• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Toxa

Lotus Elise Bathurst

YXEcf.png

Reproduce that famous race an win it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIKKZv0J7w

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
When we'll get enough players this time

Allowed cars:
Lotus Elise 111R RM '04

Tuning allowed:
no
Tyre Selection
TBA​
Track:

Mount Panorama​
Laps:
5 laps
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (0 / 16):
  • 01 -
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

ruttyboy

I'm guessing by the lack of a confirmed time and people interested this isn't happening? Anyway, probably for the best as I can't make it tonight, sorry.

Ted

I'm up for another, put me down for inclusion for any/all events and I'll try to make time.

Without shuffle racing I'm barely spending any time with the game online as so few people run stock, untuned cars on non-race tires. I race with friends from GT5 but we all know each other so well now the races are pretty predictable so I'd love to get a regular GAF thing going to supplement that.

Perhaps a thread collecting details of people playing the game regularly and their availability might help drum up some other racers. I can't believe that from the whole of GAF less than half a dozen are up for some online racing...

Maybe the "community" updates (if and when they come) may help with getting people on board?

ruttyboy

I'm up for another, put me down for inclusion for any/all events and I'll try to make time.

Without shuffle racing I'm barely spending any time with the game online as so few people run stock, untuned cars on non-race tires. I race with friends from GT5 but we all know each other so well now the races are pretty predictable so I'd love to get a regular GAF thing going to supplement that.

Perhaps a thread collecting details of people playing the game regularly and their availability might help drum up some other racers. I can't believe that from the whole of GAF less than half a dozen are up for some online racing...

Maybe the "community" updates (if and when they come) may help with getting people on board?

I'm hoping that the community updates put a bit of life into it too.

Feel free to send me a PSN friend invite Ted (ruttyboy) as I'm nearly done with the single player and like you I'm all about the stock cars only. Would be good to race with like minded people :)

Ted

Thanks Rutty, I will do just that, I have to pare down my friends list as I am [somehow] at 101 friends according to the PS app so I will add you later this week.

Also wondering if the OP may want to remind people (again) in the main GT6 OT that we are looking for racers who want to race online and link to this thread.

Have a great day all.

paskowitz

Thanks Rutty, I will do just that, I have to pare down my friends list as I am [somehow] at 101 friends according to the PS app so I will add you later this week.

Also wondering if the OP may want to remind people (again) in the main GT6 OT that we are looking for racers who want to race online and link to this thread.

Have a great day all.

I am on relatively regularly (just never when we have an actual NRL race... lol). PSN: thepatriots

The problem was/is we did not get the NRL thread up soon enough when the GT6 OT was in the gaming section. No biggie though.

Top Bottom