• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Toxa

The sequel to the successfull previous thread

AndHereWeGo.gif

Renault Clio RS 11

YXEcf.png

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
This saturday​

Allowed cars:
Renault Clio RS 11

Tuning allowed:
no
Tyre Selection
Sport Hard​
Track:

Tsukuba
Willow Springs
Brand Hatch​
Laps:
5 laps
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (7 / 16):
  • 01 - MisterM
  • 02 - IISANDERII
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - throwawayname
  • 06 - Ted
  • 07 - FootballFan
  • 08 - Darkologia
  • 09 - paskowitz
  • 10 - l2ounD
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

MisterM

Oh boy, oh boy. I came here thinking I wouldn't be able to participate but the times are GMT!!

Put me down for now, I'll need to sort some stuff out. If all the places fill up and others desperately want in I will probably give up my space for them.

PSN ID: Milesofpower

h3ro

Wooo!

I'm going to be out of town for the next 2 weekends but will join as many races as I can.

ruttyboy

Got to go to the wife's work Christmas party this Saturday, typical.

One thing though, you might want to specify which Brands Hatch you mean for those taking part, there's a few.

Jibbed

I haven't got GT6 myself but I was just thinking... could we make the NRL an actual (semi)official league across multiple games and platforms?

I need people to race with, dammit.

Ted

I'd be interested. I'm not the quickest driver in the world though so if there are others more likely to be competitive drop me from the list.

I assume the pits are mandatory (via the lounge settings) as 5 laps is a pretty short stint on SH, particularly round Tsukuba.

Toxa

I'd be interested. I'm not the quickest driver in the world though so if there are others more likely to be competitive drop me from the list.

I assume the pits are mandatory (via the lounge settings) as 5 laps is a pretty short stint on SH, particularly round Tsukuba.

Pit stop are not mandatory but we can make 8 laps at tsukuba instead

Toxa

Got to go to the wife's work Christmas party this Saturday, typical.

One thing though, you might want to specify which Brands Hatch you mean for those taking part, there's a few.

so far the shotr version but can switch to long version

I haven't got GT6 myself but I was just thinking... could we make the NRL an actual (semi)official league across multiple games and platforms?

I need people to race with, dammit.

I don''t know maybe

Kiraly

Goddamn, wish I could join. Have to work this saturday, sadly. Count me in for next week (?) though!

Ted

8 laps sounds good.

I haven't driven the Clio yet at the tracks listed but I did take it for a run yesterday round the 'schleife and it's a cracking little motor.

How do I add the GT5NRL account, is the PSN name literally GT5NRL?

Looking forward to getting soundly thrashed after a long day of shopping with the family!

Does anyone else have access to the GT5NRL account? I seem to have lost it -.-

I remember giving access to it to a few people as well.

*edit* Scratch that, i figured out the password.

MisterM

Ehh!! Its looking iffy for me. I might not be able to make it :'( My mother is coming over for a pre-Christmas gift exchange

Ted

I enjoyed the racing last night despite the small numbers. I really don't know Willow Springs but had a good fight on the others, nice clean racing.

Looking forward to the next event.

Toxa

the fist race a tsukuba was tight, congrats niks for the the pole position :p
can't wait for the next party

Ted

Is anyone planning another of these stock events? Love racing the Clio but I'm down for whatever.

kartsattheringkartsattheringkartsatthering.

paskowitz

I can only do Sunday next week FYI. Tomorrow I am iffy.

We should do the C7 vs F430 vs the 09 GTR (some pp balancing required obviously) Little Willow, Ascari and Suzuka.

What are peoples impressions of GT6 online compared to GT5? Feels more forgiving to me and more visceral :)

Hope to have more time soon for GAF racing. Two new babes.

Please add my name to your friends' list for GT6 - chillumchilla

Happy New Year!

Toxa

Lotus Elise Bathurst

YXEcf.png

Reproduce that famous race an win it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIKKZv0J7w

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
When we'll get enough players this time

Allowed cars:
Lotus Elise 111R RM '04

Tuning allowed:
no
Tyre Selection
TBA​
Track:

Mount Panorama​
Laps:
5 laps
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (0 / 16):
  • 01 -
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

I would be interested. I can't say for sure yet but once some names are in I'll probably join. Assuming these races are somewhat friendly to novice/intermediate drivers.

ruttyboy

Assuming that is Sunday, I'm in, if it's Saturday I'm not sure but probably still OK.

Shouldn't we do more than 5 laps though?

Top Bottom