• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 Course Creator Releasing Tomorrow, first details

Niks

It's the same as GT5, which likely means that it's a limitation of the PS3. What exactly do you want them to do? Aside from that, many of the greatest tracks ever made are shorter than 10km. Suzuka for example is less than 6km.

I think he's referring to the Kaz interview where he mentioned the area was going to be 100 x 100 kms??

I think he's referring to the Kaz interview where he mentioned the area was going to be 100 x 100 kms??

Of course, but Kaz also said that he wasn't sure if it'd be that size in the end. That's probably part of what's taken so long. Just figuring out exactly what the PS3 could handle. Building big tracks is going to eat memory fast, and memory is the PS3 weakest attribute.

How about they fix their shitty update system. Wanted to play some GT6 some days ago and I had to download and install 18 patches and after 9 hours it was at the 3rd one.. fuck that.

Shin-Ra

I'm confident GT7's going to push the genre forward again after an unexciting start to the new gen.

Polyphony should build a small open-world town to drive the slower road cars around.

Pretty sure the 'GPS function' has been in the game for over a year, if it's what I think it is. Plugging in a flash drive with GPS data to upload it as a course, right? It's on the far right of the main menu.

OmegaDL50

Pretty sure the 'GPS function' has been in the game for over a year, if it's what I think it is. Plugging in a flash drive with GPS data to upload it as a course, right? It's on the far right of the main menu.

Nope. That is the GPS function for telemetry information. Basically just for real life drivers checking their lap times recreated inside the GT6 engine.

Yiazmat

Here's the 4 themes:

2 of them are duplicates (Eifel/Eifel Flat)

psAdcYk.jpg

huMTc5f.jpg

xQ6dzjx.jpg

q38buef.jpg

shandy706

- Four different locations (Eiger, Andalusia, Death Valley, 4th unknown?)

Go Tigers!!

Going to be hard to fit tracks in such a small space, but I'll make it work.

Edit** That would be the real Death Valley. Clemson of course..as named well before LSU stole it. Just in case there's any confusion :p

On Topic, this is very neat.

benzy

What is this GPS function?

Use your mobile GPS to map your driving route in real life, then port that driving route to the course maker to create a track.

So I'm guessing this means it will most certainly make its way into GT7 as well?

They scrapped GT5's course maker and created this one from scratch. Most likely they made it for both GT6 and GT7 support. Kaz said this regarding GT6:

By the time a PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo 6 is developed, it could evolve into Gran Turismo 7. That's according to Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi, who at a Gamescom panel reiterated that his studio has a PS4 version of its PS3 game in mind, but said that it could take some time to arrive.

Anyone know Russian?

Griss

If GT7 doesn't release in the first 4 years of PS4 (ie it comes holiday 2017 or later) because they were mucking around with features like this then that will be an all-time bone-headed decision.

Amazing feature, though.

We are 2 years into the gen, you don't even have announced a date for the game you are supposed to be developing, and you waste your time doing a course creator that nobody cares about for a 2 year old game?

Kazunori Yamauchi is out of his mind. Sony should just give him a pension and let him retire and spend his days driving and going to auto-events, because it seems to me that he doesn't give a sxxt about making driving games anymore.

We are 2 years into the gen, you don't even have announced a date for the game you are supposed to be developing, and you waste your time doing a course creator that nobody cares about for a 2 year old game?
Its absolutely fair game to criticize just how long it has taken them to get this out there (holy shit I thought the game got this long ago after I quit playing), BUT... maybe the time was well spent in an effort to design it to be more easily carry it over into GT7. I'm guessing that's the case anyway, otherwise it really would be a questionable effort.

farisr

Kazunori Yamauchi is out of his mind. Sony should just give him a pension and let him retire and spend his days driving and going to auto-events, because it seems to me that he doesn't give a sxxt about making driving games anymore.

Or... GT7/Sport announcement later on this year with mention of this course creator saying that there will be a more advanced version in GT7 at launch. Holiday 2016.

That's not even trying anymore.

benzy

Why would they announce a date for a game they haven't even announced yet? :p

Its absolutely fair game to criticize just how long it has taken them to get this out there (holy shit I thought the game got this long ago after I quit playing), BUT... maybe the time was well spent in an effort to design it to be more easily carry it over into GT7. I'm guessing that's the case anyway, otherwise it really would be a questionable effort.
But who wants a course creator to create ugly circuits when you can drive in 20-30 real ones? I don't get it.

But who wants a course creator to create ugly circuits when you can drive in 20-30 real ones? I don't get it.
I don't disagree. Unless the game is built from the ground up around player generated tracks I'd expect most of them to suck in comparison to the Polyphony's hand crafted ones, with their insane attention to detail.

benzy

Who needs the GPS function when you can just draw over google maps.

They don't have the whole team dedicated to course maker bro. GT7's development started a long time ago, and it makes more sense for this course creator to make its way to GT7 instead of being remade again. It's also up to Sony when they want to announce GT7, not Kaz.

Gestault

I actually thought this was a necrobump of a very old thread.

Surprised!

You weren't the only one. I seriously assumed I had just missed it completely. I'm pretty sure I don't have the hardware to use this, but I'm still stoked to see what comes out of it.

Ame

Fuck, I remember this being talked about years ago. At this point I just want GT7 news.

I haven't updated GT6 in a while. Does it still have that weird process where updating the game takes forever?

Top Bottom