• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Dizzan

MINI Member
Surfheart said:
Here's an actual screen from the game

That screen is fucking ridiculously, insanely fuckalicious.

Fuck that's BETTER than Crysis

except for that tearing I just noticed

And fuck that shit out of the thread if you're just trying to stir shit.

J-Rzez

Dizzan said:
That screen is fucking ridiculously, insanely fuckalicious.

Fuck that's BETTER than Crysis

Umm, I think they're trying to bring some jollies in with "screen tearing" in the pic.

Dizzan

MINI Member
J-Rzez said:
Umm, I think they're trying to bring some jollies in with "screen tearing" in the pic.

Yeah I just noticed. But the fact that I didn't notice it for a while brings me to the point that I really don't give a shit about minor tearing. I just hope it is minor.

EDIT: It looks like a dodgy MS paint job anyway. Doesn't tearing run all the way through? All the way along the left edge the image is fine? I don't know, just asking.

Here's the original

2340968371_826ab67f93_o.png

Dizzan said:
Yeah I just noticed. But the fact that I didn't notice it for a while brings me to the point that I really don't give a shit about minor tearing. I just hope it is minor.

It's minor enough that you shouldn't notice it unless you want to see it.

J-Rzez

IzumiK said:
Who the heck would troll so hard to edit a picture to fake screen tearing?

Hope this is perma bannable.

Yeah, it's definitely a dig at PD and their God-Like status and not a light-hearted joke. How do I know? No. Stick. Figures.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I swear shadowmapping/flickering is the bane of this generation so far, it bugs the freaking crap out of me, you can see it even in that "original" bullshot

And mark my words when the next generation of consoles is announced this is one thing they'll point out in the tech demo and say "flickering shadows is a thing of the past with this new processing technology" or whatever

It's like seizuring models in the PSX era, that's what shadowmapping is to this generation

Ploid 3.0

lol wow that's such a bad fake screen tear. It go horizontal from right to left then go vertical. That is what you call 4D screen tear.

Surfheart

Oh come on guys, lighten up! (should have put a tongue in cheek smiley after that pic obviously)

I love GT5 as much as the next person, but I have to say that I'm dissapointed in the framerate and tearing issues.

Sooo touchy in here, wow.

Surfheart said:
Oh come on guys, lighten up! (should have put a tongue in cheek smiley after that pic obviously)

I love GT5 as much as the next person, but I have to say that I'm dissapointed in the framerate and tearing issues.

wtf? so ur GT5:p arrived already?

Replicant

Dizzan said:

EDIT: It looks like a dodgy MS paint job anyway.

Wow. That useless program actually knows what its master want: destroy GT5:p reputation. God job, MS, you've finally assimilated all of your products into one consciousness.

the_id

Replicant said:
Wow. That useless program actually knows what its master want: destroy GT5:p reputation. God job, MS, you've finally assimilated all of your products into one consciousness.
LOL! I love GAF for these funny delusional loose associations! :lol :lol :lol

IzumiK

Banned
Surfheart said:
If that's perma bannable then half of Gaf should be gone. :lol
Aside from some complaints in Uncharted threads, this is the first time I've seen someone actually going out and admitting editing a picture to make a game look bad.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
IzumiK said:
Aside from some complaints in Uncharted threads, this is the first time I've seen someone actually going out and admitting editing a picture to make a game look bad.

or people are so edgy as fuck over here that they can't take a joke anymore

jesus christ why must all threads be minefields these days, lighten up

Surfheart said:

You're disappointed that a early version of the game has some rare framedrops and little tearing?...

Doubt you even freaking played it tbh.

amar212

Surfheart said:
I love GT5 as much as the next person, but I have to say that I'm dissapointed in the framerate and tearing issues..

Framerate dropping is 100% absent from PAL game when compared to JP release, while tearing issues are so extremly minor - almost non-existant - that they're even not worth mentioning at all.

Since I have both releases and play them on nice screen, I can assure you what I'm talking about is in the know.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
IzumiK said:

Your memory fails you, then. I've seen comedy exaggerated jaggies edited into images before now, addition of massive blurring, that sort of thing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the hell happened to this thread all of a sudden? I go to sleep for 8 hours and...

Neo 007

It amasses me how everytime a GT thread comes up showing how awesome it is some fuckwit has to piss on it. X-Bot boys....Fuck Off,insecure dicks.

IzumiK

Banned
iapetus said:
Your memory fails you, then. I've seen comedy exaggerated jaggies edited into images before now, addition of massive blurring, that sort of thing.
Maybe I wasn't around long enough. But a lot of people agree, this is pissing most of us off and the guy admits he is doing it on purpose because he thinks there's noticeable screen tearing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Saw a flyer for Hastings that said Prologue would be here tomorrow in the US...was excited till I checked around. You make me cry Hastings. o________o

IzumiK said:
Maybe I wasn't around long enough. But a lot of people agree, this is pissing most of us off and the guy admits he is doing it on purpose because he thinks there's noticeable screen tearing.

please explain y he is banned? i dont c any flamatory language or troll bait, maybe he was upset because he did not get the joke but banning him because he complain about someone who intentionally try to distort a beautiful image with the purpose of downplayin it awesomeness is just wrong.

Surfheart

My apologies for the pic my intention was that of a light hearted dig. I picked up the JP version on thursday and was suprised by the uncharacteristic framedrops and tearing, particlarly on the London track.

Good to hear its been fixed up for the EU release because I am looking forward to picking it up on the 27th

Surfheart said:
My apologies for the pic my intention was that of a light hearted dig. I picked up the JP version on thursday and was suprised by the uncharacteristic framedrops and tearing, particlarly on the London track.

Good to hear its been fixed up for the EU release because I am looking forward to picking it up on the 27th
You should have made it clear you were joking.... Weak dude.

Firewire

Banned
Surfheart said:

Give you're self 20 lashes with a belt, declare Polyphony God's and we may forgive you. :lol

Of course you will need to post pics of all this.

Top Bottom