallas Cowboys isn’t afraid to share his thoughts on sports — so maybe the idea isn’t so crazy after all.

Francesa is set to leave the station at the end of the year, and Christie will leave office less than three weeks later, according to NorthJersey.com, so the timing could work out perfectly.

He's been frequently guest hosting on Boomer & Carton so I'm not surprised. So is it five hours of how much he loves Jerruh? "Oh right the Cowboys played a game, too."

Glix

Where is Mike going?

Retiring. I guess he wants to spend time with the kids.

He really seemed to get even more short tempered and cranky since Dog left, almost seemed like he was doing Chernoff a favor by staying these last few years

entremet

He really seemed to get even more short tempered and cranky since Dog left, almost seemed like he was doing Chernoff a favor by staying these last few years
I remember him falling asleep on air.

Given his weight, I'd guess it's sleep apnea at play.

Although he's much trimmer these days.

droggg

Not true, he's just leaving WFAN. Mike and WFAN have had issues for years now, the failed Fox Sports 1 simulcast had a lot to do with it. My guess is he'll do some kind of podcast, definitely not a 6 hour radio show 5 for days a week like he's doing now.

kingocfs

Not true, he's just leaving WFAN. Mike and WFAN have had issues for years now, especially the failed Fox Sports 1 simulcast had a lot to do with it. My guess is he'll do some kind of podcast, definitely not a 6 hour radio show 5 for days a week like he's doing now.

Wouldn't be surprised if he and Mad Dog get back together for this.

Boney

Banned
The lines between entretainment and politics have been blurred to such point that this is a little poetic.

Glix

Not true, he's just leaving WFAN. Mike and WFAN have had issues for years now, especially the failed Fox Sports 1 simulcast had a lot to do with it. My guess is he'll do some kind of podcast, definitely not a 6 hour radio show 5 for days a week like he's doing now.

Oh, wow. I stand corrected. Id be shocked if he does anything full time. Hes seemed done for years to me.

Who knows tho. Maybe he goes to tv and gets reinvigorated

effzee

Not true, he's just leaving WFAN. Mike and WFAN have had issues for years now, the failed Fox Sports 1 simulcast had a lot to do with it. My guess is he'll do some kind of podcast, definitely not a 6 hour radio show 5 for days a week like he's doing now.

Well whatever he does next and whoever replaces him won't be doing the 5-hour show like he currently does. It is not the norm on radio nowadays.

I don't get why in the world they would go with Christie though. I mean yeah he is a sports fans but his knowledge is limited, he is pretty despised in NY-NJ, and what would the upside be?

Far better to get an established radio guy or promote Joe and Evan. I love me some Michael Kay so I don't care one way or another and if they do go with Chris, it would be replacing one Trump supporter with another. Can't bother to listen to the fan much when you have personalities like Boomer, Mike, and now possibly Chris - all normalizing and supporting Trump.

Wouldn't also shock me if Mike gets tempted by ESPN to join their radio network.

Glix

Well whatever he does next and whoever replaces him won't be doing the 5-hour show like he currently does. It is not the norm on radio nowadays.

I don't get why in the world they would go with Christie though. I mean yeah he is a sports fans but his knowledge is limited, he is pretty despised in NY-NJ, and what would the upside be?

Far better to get an established radio guy or promote Joe and Evan. I love me some Michael Kay so I don't care one way or another and if they do go with Chris, it would be replacing one Trump supporter with another. Can't bother to listen to the fan much when you have personalities like Boomer, Mike, and now possibly Chris - all normalizing and supporting Trump.

Wouldn't also shock me if Mike gets tempted by ESPN to join their radio network.

Tho reviled mikes listeners are probably overwhelmingly pro christie

Dalek

Radio producers always try to replace big talent leaving with a big name-regardless of if the incoming person has any experience or talent. Remember that when Howard Stern left broadcast radio for satellite, Infinity Broadcasting acted like it was no big deal and replaced his show with David Lee Roth.

CHC

I feel like all of the world's problems might be solved if every Republican was given their own radio show where they could just run their big mouths, talking and talking and talking endlessly about whatever the fuck they want to, but enacting nothing material.

As a resident of NJ, I absolutely despise the man.

Though I can see a few calls going along this line

Caller: Chris, if you believe that x player is going to go to y team then I got a bridge to sell you.

aJ3ScUW.png
Do you think that barthers me? I mean come on, that's just water under the bridge
FgQCsav.png

joe and evan are great. they live and breathe NY sports and have a good rapport, bro.

craig carton is insufferable.

Carton is beyond insufferable, dude is a no talent hack who has is just a complete slob. Dude eats so much on the air it's disgusting, plus he has no self realization or shame. Just watch the simulcast on CBS Sports, it's just bizarro.

RGoOcJD.gif

LOL I never would have predicted Christie's career trajectory. Governor, food fetcher, sports radio.

Plus he'd be awful as a sports radio guy, he's just a complete front runner, except when it comes to the Mets.

I find it funny dude is from NJ and hates every single thing about it

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
After his Philly comments last week, I have never loathed a mans face more than this clown show son of a bitch. He disrespects his own constituency and is the kinda blowhard that will get people talking, he'll never say anything worthwhile.

He couldn't take the moral high road, must have been a closed bridge do to weight restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom